What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Betting Thread

Macca_

Coach
Centrebet has a Daily Special for Day 1 of the WC. (assume they'll do one each day).

3 options.

My selections -
Fastest goal - Germany
Total goals for the day - under 5.5
Yellow cards for the day - 7 or less
11/1

Might have a 10 on that.

All starts tonight guys- I think I shall be joining that FIFA group :crazy:.

Aloisi at $5.50 for Australia's top goal scorer, might be worth having a look at that, he has a much better record then Viduka in scoring goals.. But then again it all depends how much Guus will use him...

roosters06

Juniors
just put my bets on for tonights opening game:

put five on Germany to win 3-0 and another five on Lukas Podolski to be the opening goalscorer. Stand to win a total of 65 bucks if it comes off!

Went to the club tonight and put $5 on Raul @$34 to be top scorer. In a group containing Saudi Arabia and Tunisia this was too good to pass up.

Macca_

Coach
It appears Ballack will now be playing...

If he doesn't that leg goes out of the multi. Both players must play in the opening game. It will go from 42/1 to 14/1 if he's out.

Looks like he'll play from reports now.

Macca_

Coach
Good start to my head to head goal scoring last night with Van Nistlerooy not scoring. Hopefully Henry can ram home the advantage in his first game with a goal or 2.

Jono Russell

Bench
it is quite funny actully,

20 minuted ago i was looking at centrebets live betting, we were down 1 - 0 with 20 to go, they had australia at 9 / 1 to win and i think about 4 / 1 for goals to be over 2.5, i put it a s amulti and it came up with 33 / 1 i though man ill put a 100 on it for fun, but some how went against it.

aussies have went up 3 - 1 in the end. I could have had a cool 3300 on me now :(

Macca_

Coach
Nah, it wouldn't have taken the bet.

It is a competitor dependancy. ie the win relates to the goals in the game. You could have only put 1 of those in the multi.

Macca_

Coach
Macca_ said:
Had to have this on one of my fav players who has now (to my delight) signed for Arsenal :D

World Cup - Tournament Top Player (Golden Ball) - Winner - ROSICKY, Tomas (Czech Rep) Win 151.00
$5 on for return of $755.00
It's very early days but how is this decided? Is there points awarded each game like the Dally M, Brownlow etc?

I backed Tomas Rosicky and he's just put in a man of the match performance running the midfield and looking brilliant. Scored 2 goals, 1 a contender for best so far in the WC and also cracked the crossbar from 25 yards.

$5 at 151/1 doesn't look that silly after that if he keeps going!

Nuffs

Bench
alright sports fans, the moment you've all been waiting for (and yes a little late)

i've got on:

$20 England to win WC @ $6.00
$5 each Top goalscorers:
Lampard @ $41
Trezeguet @ $31
Pauleta @ $26
Torres @ $26

will look at a couple of smaller multis later on and will put $10 on

Macca_

Coach
I nabbed one over night to continue my winning streak!

$5 bet -
Canberra (1-12) (4.00)
Australia (2.15)
Czech 2-3 Goals (2.25)
Italy/Ghana Under 2.5 (1.55)
$149.95

Macca_

Coach
Got a couple of little multi bets going...

Australia win by 2 or more goals ($4.50) won
Czech/USA only 1 team to score ($2.05) won
Theiry Henry first goal scorer ($4.50)
$5 bet - return of $207.55

Australia win ($2.15) won
Czech to be ahead half and full time ($3.10) won
France win ($1.57)
Spain win ($1.80)
Germany win ($1.60)
$10 bet - return of $301.30

Czech win by 2 or more goals ($3.10) won
France 2-0 ($5.50)
Fernando Torres first goal spa/ukr ($5.50)
$2 bet - return of $187.54

Go the Frenchies!

Tom Shines

First Grade
GROUP WINNERS ($60)
A Germany 1.25
B England
D Portugal
E Italy
F Brazil
H Ukraine
$20 = $650

B England
C Holland
D Mexico
E Czech
G France
$20 = $890

All teams have made a great start... I'm obviously going for the bottom one, but either is looking likely at this stage.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
juggalo_strit said:
Tunisia & Saudi Arabia DRAW
Spain to beat Ukraine
Brazil to beat Croatia
Australia to beat Japan
England to beat Paraguay

$10 @ 31.57

It all comes down to the first 2 games tonight.
C'MON