What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Knight line up

Who was that player who came from the early gold coast team around the time of boyd n mccormack?...actually i liked glen miller ..he was a tough bastard!...and...i reallly dont think lookin back at rudder that he was as bad as first thought..he did throw some good passes..just got stuffed around off the bench and trying to play in forwards..he also had some shockers..

macavity

Referee
Hall was very gutsy - an extra 3-4 inches, and a few years more in a system before he hit first grade, and he could have been quality.

as it was he was too raw, too old, and too short.

Ben

Bench
I don't think Hall was that bad, surely not as bad as the other wingers that have been mentioned.

He did score that match winning try when Bedsy threw that cut-out pass, added a bit of a ninja roll after it. Though i can't remember who we played in that game.

macavity

Referee
Best Craig Hall memory - length of the field vs. Broncos in Brissie

sure could motor for a nugget!

Spike

First Grade
Holla if ya hear me said:
Who was that player who came from the early gold coast team around the time of boyd n mccormack?...actually i liked glen miller ..he was a tough bastard!...and...i reallly dont think lookin back at rudder that he was as bad as first thought..he did throw some good passes..just got stuffed around off the bench and trying to play in forwards..he also had some shockers..

The only player that I'm aware of that came to us via the Gold Coast was Andrew Hodge but that would have been 10 years after Boyd.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
This is a good thread but I would have liked the thread to be about players that held the team back for more than a handful of games.

Honourable mention for their regular poor performances need to go to:

Tanner - played 80 odd games and in about 75 of them he was dominated.

Rudder - played 3 years at 5/8 and played about 3 or 4 decent games. A 5/8 that gets one MOM against a struggling wests tigers team doesn't get much respect from me. Where is rudder now? Has his true ability finally caught up with him?

Grogen - played many games for the knights over a number of seasons and continually handled the ball as though it was a hot brick!

These 3 are the main stand outs for me!

Spike

First Grade
Bring it home Knights said:
Rudder - played 3 years at 5/8 and played about 3 or 4 decent games. A 5/8 that gets one MOM against a struggling wests tigers team doesn't get much respect from me. Where is rudder now? Has his true ability finally caught up with him?

Last I heard he was playing union for Southern Districts in the Sydney comp. They ran dead last I think. He got punted from Castleford after being discovered as a fraud. The supporters absolutely gave it to him and basically ran him out of town. I think he played a few games for a French side too before again getting punted.

keeney

First Grade
They post a minute apart on Knights forums? Thats a pretty specific yard stick Bushy.

roopy

Referee
I didn't mind Hall either - just put him in because i was struggling to fill the backline and had blocked Josh Smith completely from my memory.
I suppose Trent Salkeld was another who was a 'battler' under Hagan. Possibly the only winger ever to not shine next to Matt Gidley.

RABK

Referee
I bought that new Knights GF DVD double pack the other day and watched the 2001 grand final.

Rudder was outstanding in that GF - two try assists and two outstanding try saving tackles.

Glad he saved the game of his life for that game. Oh and does anyone else cry when they watch that GF and think back on those days of bliss with that team we had... ? :(

Johns Magic

Referee
RABK said:
Oh and does anyone else cry when they watch that GF and think back on those days of bliss with that team we had... ? :(

Hmmm, only ones I could think of might be Astrogirl or Garden Fairy, but I doubt they would.