What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst game of football ever

Jeffles

Bench
With the Christchurch match so fresh in our minds I am surprised that ANYONE was so quick to call last night's fixture the worst game ever. It wasn't even the worst Test of the past 8 days.

I for one enjoyed the Test. It was an amazing physical and mental duel.

St.John

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
My condolences.

That shouldn't be afflicted upon anyone.

I'll have two pints of Guinness and a packet of dry roasted nuts, please.

That seems to be a common greeting from poms to your fellow Australians, I hope it makes you feel at home.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dragon Fanatic said:
Carlnz ripped me hard with stats i'll concede.
Well done. Shame you couldn't manage it before digging deeper.

Dragon Fanatic said:
You implied that because the Lions won it was good for the game, not because it was closely contested.
Now you're putting words into my mouth. lol... you really should cut your losses.

This is what I said, and I'll say it again... try and read it this time:
It goes without saying that the closer the big three (that's GB, NA and Aust in case you're wondering) get on the football field, the better it will be for the international game.
Its not rocket science.
I believe a close competition is a good competition... got it yet?
And from that standpoint the result is good for the game - that being the bit you've latched onto and completely misinterpreted.

Try and look at the entire Test match arena and not this single game, and you may be able to comprehend my meaning.

Dragon Fanatic said:
The quality was poor please concede that because that my friends is fact.
LOL! @ the 'buddy' and 'friends' stuff.

Its a bit hard to concede when you've got nothing. Your notion of 'fact' has already been discredited.

It was good game, a tense encounter with some entertaining plays. The poms were deserving winners and finished the stronger of the two teams.

If you want to be miserable about it, that's your problem.

deluded pom?

Coach
Face FACTS Willow, the Poms brought the Aussies down to their level (and brought specially imported weather with them) , A level that EVERYONE Knows is totally $hite.

Ricardihno

Juniors
As an Aussie supporter..I hated the loss...but mad respect to GB for givin us a lesson..they outplayed us and took their opportunities...and they did it away from home which would give them a great confidence boost.
I really enjoyed the game...my head went down when Raynor scored the matchwinning score.
I loved Mason's crack to the head of Fielden..they talked Fielden up to be nutso pre-game...but got dropped like a sack a sh*te haha.

Gonna be great in Brisvegas in 2 weeks!

panthersballboy

Juniors
I was at the game and the atmosphere was great even with the wet weather. The crowd was a bit dissapointing but I guess the weather affected a lot of the walk up crowd. Sure there were a lot of mistakes but it was a close, intense battle. GB were definitely the better team on the day. The GB fans also deserve a lot of credit as they got right into the friendly banter and where singing the whole game. No fights just good friendly ribbing of each other.

nadera78

Juniors
Over on totalrl an Aussie fan was saying a group of locals attacked some British fans during the game and then afterwards a group of blokes decided it would be fun to surround a woman wearing a GB shirt and start screaming at her about shagging her up the arse.

Hope it was a one off and not a regular thing, one of the things I love most about RL is that the action is all confined to the pitch and when the game is done we can all have a pint and a laugh. We don't need this sort of thing to become the norm.

JK

I loved the game, and I loved the atmosphere.

If anyone noticed a guy wearing a Wales Rugby League jersey getting called a porkchop by the police while handing out a warning - that was me. <Sigh> I was only spreading some cheer!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
nadera78 said:
Over on totalrl an Aussie fan was saying a group of locals attacked some British fans during the game and then afterwards a group of blokes decided it would be fun to surround a woman wearing a GB shirt and start screaming at her about shagging her up the arse.

Hope it was a one off and not a regular thing, one of the things I love most about RL is that the action is all confined to the pitch and when the game is done we can all have a pint and a laugh. We don't need this sort of thing to become the norm.
You seem sold on it but hopefully its just a rubbish rumour. Or as is the often the case, blown way out of proportion.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
St.John said:
I'll have two pints of Guinness and a packet of dry roasted nuts, please.

That seems to be a common greeting from poms to your fellow Australians, I hope it makes you feel at home.

When I was in the UK circa 1998, I was never greeted like that.

It was more along the lines of "You have an MCSE ? I've never seen one of those before, thank you and fellow Aussies for bringing us out of the stone age".

St.John

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
When I was in the UK circa 1998, I was never greeted like that.

You failed to land a bar job? Wow, that's unfortunate for you. Although I must admit, I'm surprised as I didn't think it was possible for anyone to fail an interview for that particular line of work.

It was more along the lines of "You have an MCSE ? I've never seen one of those before, thank you and fellow Aussies for bringing us out of the stone age".

MCSE? :lol:

Kurt: "Look! I'm bragging that I can change the settings in Outlook on the internet!"