What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst game of football ever

Inferno

Coach
Dragon Fanatic said:
I think it may be the fact we are spolied with such a high standard of football in the nrl. Super League is a piece of sh*t, and the game today was just a piss weak, mate there was little to no free flowing movements, there were only one or two hits which I actually cringed at with others being quite soft. Gilmour's try was hardly slice and dice, he ran between two sh*thouse attempts at a tackle, I could have scored that try.

:lol:

In that case Marshall and Inglis don't slice and dice either, they just run between 2 sh*thouse attempts at tackles. :roll:

Blame the conditions, it was raining in Sydney for most of the day wasn't it?

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Drizzle at best. Gilmour ran across field, then ran into a hole where Petro and O'Donnell had miscommunicated. He scored on the back of their sh*t defence rather than his own skill.

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
I hate losing to the poms. But we lost fair and square, no bitterness at all because the fact of the matter is we played sh*thouse, the game was sh*thouse and the Kiwis would have pumped both teams into oblivion if they had played either tonight. It was one of the worst games of Rugby League in recent memory, quality was very very poor.

Ari Gold

Bench
Dragon Fanatic said:
I hate losing to the poms. But we lost fair and square, no bitterness at all because the fact of the matter is we played sh*thouse, the game was sh*thouse and the Kiwis would have pumped both teams into oblivion if they had played either tonight. It was one of the worst games of Rugby League in recent memory, quality was very very poor.

Title of this thread: Worst game of football ever

You lost your credibility even before you started your post. Please STFU, you're just making a fool of yourself.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
Drizzle at best. Gilmour ran across field, then ran into a hole where Petro and O'Donnell had miscommunicated. He scored on the back of their sh*t defence rather than his own skill.

Why don't we be positive for once and credit it to the angle of the run from Gilmour and the deception in the body language from Pryce. The line followed Pryce to the right, so all the players were heading diagonally to the left touchline, Pryce sweeps it behind him to Gilly heading directly opposite to the line the defense was taking. Anyone who's played the game will know its impossible to then step off the right foot with any power as the body weight is on the left foot and the momentum is going left, meaning Gilmour was through before they could change direction.

Classy try, as was the clincher.

willvillain

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
the Kiwis would have pumped both teams into oblivion if they had played either tonight

Kiwis would've had no chance tonight. Didn't you hear that Fein was suspended?

But yeah. Sh*t game. Poms should've won by a lot more. They looked clueless in the first half (where they should've led by heaps), and a lot better in the second half (where they did well to extend their lead). Ricky Stuart needs to do a lot of thinking, because he dropped the ball tonight a lot more than anyone on the field did.

Hannibal Machin

Juniors
Never been on here before, and I honestly didn't believe people when they told me that it was inhabitied by the most ignorant bunch of d!ckheads the world has ever seen.

Guess what? I believe them now.

You bunch of sore losing, arrogant tossbags.

Suck my sack.

:D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dragon Fanatic said:
call a spade a spade
Sure...
You don't know what you're talking about.
And you're embarassing yourself.

Oh, and you're entitled to your opinion. That being your only hope of redemption.

Mal Meninga

Bench
The loss in Melbourne 15 years ago was tough because their were two teams who were geniune about international league, this one is just a shrug it off sort of deal because the Kangaroos in recent times are just flat and uninterested.

Hannibal Machin

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
The loss in Melbourne 15 years ago was tough because their were two teams who were geniune about international league, this one is just a shrug it off sort of deal because the Kangaroos in recent times are just flat and uninterested.

Yeah, I agree, Australia have no pride, and that must hurt the "Fans".

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I wouldnt say it was the worst game of football, I thought it was quite good, but in terms of mistakes it was pretty poor, but thats wet weather football for you.

Im gutted after that loss, but at the same time it feels good. Years ago I probably wouldve been shocked and said oh well its good for the game to see them lose, but with International football improving, shows how passionate I am of the Kangaroos knowing any test match is tough.

Hope it improves in Brisbane

Geoggy

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
I think it may be the fact we are spolied with such a high standard of football in the nrl. Super League is a piece of sh*t, and the game today was just a piss weak, mate there was little to no free flowing movements, there were only one or two hits which I actually cringed at with others being quite soft. Gilmour's try was hardly slice and dice, he ran between two sh*thouse attempts at a tackle, I could have scored that try.

and you call us whinging poms!

why can't a nation of sports fanatic people take a loss gracefully. it is one of the characteristics I hate about the aussies.

You lose = "sh*t game" :roll:
You lose = "i prefer the NRL" :lol:
You lose in the WCC = "its a nothing game" :crazy:

Pathetic - and I love it!!!!! :p

fourplay

Juniors
I was at the game and it had an awsome atmosphere. I was going for GB so even sweeter !! :D It looked real tense and a graet game from where I was.. English fans are loud and don't stop singing lol.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I enjoyed the game immensely, particularly because Willie Mason didn't get the last laugh. It was better entertainment than games two and three of the season, easily, and the win keeps the series interesting.

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
Geoggy said:
and you call us whinging poms!

why can't a nation of sports fanatic people take a loss gracefully. it is one of the characteristics I hate about the aussies.

You lose = "sh*t game" :roll:
You lose = "i prefer the NRL" :lol:
You lose in the WCC = "its a nothing game" :crazy:

Pathetic - and I love it!!!!! :p

DON'T FORGET THE OTHER EXCUSES

YOU LOSE = THE REF WAS CRAP
YOU LOSE = OUR TEAM WAS UNDER STRENGTH
YOU LOSE = THE CONDITIONS
YOU LOSE = OUR COACH IS CRAP
YOU LOSE = WE LOST DELIBERATELY (MY FAVOURITE!) :lol:

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:

HA, HA, MORE bullsh*t EXCUSES! DID YOU SEE THE FACES OF THE AUSSIE PLAYERS NEAR THE END...UNINTERESTED?????? THEY WERE TOTALLY GUTTED. PATHETIC AND VERY ENTERTAINING A USUAL :lol: