What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Defender

Red Bear

Referee
Hunt, Walker and Slater, i would absolutely f**ken hate to have them as my fullback and two wingers.

RABK

Referee
To the idiots posting that Tahu and Gidley are sh!t defenders.......

Just about there defense, effective tackles by percentage.
tahu 84.5% gidley 84.1% compared with some other combo's.
tonga 75.9% Utai 68.9%
harris 79% el masri 80.1%
cross 77.2% hegarty 86.6%
girdler 76.4% lewis 74.7%

i could name at least another 10 combo's with inferior defense statistics. but i think those stats prove the talk about them having shocking defense is bullsh*t.

Iafeta

Referee
Jared27 said:
Brent Webb, Cannot tackle, and I'm a Warriors fan.

Pulling down Willie Mason, Ryan O'Hara and Shane Webcke at full tilt on his own suggests otherwise.

Iafeta

Referee
Roy Bell is a bad defender. Peachey has no ticker when it comes to defence. Mark McLinden was a proverbial speed bump, but could surprisingly pull off some alright tackles. However, when it just wasn't his night, like when Penrith ran home strongly early in 2004, it got pretty ugly for McLinden.

Justin Murphy is a shocking defender also, although in 2002 he pulled off some very important tackles, notably against Scott McLean of Souths at Ericsson, and against Ahmed Bahjouri at Campbelltown on a couple of occassions.

Every dog has his day.

RABK

Referee
Mark Gasnier is an excellent defender. 2nd best in the comp by stats. 1st is Matt Cooper.....go the dragon centres. :clap:

SaintTPP

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
You'd be surprised to know that in 2004, Matt Gidley had the 6th highest tackle efficiency of all centres, and the list has a few wildcards.

The top 6 is:

1. Matt Cooper( 18.7 tackles per game for 1.3 mistackles)
2. Paul Bowman( 18.3 tackles per game for 1.3 mistackles)
3. Mark Gasnier(12.5 tackles per game for 0.9 mistackles)
4. Adam Mogg(20.4 tackles per game for 2.1 mistackles)
4. Jason Bulgarelli(20.4 tackles per game for 2.1 mistackles)
6. Matt Gidley(15.2 tackles per game for 1.6 mistackles)

Some of the worst offenders included Willie Tonga(9.3 tackles per game for 2.0 mistackles) and Luke Lewis(14.0 tackles per game for 3.3 mistackles).
Its nice to know that Saints 2 centres are in the top3, now if they could play some games together......best centre combo in the game.

Booyah

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
Mark Gasnier is an excellent defender. 2nd best in the comp by stats. 1st is Matt Cooper.....go the dragon centres. :clap:

The little ponce is injured so often I'll bet those stats are probably only for the 6 games or so he played this season.

SaintTPP

First Grade
Booyah said:

The little ponce is injured so often I'll bet those stats are probably only for the 6 or so he played this season.
Is someone jealous? Vagana :lol:

Booyah

Bench
Red V said:
Booyah said:

The little ponce is injured so often I'll bet those stats are probably only for the 6 or so he played this season.

Let me see.

Established Kiwi Test Centre, widely recognised as one of the best centres in the game, compared to one of the most injury prone and overrated Centres in the game, widely known for relying on his famous last name to get him plaudits.

Hmm..

RABK

Referee
Booyah said:
Red V said:
Booyah said:

Let me see.

Established Kiwi Test Centre, widely recognised as one of the best centres in the game, compared to one of the most injury prone and overrated Centres in the game, widely known for relying on his famous last name to get him plaudits.

Hmm..

Vagana ppfftttt. Most were saying "Vagana who" this year. He is nothing without Sherwin and Anasta. Gasnier is widely regarded as one of the most talented players in the world. He has the potential to become the games greatest centre. He does have alot of injury problems but when he play.....boy can he play.

Booyah

Bench
He is nothing without Sherwin and Anasta

That may be so, but wait until you see him back with a real play-maker next year. I think things will be very different to last year.

when he play.
When being the Key-Word. I've never met a dumbarse who's fallen out of a car and broken a collarbone. I didn't even know it was possible.

RABK

Referee
That may be so, but wait until you see him back with a real play-maker next year. I think things will be very different to last year.

I do think we'll see the best of nigel under Dykes and Kimmorley.

When being the Key-Word. I've never met a dumbarse who's fallen out of a car and broken a collarbone. I didn't even know it was possible.
:lol: :lol: :lol: It was pretty funny.

Munky

Coach
For the Panthers this year it has to be Daniel Russel, in the three games he played he did more slaps than I have ever seen.

Was absolutely shocking.

Latest posts