What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worse Dragons Side Ever!

thebigredv

First Grade
Least reliable team I have ever seen. You would not want to go into battle along side any of these players. They are all ready to give up at the drop of a hat. They are the worst and boy have we had some bad teams lately.

Keeping Su'a and Sullivan, maybe Lawrie, and that's about it.

rasaint

Juniors
They warmed into game after a slow start and were competing.

There have been other and worse thrashings this year. Think Storm, cows, sharks, bulldogs off the top of my head.

Ben Hunt just went through the motions last night. I like him as a player but this situation is awful. The crowd were flat. Ben’s situation was a downer and you could sense it from get go. Something really weird has happened since South’s match. Don’t know if it will come out in the wash? Even broncos being mentioned with Ben Hunt.

I have observed previously and last night that / Sloan is a silky runner in space but as an NRL fullback is lacking and a fit Ramsey is better/ Matt Feagai is too slow ( like Zac Lomax who otherwise with some bulking up may be reinvented as a rangy lock), their DLW winger benefited from slow pokes / Jack Bird a shadow of 2016 self and on one leg. Why not Toby Coachman? Sua injured but tried guts out.

Let’s see what happens next week. Funny things can happen.

Warriors had bounce off the ball and 50/50 s last night and good on them, that’s how it pans out sometimes. For what it’s worth I thought Rava got the point of ball on the line immediately before it rocked on corner post for that close bunker call.

There have been other and worse thrashings this year. Think Storm, cows, sharks, bulldogs off the top of my head.

Ben Hunt just went through the motions last night. I like him as a player but this situation is awful. The crowd were flat. Ben’s situation was a downer and you could sense it from get go. Something really weird has happened since South’s match. Don’t know if it will come out in the wash? Even broncos being mentioned with Ben Hunt.

I have observed previously and last night that / Sloan is a silky runner in space but as an NRL fullback is lacking and a fit Ramsey is better/ Matt Feagai is too slow ( like Zac Lomax who otherwise with some bulking up may be reinvented as a rangy lock), their DLW winger benefited from slow pokes / Jack Bird a shadow of 2016 self and on one leg. Why not Toby Coachman? Sua injured but tried guts out.

Warriors had bounce off the ball and 50/50 s last night and good on them, that’s how it pans out sometimes. For what it’s worth I thought Rava got the point of ball on the line immediately before it rocked on corner post for that close bunker call.
I get what you are saying

The Warriors are far better than previous years and we all hoped the side might be able to jag a win.

We were out enthused all game at home.

That’s what made it hurt more for me.

St_Bondi

Juniors
Was a big fan of Sloan’s and felt sorry for him being coached by Hook but his defensive efforts are starting to show that he is not up to it. Sure he is trying to stop bigger bodies at speed but you have to match their size and speed with what you have and make a genuine attempt to stop a try. Also that last play read where he was behind the goal posts and they scored out wide off a kick was dreadful. Rava is hit and miss and Feagai well he needs to be playing reserve grade at best. Most of the time you wouldn’t know Suli was on the field and I forgot he was playing last night until his HIA. The list goes on but basically we are a shit team and I‘m glad Flanno has been given the coaching role but this is years if not a decade of more of pain to come.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I get what you are saying

The Warriors are far better than previous years and we all hoped the side might be able to jag a win.

We were out enthused all game at home.

That’s what made it hurt more for me.
… not sure SF. Many comments posted are around lack of motivation and enthusiasm and see why you’d/ they’d say it, but simply half the squad are not at the First Grade Standard; or meet the basic standards required for their positions; it exposes itself too regularly. Warriors are pretty hot this year. Too good for us most days of the week imo.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
This team does not improve. They just turn up each get week and get smashed.

The forwards plod and have never heard of an offload. They puff out within 15 minutes.
Sloan misses tackles like he has never been coached. Spends half the game clasping at thin air.
The stuttering centres are always easy meat for defence.
The wingers fumble and bumble, come in off their line and allow anyone with speed to go around them like it is park footy.
The captain doesn't want to be there. Throws it this way, throws it that way and earns $50 000 for every meagre bomb he puts up.
The young kids who are the future haven't managed to claim any great wins for this club. How long before we realise they are just Dufty Mach II? Time has not proven to develop their game.

This team is not mine.
I wash my hands of every single player.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
The whole coaching of the team needs to change and concentrate on developing a defensive pattern that this team can implement. At the moment their defence is a shambles. I look back at the "Red V Wall" that Bennet created and wonder how the team could get so far away from those standards. They will never win a game of footy when they concede 48 points. This winger rushing in crap has got to stop!

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

I got the impression they were trying hard at different times but really, the whole side was down. Blame that on the Ben Hunt carry-on, but I also think they've now figured out they really are a shit team. They know they are behind the pace, they know they won't be playing finals, they know their captain is leaving and they're under an interim coach. Apart from a select few, they have no resilience when things go wrong. They just accept it.

People will scoff at this, but I'd be dropping Sloane and replacing him with Mbye. He played alright at fullback in games last year, he's not afraid to tackle, and he may be able to organise the back-line defense and get the wingers being where they should. Fitness might be an issue though. Sloane I don't know what you do with. Wing is no good, they'll just pepper him with bombs that he won't attempt to catch.

Pretty sad when your only suggestion is to bring back Mbye but that's all I've got.

56to66

Juniors
Flanagan took over the Sharks in 2010, they were a shambles like us now, it took him 6 years to win a comp, don't expect instant success, this team needs a complete rebuild from head to toe.
There are coaches that are brought in to bring instant success, like Bennett, but leave the club a mess when they leave, Griffin in hindsight was a true Shit coach, the state of this club is incomprehensible.

Last edited:

SAP58

Juniors
Im not ready to give up on Sloan yet I think his problem is his positional play he is found out of position in both attack & defence. I put that down to lack of proper coaching & hopefully Flanno & his new assistants can fix that. My massive pet hate is our wingers constantly coming in to tackle centres leaving their winger unmarked we let in at least 1-2 tries each week & 3-4 last night. You are coached from a very early age as a winger to stay on your man & let the inside men defend the centres but both our wingers do it constantly & I can only assume the coaches do nothing about it otherwise they would & should be dropped for a basic wingers error. We will not win another game until that is fixed as we cannot make up the points we lose week after week.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Sorry, can't agree with this, although I can understand the sentiment.

There were signs that this game was always going to end badly given the week that just passed. A betting man would have seen the body language in the shed before thr game and loaded up on the Warriors.

In reality. Hunt was a passenger last night. Our 'A' game administrator went missing and you could see that was obvious in his kicks.

Bird, well he was shot, pardon the pun. As some commentators said, no lateral movement.

Sua, copped an injury, but there wasn't a replacement for him, as Carr was caught between a rock and a hard place with Bird playing poorly.

You have to give credit to the Warriors coach for targeting those 2. We were in the game up until Sua's injury.

Once this mess with Hunt is sorted, and imo he departs sooner than later, I believe we will start to turn around. We're up to round 17, so let's look to the future, it never ends well when someone's mind is elsewhere or not not wanting to be there.