Worst experiences/fights at the footy

Discussion in 'NRL' started by The Vaulting Violinist, Jun 8, 2018.

1. sensesmaybenumbed

sensesmaybenumbed Moderator Staff Member

Steel cans then as well. Ouch.

2. Pig Champion

Pig Champion Juniors

I was at Jubilee Oval to see a mate play in the St George A grade GF between Brighton seagulls and I think Renown. Suddenly just near us in the stand it was on between some lebanese Brighton fans and Renown fans, strollers getting tossed, guys jumping across other spectators. Not pretty. It made the front page of the St George and Sutherland Shire Leader.

3. H.H

H.H Juniors

Good thread. Couple of mentions about Como, involved with them and a real good club. Doesn't seem to be too many dickheads these days.

For me, two Roosters Dogs games stand out. 2003 prelim and 2004 at the SFS the next year where they threw all their water bottles on the field as they were getting towelled up. Never felt tension like that at a game - especially that 2003 prelim.

Biggest brawl I saw was the 1986 Test at the SCG between Australia and NZ. Was the first time the Clive Churchill stand was used and a mate's Dad somehow jagged us some tickets. After full-time there was this massive brawl on the hill with every merkin there blind and slipping and sliding all over the joint amongst a hail of punches. Not sure anyone got seriously hurt, but we had a great view and thought it was a top way to end the arvo.

simmo05 likes this.
  4. taxidriver

taxidriver Coach

5. GongPanther

GongPanther Coach

There are some real rum hard bastards in the Penrith district. It is I'll advised in stirring up a hornet's nest.

6. Suitman

Suitman Immortal

Yep, probably.
    Besides however, those watching on Foxsports, and throughout Asia, Europe and North America.

Marshall_magic likes this.
  7. DIOGENES

DIOGENES Juniors

What makes you think they were full of beer?

tripster likes this.
  8. gUt

gUt Coach

Sitting in the Suncorp members section in 2006 a patron somewhere behind me raised his voice in reaction to some exciting action on the field and I think he even stood up but by the time I'd turned around he'd sat back down again and had retrieved his chardonnay.

9. txta2

txta2 Juniors

Being abused by a Stain George supporter with baked beans teeth,a mullet and smoking a ciggie...all while holding onto a toddler and a kids hand.

Someguy likes this.
  10. Someguy

Someguy Juniors

Wet night on central Coast manly vs tigers. Tigers turning in one of the worst first half performances I have seen. Seem to recall benji kicking early in the set and giving up easy possession. We gave up on the game and went into leagues club where the air con was blasting. Wet clothes and cold air con not a good night out

11. Lambretta

Lambretta First Grade

Jolly bad form old bean. Standing in the seating section is oikish enough, but in the members section too!

I hope he had a collar on his shirt

12. gUt

gUt Coach

Once I'd calmed my kids down I pointed him out to security and resumed my reading.

This Year?, SBD82, Hutty1986 and 2 others like this.
  13. Captain Apollo

Captain Apollo First Grade

Was at the Rugby League World Sevens at the SFS in the early-mid 1990s. A wave went around the ground and people were chucking all kinds of stuff into the air as they rose in their seats. I wound up copping half a hamburger on my back, and by a half, it was the lower half with the beef patty and sauce being the side that hit my shirt first.

tripster and DIOGENES like this.
  14. Fangs

Fangs Juniors

I think you were at a Wallabies game, friend.

15. Haffa

Haffa Guest

Every year there is always that one group of 5 Dickhead Broncos fans (usually a few of them are wearing origin jerseys) who sit in the away section and abuse people around them. I hope a few of the merkins in these stories sit next to them one game.

16. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

Only 5?

17. Haffa

Haffa Guest

I was being conservative.

Life's Good likes this.
  18. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

I figure you’re not the hysterical type of bloke given to mass exaggeration.

sensesmaybenumbed likes this.
  19. AJB1102

AJB1102 Bench

Free lunch what are you complaining about merkin?

20. Foz

Foz Bench

I’m guessing you’re referring to being full of other liquid.Lol.

The ones that hit my esky that I picked up weren’t opened but I’m guessing there may have been some filled with other fluids flying about.

I think the whole thing started because the guy at the bottom of the hill stood up to watch the game and was promptly told to sit down.When he turned around and gave them a gob full up the hill there was only going to be one result.

DIOGENES likes this.