What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup in RL2

Was thinking with the RL World Cup being staged in 2008 it would be cool to have a WC in the new game.
It could be like the old Shane Warne Cricket where you select a country to host the WC then the games are all played in that country.
What's everyone think?

To be honest there wouldn't be much difference between a WC and the Tri-series I mean England New Zealand and Australia are the only teams that can compete anyway.

-ReyRey-

Juniors
Yeh it would be good but i have to agree with the poster above, there would only be like three teams that you would have any competition with, remember the 2000 World Cup :shock:

Martli

Coach
I reckon with the new international teams, it'd be pretty likely that there will be a competition linking them all.

ByRd

First Grade
Its not all about having the best teams or only NZ, GB, & Aust would be competitive. Having nations like png, france, LEBANON (PLZZZ), usa, tonga, fiji .etc. would make the game more exciting & a challenge if trying to win the world cup with them.

bribiewarrigal

Juniors
Yeah they could really make the game good by talking bits and parts form all different games like a challenge mode like in madden- eg: Defeat Australia with lebanon ect. Ps: World cup would be cool in franchise at the end of one season players go away for tri nations and other years world cups

Gee if we are only going to have Aust, NZ and GB then maybe there should only be five or so NRL teams, because they are the only good ones. Have as many international teams as they can get the rights too I reckon.

Martli

Coach
It is said that there are more international teams in RL2. Basic maths indicates that since GB, NZ and AUS are already in the game, then there will be teams like france, PNG etc.

Paullyboy

Coach
People are forgetting that Wales really pushed Australia in the semi final of the last world cup and led by a fair margin at one stage.

But of course because its rugby league, no one cares, because rugby league cant possibly have an international competition :roll:

Monkey

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
People are forgetting that Wales really pushed Australia in the semi final of the last world cup and led by a fair margin at one stage.

But of course because its rugby league, no one cares, because rugby league cant possibly have an international competition :roll:

True, and ireland with tommy martyn, terry o connor etc pushed england equally as far in Q/finals.

not lookin so bad now is it?