What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2017

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Well that second half showed Tonga werent as clinical as they were in the first half. Maybe it was the humidity as both teams made a massive amount of errors.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I felt our defence was good last night and should handle Tonga, but if we have an off day and Tonga is takes out their errors and penalties they can beat us.
After watching that second half of the Tonga and Scotland game, it reminded me of how the big boys of Samoa gassed out. I'm not saying the Tongan pack gassed out but I think that they might succumb to tiring pace of our fitter leaner forwards.

Yeah our defence can hold them out and Ata and Tui should be easy to read.

I'd like to see us rest Johnson, NAS and Taupau as much as possible. If those guys get injured, ohhh were done.

After watching that second half of the Tonga and Scotland game, it reminded me of how the big boys of Samoa gassed out. I'm not saying the Tongan pack gassed out but I think that they might succumb to tiring pace of our fitter leaner forwards.

Yeah our defence can hold them out and Ata and Tui should be easy to read.

I'd like to see us rest Johnson, NAS and Taupau as much as possible. If those guys get injured, ohhh were done.
Don’t see any resting of players unless they have a niggle as it’s basically a 6 game tournament.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Don’t see any resting of players unless they have a niggle as it’s basically a 6 game tournament.
Provided we make the final then we got another 5 to go. So perhaps we should go full strength as much as possible. Our easiest game will be Scotland and Im not under estimating them but if there was some niggles to some key players, that would probably the best game to rest them.

Finally found out how finals go.
Three teams from each of Groups A and B and one team from each of Groups C and D qualifying.

A1 v B3
B2 v D1
Winners from above games play each other to make final
B1 v A3
A2 v C1
Winners from above games play each other to make final