What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Squads

Clarkent

Juniors
We're not the favourites. Australia are always the favourites. In saying that this years team is good enough to beat them, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. But, to one of your following posts they're good enough to beat Tonga again because despite the excuses put forward they outmatch the vaunted Tongan pack.
The Kiwis did very well in that much. But you've gotta give credit to the Kiwis spine for making it easy for the forward pack to dominate. The Tongan forwards had a few moments in the match but the spine did absolutely nothing to help the forwards. But having senior players like Hopoate and Lolohea will make a huge difference. I think the Kiwis has a chance but your ight kangaroos are always dangerous

England87

Juniors
I disagree with a few selections but hopefully, the first choice 17 looks a little like this.

1 Tomkins
2 Makinson
3 Watkins
4 Farnworth
5 Young
6 Williams
7 Sneyd
13 Radley
12 Bateman
11 Whitehead
10 Burgess
9 Ackers
8 Thompson

14 Welsby
15 Knowles
16 Oledzki
17 Batchelor

Clarkent

Juniors
I disagree with a few selections but hopefully, the first choice 17 looks a little like this.

1 Tomkins
2 Makinson
3 Watkins
4 Farnworth
5 Young
6 Williams
7 Sneyd
13 Radley
12 Bateman
11 Whitehead
10 Burgess
9 Ackers
8 Thompson

14 Welsby
15 Knowles
16 Oledzki
17 Batchelor
From what I've read in the media Watkins has been playing mostly second row for most of the season. If it's true why is he picked as a center? Are the English really that short of players in a deep of player in the SL?

jim_57

Staff member
New Zealand

Nelson Asofa-Solomona (Melbourne Storm), Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne Storm), Kenneath Bromwich (Melbourne Storm), Dylan Brown (Parramatta Eels), James Fisher-Harris (Penrith Panthers), Kieran Foran (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Peta Hiku (North Queensland Cowboys), Jahrome Hughes (Melbourne Storm), Sebastian Kris (Canberra Raiders), Moses Leota (Penrith Panthers), Isaac Liu (Gold Coast Titans), Joseph Manu (Sydney Roosters), Jeremy Marshall-King (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Ronaldo Mulitalo (Cronulla Sharks), Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (Canberra Raiders), Briton Nikora (Cronulla Sharks), Marata Niukore (Parramatta Eels), Isaiah Papali'i (Parramatta Eels), Jordan Rapana (Canberra Raiders), Brandon Smith (Melbourne Storm), Scott Sorensen (Penrith Panthers), Joseph Tapine (Canberra Raiders), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Sydney Roosters), Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Warriors)

jim_57

Staff member
I’d imagine we’d have to see the remainder of squads names today or tomorrow. Australia, Fiji, Tonga, Cook Islands, Wales & PNG remain, 3 of which play warm up games this weekend.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Surely, Nicho wasn’t named in the Australian squad, he should go play for Scotland !
I can’t believe edwards and Nicho didn’t make the Australian team.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
  • Josh Addo-Carr (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
  • Matt Burton* (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
  • Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Parramatta Eels)
  • Patrick Carrigan* (Brisbane Broncos)
  • Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
  • Nathan Cleary* (Penrith Panthers)
  • Lindsay Collins* (Sydney Roosters)
  • Reuben Cotter* (North Queensland Cowboys)
  • Angus Crichton* (Sydney Roosters)
  • Tino Fa'asuamaleaui* (Gold Coast Titans)
  • Campbell Graham* (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  • Harry Grant* (Melbourne Storm)
  • Valentine Holmes (North Queensland Cowboys)
  • Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons)
  • Liam Martin* (Penrith Panthers)
  • Latrell Mitchell (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  • Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm)
  • Cameron Murray, vice captain (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  • Jeremiah Nanai* (North Queensland Cowboys)
  • Murray Taulagi* (North Queensland Cowboys)
  • James Tedesco, captain (Sydney Roosters)
  • Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
  • Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders)
  • Isaah Yeo* (Penrith Panthers)

Standby players​

• Dylan Edwards (Penrith Panthers)
  • Nicho Hynes (Cronulla Sharks)
  • Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
* denotes Kangaroos debutant.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Surely, Nicho wasn’t named in the Australian squad, he should go play for Scotland !
I can’t believe edwards and Nicho didn’t make the Australian team.
Agreed, unbelievable, but Nicho Hynes, Dylan Edwards and Damien Cook are all on standby to cover for injuries/pullouts:

Still a bloody strong squad IMHO but beatable if other teams fire 100% on the day !

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Agreed, unbelievable, but Nicho Hynes, Dylan Edwards and Damien Cook are all on standby to cover for injuries/pullouts:

Still a bloody strong squad IMHO but beatable if other teams fire 100% on the day !
Nicho should go play in the tournament, not miss it

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
He's the f**king DM winner! He can cover any position in the backline!
Ideal 14.
Racism.
Settle down brother race card.

I reckon he should of made the team for sure, the tournament would be heaps better if he can find a way to be named for Scotland

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
L
Liam Martin over Hudson Young or Shaun Lane is a f**king disgrace.

I will never, ever cheer for a team that contains Liam Martin. Hope Australia lose now.

lane didn’t do himself any favours last night, looked slow and off the pace, Hudson is maybe a better player then Martin, tough call

chrisD

Coach
Hunt was the best player in the Origin series and might have been the best regular season NRL player and will deservedly be the 14, if not the full time hooker.

jim_57

Staff member
310461676_130940689698236_1895810635594253986_n.jpg
Source

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Oh wow I didn’t even see that Jake f**king Trbojevic has also made the team ahead of Lane and Young. That’s even worse, because while I really dislike Martin, you can’t deny that he turned up when it mattered in the grand final. Went missing in Origin, but if we want players to be judged on recent form then that’s fair enough.

But f**king Jurbo? The slowest man in the world? The selectors are on crack.

Latest posts