What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Sharks

Tiger Shark

Bench
I’d say there has never been a team come 2nd not have a single aus rep player. We are a long way off
How many would we have had in 2016?

Gal, Holmes maybe? , Fifita would have had his cards marked.

I don’t disagree our squad is just missing that player or two but not sure how many make the squad is how you measure it

Frenzy.

Immortal
How many Sharks players would have even been eligible AND in form for Australia?

Ignoring rookies and Hynes, there's next to nothing to complain about.

Kennedy - nope
Tracey/Ikuvalu - nope. Iku would likely choose Tonga anyway
Ramien - nope
Trindall - nope
Moylan - nope
Finucane/McInnes - nope
Graham/Wilton - nope
Tolman/Rudolf - nope
Brailey - nope

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Agree frenzy. My comment about being way off was my way of saying we don’t have anyone who should be there. I dont even think Nicho should be.

Chimp

Bench
The whole tier 1 thing will be gone soon - I reckon all the origin players who’ve chosen Pacific nations instead of Aus (and Radley for England) have already been advised they can still play Origin, regardless of who they opt to play for internationally.
Samoa and Tonga should batter this England team - England are missing 2 of their best players in Walmsley and Lomax, but even with those 2 in the squad, physically they are nowhere near NRL standard, let alone international.

Inferno

Coach
If Finucane had played SOO I think he'd have been a chance.

Probably the closest IMO.

Marchad

Juniors

I don’t disagree our squad is just missing that player or two but not sure how many make the squad is how you measure it
Fifita jumped ship that year because Meninga is a (a word I probably can’t say here)

DJDL

Bench
He just used the FKL fiasco as a reason.

Goes to show the quality of the man.

I’m quite looking forward to seeing the Kangaroos not win the World Cup on his watch.
Even better if they don’t make the final.

R-15-3

Juniors
I’m actually over league for now. Looking forward to the off season.
100% I’m just waiting to see what’s happening with Wade, if we release anyone early, and ideally 1 more top line signing. Plenty of options and rumours to think we at least have something more to add to the squad.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Bird would have been a chance

James Cox

Juniors
Went to my arch enemy Leeds Rhinos ground (as a Bradford fan!!) to watch the Kiwis smash the Rhinos in a warm up game last night. Me & my mate were the happiest 2 guys in the stadium by far dressed in our Sharks gear!!!

Was awesome to be able to watch Ronnie & Briton live as we don’t get to see many NRL players live over here. Both played great although it was like men against boys for most of the game.

Got tickets for the semi final which should be Aus v NZ so that should be a cracker. Looking at the Kiwi team last night and who was missing, think they have a real chance of winning it.

Special K

Coach
That is awesome James.

Also what is awesome is seeing the boys on Insta getting together, having dinners and exploring as mates. I've seen the tongan, samoan and kiwi boys all meeting up and not sticking to their little bubble.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Amateur hour at the opening ceremony. The only redemption from that debacle would be for the Queen to declare the RLWC22 open somehow.

Latest posts