What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

worst origin game for a while?

how did you rate origin 1

• good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • average

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bengal

Juniors
In general I do not like the way the game is played these days, tries are to easy to come by, this being a result of ultra quick play the balls rather than brilliant attack or shoddy defence.

I enjoy close contests just as much if not more than try fests however Origin One was close only because both sides lacked quality attacking options. This differs from days gone by when games were close because quality defence subdued quality attack not because quality defence lapped up sub-standard attack, which is how I see Game One as being. In boxing terms its like two prize fighters jabbing each other all night, both either unable or unwilling to throw a knockout blow. In Queensland’s defence they’ve been classic counter punchers for years i.e. they’ve lacked quality halves, yet they have taken good advantage of any crumbs (mistakes) thrown to them by the Blues through the years.

This was Queensland B against New South Wales C and it showed and even though it was a close game, closeness shouldn’t be used as a reason for it being a great game especially since it pales in comparison to close Origin matches of days gone by.

My point is I’ve heard (and read) people talk this game up like it was some kind of classic, this is a view I find hard to fathom.

Macca

Coach
5. QLD dont seem to be nearly as hard to beat as they once were.

NSW couldn't beat them in the first 80 minutes. That hasn't happened a whole lot. You wanna re think that?

Bengal said:
In general I do not like the way the game is played these days, tries are to easy to come by, this being a result of ultra quick play the balls rather than brilliant attack or shoddy defence.

I enjoy close contests just as much if not more than try fests however Origin One was close only because both sides lacked quality attacking options. This differs from days gone by when games were close because quality defence subdued quality attack not because quality defence lapped up sub-standard attack, which is how I see Game One as being. In boxing terms its like two prize fighters jabbing each other all night, both either unable or unwilling to throw a knockout blow. In Queensland’s defence they’ve been classic counter punchers for years i.e. they’ve lacked quality halves, yet they have taken good advantage of any crumbs (mistakes) thrown to them by the Blues through the years.

This was Queensland B against New South Wales C and it showed and even though it was a close game, closeness shouldn’t be used as a reason for it being a great game especially since it pales in comparison to close Origin matches of days gone by.

My point is I’ve heard (and read) people talk this game up like it was some kind of classic, this is a view I find hard to fathom.

So true it's not funny.

I love tight, low scoring games, but SOO1 was a boring, sub-standard match. Zero attacking plays, no support players, no backline moves, very few moments of individual flair. Things can only get better.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
The game sucked,i wish they would put that kind of promotion behind international games,now that real footy.