What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst NRL coach of all time

Eddie.

Bench
Lamb and Langmack.

We had to endure this dream team of clowns back in 2002.

Both were extremely unprofessional and a disgrace on the club.

Utter imbeciles who should not be allowed in Balmain leagues club.

Alan Jones and whoever came up with his policy that if the players are injured they don't have to do fitness training.

Baron Vo Mandor said:
Rip off from the other thread between Smith and Brown.

From my 10 years of watching leaugue, easily would have to be Paul Langmack. He was a reflection of Souths management at the time that he lost the 2 trial games and they claimed he was the next messiah and signed him for a three year deal. I still laugh at that.

Who in everyones oppinion and why was the worst of the worst.

EDIT: Spelling.

agreed

close second alan jones

hot frost

Juniors
I read a Greg Florimo interview once, where he said that Peter Louis was pretty ordinary.

He said it was a tight knit group of players that made them get to the semis most years, but it was the coach's lack of talent that made them lose the big games. :?

Paul Langmack has to be the worst I've seen.

Special K

Coach
stuart raper. nobody can tell me otherwise.

"we don't want to set goals just in case we don't reach them and become disappointed"

Iafeta

Referee
On Tony Kemp; 2004 you can't judge Kemp on that. Not even God himself would have turned that club around that year. They were gone by the time Anderson left. Anderson knew the ship was sunk and got off with his head barely above water.

The season after, I think the Warriors finished 10th. Not a bad turn around. KPI's such as completion rates definitely improved under Kemp. He finished at 35% win rate, including 2004 where he had no chance. Cleary his successor is at 48% pre the Parramatta match (so obviously a couple of percent lower). Given the way morale was at the club, I think Kemp's record is fair to average and he probably will never get the credit he deserves for stopping what could have been a bigger catostrophe than it was. Certainly the likes of Steve Price praised Tony's influence.

Not saying he was a coaching martyr or genius, but it was a perilious situation he found himself in, it was a reasonable effort. His previous record in the UK was very good prior to joining the Warriors as Anderson's assistant coach.

Craig Coleman and probably owns the best call saying "Willie Peters is the next Peter Sterling". 2nd best call is Artie Beetson saying that Sam Obst will be better than Alfie Langer LMAO.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
When did Terry Lamb coach FG?

Langmack was a disgrace to the club, so I'd say him.

I've aslo heard the stories about Peter Louis though. He was clueless apparently.

Iafeta

Referee
He was Wests Tigers coach mate. IIRC Tigers were running first under him at one stage, early in 2000????

Mr Saab

Referee
No, that was Wayne Pearce in 2000 Iafeta.
Lamb was 2001/2.
Infamous fingers in the bum from Hoppa era.

Iafeta

Referee
Goodness, I forgot. Mr Generalisations Junior Pearce to Terry Lamb, how could it get any worse? Thank christ for Timmy Sheens!

Imagine Pearce's pre match ramble "WE all know they're big and slow, run them around up the middle, keep up because they'll throw Michael Jordan passes all night long, and just keep on the referee they're good for a few head highs when frustrated."