What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst movie remake?

Seeing hollowood is obsessed lately with remaking old movies and tv shows i thought i'd ask for your worst remakes ever!

I'll lead off with the new Thunderbirds, great new ships but the story is utter shite dumbed down for the kiddie audience. Lost in Space also sucked arse big time and i have extreme reservations about the new Bewitched movie...
(the 'hollowood' above is actually a spelling mistake but it fits, doesn't it!)

Samwise

Bench
Planet of the Apes, Lolita (Melanie Griffith), Thunderbirds (the whole appeal of that show was the puppets), Also a little hesitant about Charlie and the chocolate factory

JoeD

First Grade
A prediction for a frontrunner in the category: King Kong. Loved LOTR and admire Jackson, but I can't see how he's going to live up to the hype.

weasel

First Grade
The new Planet of the Apes was so shockingly bad I left the drive-in blubbering like a two year old.

nöyd

Staff member
Although I haven't seen it (and won't) I hear the remake of Psycho is absolute dog dribble :-& :sleeper: ](*,)

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Thunderbirds (the whole appeal of that show was the puppets),

yes!!! they totally ruined it by making them real people. I havn't seen the movie, but i didnt want to after seeing the short for it.

Carrie was another movie which original totally kicked bum!!!!

LESStar58

Referee
I think ppl bagging the Texas Chainsaw remake is a bit harsh...yes the first one was not so much scary as it was creepy but the remake had a llot more genuine scares in it than the original for mine....that and the site of Jessica Biel's nipples popping ot of her singlet made it good viewing :mrgreen: !

Forum Idiot

Bench
psycho would have to be considered the most pointless and unnecessary remake ever. the movie did absolutely nothing in any way. whos idea was that shit? they should publicly apologise.

you cant really call planet of the apes a bad remake because it is completely different to the original. burton called it a "re-imagining". the movie is a piece of shit all on its own though.

other ppor remakes would have to be "mr. deeds". compared to frank capra's original it is absolute garbage.

the "get carter" remake starring sly stallone was farcical too and while we're on michael caine's legacy being pissed on - the new "alfie" is trash.

JamesWebster's#1fan said:

yes!!! they totally ruined it by making them real people. I havn't seen the movie, but i didnt want to after seeing the short for it.
I don't think having real people instead of puppets ruined it, i think a few of the actors gave good performances but the story is so obviously aimed at a young audience it is like watching an old disney movie. For example, the adult traceys are stranded in the space station while baddies invade the island leaving the kids to fight them off and in one scene they avoid capture by that old kiddie movie cliche: the convenently placed giant beehive

There was already a bad King Kong remake in the late 70s, with Jessica Lange (who went on to become a great actress) in the Fay Wray role. It was made by Dino De Laurentis.

I caught part of the Carrie remake on tv - what a pointless idea when the original was so well-done, and isn't dated much at all.

The EELiminator said:
JamesWebster's#1fan said:

I don't think having real people instead of puppets ruined it, i think a few of the actors gave good performances but the story is so obviously aimed at a young audience it is like watching an old disney movie. For example, the adult traceys are stranded in the space station while baddies invade the island leaving the kids to fight them off and in one scene they avoid capture by that old kiddie movie cliche: the convenently placed giant beehive

Anthony Edwards. What the hell was he thinking? Having said that, my kids loved it. The special effects for their rockets was pretty good though.

As for the worst re-make, Gigli was a shocker. Regularly appears on lists of the worst movies ever made.

Latest posts