What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Kangaroos team

chigurh

I'm guessing Kaufusi played for Australia before he did his knee?

I rated him pretty highly before that injury lol

nick87

Coach
He was a very good player when he was selected for the Roos

Yeah i always find myself thinking "But what did people say at the time?" when these threads come up
Its easy to say in hindsight that their careers nose dived but at the time for the most part the guys selected were at least coming off excellent seasons/runs of form

I mean anthony tupou was suggested earlier. His back half career has been very ordinary but lets not forget he was one of the most destructive edge players in the game when he was at his peak.

Kaufusi was never a superstar and was probably selected a little before his time. But it wasnt like LU was howling with laughter at his selection. He was a genuinely excellent player in those days.

Barkley

Bench
images

Chris Lawrence and George Rose say hi!

Pretty sure George didn't actually get a game though. Anything more than acting like a tackle bag is out of his league.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Rodney Howe

Depends on whether that was based on ability or his shady past. He was a monster in those couple of seasons he played rep. Now we know why.

I went to school with him. Decent honest fella and played Aust Schoolboys so he had some pedigree. But very easily influenced.........

Pedge1971

First Grade
Disappointed it took 15 posts for him to be mentioned. He's got to be the worst selection Australia have ever made.

Drawing a long bow mate. Premature, yes. Worst ever os a big call when the kid is only 19 and was only 17 when they threw hom a jersey. To be fair if the guys who should have been selected made themselves available he would never have got near it.

Canard

Immortal
Paul Hauff had a shocker on debut, but he was Changa compared to Brad Godden.

Godden wasn't even a decent first grade player let alone International.

nick87

Coach
Disappointed it took 15 posts for him to be mentioned. He's got to be the worst selection Australia have ever made.

That's a good selection for this thread because he has no business playing that level at the time and still doesn't

Even if he turns his career around and ends up a star player for the next 10 years it won't change that at the time of his selection and years after he was, to be honest, pretty shit

Clifferd

Coach
images

Chris Lawrence and George Rose say hi!

Pretty sure George didn't actually get a game though. Anything more than acting like a tackle bag is out of his league.

At the time Lawrence was probably in the form of his life
And one of the best centres in the NRL. all before his hip dislocation, hardly a joke selection

Emu01

Juniors
Phil Daley got a run for a Australia in the mid eighties. He played for Manly and his old man was an official with the NSW Rugby league at the time.

It was one of the worst selections for Australia of all time. Average at best. I think he even played origin as well.

Latest posts