What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Parra team ever?

Stagger eel

Staff member

Stagger eel

Staff member
But, but, but .......... isn`t that what Stephen Kearney was hired for?

put it this way, If Kearney did a proper job in cleaning this club out this club than he wouldn't of lasted a year, because no one in their right mind would of copped 2 of the clubs greatest icons being shown the door, any coach taking this job on was going to sign a death knell on their career.

cv8z

Juniors
put it this way, If Kearney did a proper job in cleaning this club out this club than he wouldn't of lasted a year, because no one in their right mind would of copped 2 of the clubs greatest icons being shown the door, any coach taking this job on was going to sign a death knell on their career.
Damned if you do and damned if you don't

Ron Jeremy

Coach
We won the spoon 8 out of 10 seasons back in the 50's, so I'm guessing not

im talking about everything from pissing of players, retention, the calibre of players we currently have, he's the worst. I have said this before, on paper we are potentiaaaly a top 5-8 side, we r dead last, he's the worst

Ron Jeremy

Coach

Burt and hindy are the least of the problems at the moment. Im more worried about the coaching aspect which is quite hideous.

True EEL

Bench
But, but, but .......... isn`t that what Stephen Kearney was hired for?

Exactly. SK was hired (supposedly) to cleanout the club, get his own roster, introduce winning structures and processes and of course to change the culture of the club.

Well, so far at least by this season, he has pretty much got his own roster, either by recruitment, releases, sackings and non-selections and that's about it. The culture and performances have only changed from erratic and inconsistent to bi-polar level erratic, terribly inconsistent and downright depressing :(

True EEL

Bench
I was also only thinking the other day that SK's stint as head coach reminds me a lot of Ronny Hilditch's horror efforts with a young and poor team in the mid 90's as coach and the coaching success list that was put up earlier in this thread has confirmed that....except of course that SK's efforts thus far are about 10% below Ronny's success rate....wow

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I was also only thinking the other day that SK's stint as head coach reminds me a lot of Ronny Hilditch's horror efforts with a young and poor team in the mid 90's as coach and the coaching success list that was put up earlier in this thread has confirmed that....except of course that SK's efforts thus far are about 10% below Ronny's success rate....wow

yep, and im quite saw ronny had a plan in place too lol

and some people want to retain him lol

Kornstar

Coach

If he got rid of Hayne and Hindy, who cares? If that is what he saw fit to do, then so be it!

Sure there would have been a lot of outrage but if they truly are the problem, your results aftert that would speak for itself.

Just out of curiosity, who wouldn't have copped it? If the board cared about what we thought, Kearney would be gone already!

If you knew you weren't allowed to truly get what you wanted (even though we have been told he has complete control) why would you take the job as a rookie? Hs career is over if he continues this way........

Stagger eel

Staff member
If he got rid of Hayne and Hindy, who cares? If that is what he saw fit to do, then so be it!........

are you serious???? :?....not that I don't disagree with you, but it would of been political and career suicide, in hindsight..it doesn't really matter now, but can you imagine the uproar if it happened???

Sure there would have been a lot of outrage but if they truly are the problem, your results aftert that would speak for itself.

Just out of curiosity, who wouldn't have copped it? If the board cared about what we thought, Kearney would be gone already!

If you knew you weren't allowed to truly get what you wanted (even though we have been told he has complete control) why would you take the job as a rookie? Hs career is over if he continues this way........[/QUOTE]

good question..at the end of the day it's still a prestigious gig for any budding coach but if SK looked back now he probably should of seen what else was out there...

cv8z

Juniors
If he got rid of Hayne and Hindy, who cares? If that is what he saw fit to do, then so be it!

If you knew you weren't allowed to truly get what you wanted (even though we have been told he has complete control) why would you take the job as a rookie? Hs career is over if he continues this way........

Look at the outcry when burt got dropped and he's no icon

Kornstar

Coach
are you serious???? :?....not that I don't disagree with you, but it would of been political and career suicide, in hindsight..it doesn't really matter now, but can you imagine the uproar if it happened???

If you knew you weren't allowed to truly get what you wanted (even though we have been told he has complete control) why would you take the job as a rookie? Hs career is over if he continues this way........[/QUOTE]

good question..at the end of the day it's still a prestigious gig for any budding coach but if SK looked back now he probably should of seen what else was out there...

IMO Hindy was told his contract would not be renewed, therefore his decision was made for him. I don't remember complaining and I honestly believe that if the coach wanted him gone that is his prerogative.

Same will go for Hayne, if he truly is the problem, f**k him off, I want the club to move forward and if he is stopping it, get rid of him.

The coach will live and die by his decisions, realistically how many fans would the Eels actually lose by getting rid of Hayne? None!

How many would be upset? Plenty, but they would get over it once the club started winning as at the end of the day, the majority of fans who don't really follow the game as closely as say the people on this forum, they just want to win games or see that we are competitive.........

My personal opinion is that SK is out of his depth and couldn't coach an under 12's team to a win, however he has a contract and I am happy for the club to honor it, I am not calling for his sacking, he has till the end of next year to decide his own fate.........it ain't looking good for him but he still has at least 39 games to prove to the board that he has a future with us.

Kornstar

Coach
Look at the outcry when burt got dropped and he's no icon

From who? The media? The fans on an Internet forum? Everyone was over it about a week later.......there will always be the instant backlash but people get over it.

Ultimately, if it improves the team then people will very quickly get over it.