What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst NRL coach of all time

Rip off from the other thread between Smith and Brown.

From my 10 years of watching leaugue, easily would have to be Paul Langmack. He was a reflection of Souths management at the time that he lost the 2 trial games and they claimed he was the next messiah and signed him for a three year deal. I still laugh at that.

Who in everyones oppinion and why was the worst of the worst.

EDIT: Spelling.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Baron Vo Mandor said:
Rip off from the other thread between Smith and Brown.

From my 10 years of watching leaugue, easily would have to be Paul Langmac. He was a reflection of Souths management at the time that he lost the 2 trial games and they claimed he was the next messiah and signed him for a three year deal. I still laugh at that.

Who in everyones oppinion and why was the worst of the worst.

I think the story was that he was defensive coach in the trials when they got flogged by 50. The board wanted to make Phil Blake coach but he didn’t have the proper certification so Yesterday’s Hero won it by default…

yobbo84

Coach
Let's see.... 15% win record, constantly late to training, no respect from players, poked fingers in player's bums... hands down Langmack.

rover

Juniors
What about Tommy Raudonikis? I think his coaching career with Wests just makes it into the NRL. The guy is a legend no doubt, but as a coach.... "if we don't have a gameplan how can anyone guess it?"...not my definition of genius. Won about half dozen games in his final 2 years. Also head hunted Leo Dynevor.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Its hard to argue that the coaches that Souths had in the late 90's were sh!t - the team was sh!t, so no matter how good the coach is/was - they club was still gonna struggle.

Latest posts