What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Knight line up

strewth_mate

Bench
Best Craig Hall memory - length of the field vs. Broncos in Brissie

sure could motor for a nugget!

I always get this memory mixed up but one time I seem to remember him chasing down Slater (?) and knocking himself out in the process.

I liked Hall, some of the things he did showed a bit of natural intuition but as mentioned he was just a few years too late and underdone.

Nuffy

Bench
Can I add:

Reynoldson - Rep money - pub team ability.

Tighe - because when he was last signed, he was trumpeted as the next Tahu..........nothing could be further from the truth.

Johns Magic

Referee
strewth_mate said:
I always get this memory mixed up but one time I seem to remember him chasing down Slater (?) and knocking himself out in the process.

It was Matt King.

We were losing by 40 or so and King made a break, and Hall chased for about 50 metres then dived, fully outstretched, and copped King's studs straight in his forehead. King fell over from the impact, and ended up about 2 metres from the tryline. Hall got concussed and had to be taken from the field.

keeney

First Grade
Hall was a poor mans Utai, but I liked him most out of our duds, he was quick, strong and did the hard work. My favourite memory for him (only one that was that special) was Broncos 04. 2 tries, One phenomenal put down, One from halfway.

Frederick

Staff member
Just thinking about that game gives me shivers down my spine...apart from our grand final victories, I rate that probably the best Knights game I've seen. So many memorable moments in it...
Bedsy's cut out pass for Halls first try, and Halls acrobatics in getting the ball down just inside the touch line
Thinking "oh f**k" when Kennedy left the field early injured
Hall's 50 metre effort
Bedsy's try to level the match
The length of the field movement that ended with Steve Witt losing the ball in the tackle 1 metre out from the line
Parso's charge-down of the field goal attempt
Webcke running it on the last play in normal time and almost barging his way over from 20 metres out.
Then of course, Kidley's field goal 3 minutes into golden point

God I really wish I could watch that match again :(

Serc

First Grade
Well I have that 04 game right here on my hard drive Freddo :D The pass from Buderus to Hall was an absolute smoker...think of the one that Wooly did from dummy half earlier this year but even better! (from the same spot on the field too)

I also have the 01 Johns comeback game against the Broncos and the 03 retro jersey game at the reopening of Suncorp. You can tell I needed some good memories after the finals last year :(

Should send a few down a DVD or something eh *wink wink*

Frederick

Staff member
I've got the game on my Xbox's hard drive, along with all our wins from 05 and 06 (plus countless tv shows and movies), but my damn xbox is out of commission and I have no way of getting all that stuff off the hard drive :(

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
antonius said:
That was the game v Cronulla, I went to that game, Rudder was one of the best on field.

I was at the game too and have watched the video of that game half a dozen times also. He did a kick that many people on the forum say was good, but that's because rudder did how many try assists off kicks in 3 years? Yes I agree, it was VERY good for sean rudder. The 2001 game he played well, in the semi he played one of his better games but he wasn't close to players like Johns, Kennedy, Parsons, buderus and o'brian in that game.

All I know is that I have been saying rudder was useless since he moved to 5/8 for the knights in 2001. If he was the player a minority say he is, then i'm sure he wouldn't be in japan playing union....

also I forgot evan cochrane. That bloke was beyond hopeless in the number of games he played in 97.

perverse

Referee
rudds was a very run of the mill first grader who stood up when it counted. i always respected him greatly for that.

poor mans kurt gidley really.

chinorocks

Juniors
No way was Craig Hall worse than Neil Sweeney who nobody has mentioned. The guy that dropped an uncontested ball at chest hight with a minute to go against the Dogs in 2002. Dogs score from the scrum and Hazem kicks that f*cking goal to win it for them. Never forgave Sweeney for that one.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
chinorocks said:
No way was Craig Hall worse than Neil Sweeney who nobody has mentioned. The guy that dropped an uncontested ball at chest hight with a minute to go against the Dogs in 2002. Dogs score from the scrum and Hazem kicks that f*cking goal to win it for them. Never forgave Sweeney for that one.

He dropped that sitter right in front of me that game. From memory he caught the ball then took one or 2 steps and then he dropped it. I could be wrong though as I refuse to watch the replay of the game!

Hanscholo

Bench
1. Mick Young/ Daniel Abraham ( yes abes was a terrible fullback )
2. Greg Smith
3. Nathan Barnes
4. Brian Quinton
5. Darei Kovai
6. Robbie Tew
7. Steven Walters
8. Adrain Shelford
9. Max Chapman
10. James Goulding
11. Sam Stewart.
12. David Boyd.
13. Riley Brown

Tough choice of backrowers, imo we really havent had that many poor quality back rowers in 20 years.

Thinking back i can only remember a very few players that were so clearly either un-talented, lazy or just plain wrong for the game they were being asked to play. So thats a good sign for the team as a whole:

Adrian Shelford came to Newcastle with huge wraps, kiwi international, wigan player etc etc. Got here and was fkn useless. He was so far out of his depth that it was embaressing to watch him play.

Sean Rudder, while talented was the poorest ruck player i have seen in my entire life. His lack of attention and effort around the ruck was infuriating to watch.

Robbie Tew. I cant really remember this guy other than his goal kicking which from memory was absolutely nightmarish. I can recall a couple of misses from right in front.

Nathan Barnes, never developed into a first grade footballer.

Greg Smith...lol.

Chapman wasnt a bad hooker imo, is probably in there because we have had so many really good ones its hard to pick a bad one out. His ability to give away penalties in the worst possible moments was why i picked him.

Boyd, terrible discipline from an otherwise good player.

Stewart, and insprirational leader but had an enormous handling problem as im sure you will recall.

Latest posts