What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Parra team ever?

2. Get him a mentor. Graham Murray. Warren Ryan. Whoever it is will want equal to the coaches pay, so it will cost us circa $450k.

i dont get this one if we have to bring in someone to hold his hand for him why not just fire him and make them coach?

Captain BF

Juniors
We've got 3 options.

1. Keep him where he is. Trust the 5 year plan. Costs no more than it does now.
2. Get him a mentor. Graham Murray. Warren Ryan. Whoever it is will want equal to the coaches pay, so it will cost us circa $450k.
3. Sack him. Appoint whoever (JT, Folkes, Stone etc). it will cost us $450k to get rid of him and then we'd need to pay the new coach the same.

What option would be best for the club IMHO ?

Lock in option 3 Eddie.
I would have to lock in 3 as well.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I call bullshit Staggs. Natural attrition cleans out playing staff year on year anyway. Nothing's ever so bad it needs a complete cleanout - a few short months ago we were told we were building to a competitive season this year, supposedly... no talk of needing any cleanouts while that hype was circulating.

A good coach's job is to work with what the squad he gets and then build it forwards over time, not backwards. After this Kearney debacle ends, we'll need a really really strong coach to bring any players still left here next year through in a positive way for the future. Kearney is showing he just can't do it, so lets get in someone (anyone) else who can try, asap.

Bart, the playing staff is as mentally weak as its ever been and it's been evident for quite some time we have players that have outlived their stay and others who have not responded to their coach, they are dumb, inept and out of their depth..

We should of hired a strong coach in 2007 and I think the error was made when our then CEO appointed hagan ahead of JT, the same CEO made another error of judgement by retrenching the wrong bloke in our recruitment department, since then that bad decisions kept coming from Osborne right through to the board and now we made another blunder in appointing Bentley ( a non football man) as the CEO of football operations, it's been one dropped ball after another with the exception of one small shining light, the appointment of Peter Nolan,

We need a clean out in our player ranks and we need to appoint the best man available and that, at the moment is either Stuart or folkes to instill some hardness and passion back into this club.

I'd be interested to know if anyone is going on Tuesday night because it will be one heck of a night in the auditorium oh the leagues club, unfortunately I'll be away for work but would love to get any sort of feed back if possible.

Why not just wait. Maybe it's all part of the plan.

and what happens in 3 years if we are still playing like crap? there's no point having a fancy new academy and heaps of good juniors coming through if they are moving up to a basket case of a first grade side that is being lapped every week

parra pete

Referee
Worst administration EVER... 3Ps.. :lol: ---- really should be one p, three fs and a t.

Pffft

It seems the 3Ps have been able to achieve the impossible --- ie knock 3Ps out of a bloke like Nathan Hindmarsh...sad, sad, sad....

Haynzy

First Grade
Can you imagine Folkes coaching them last night? I doubt he would have let them get away with the shit they served up at the end of the first half. They would have come out of the sheds with their ears ringing and would probably have learnt a few new words too.

He's the kind of bloke I'd be happy to have around the club. A hard arsed disciplinarian who would demand results.

All we need now is an article in a newspaper with his comments on what's going wrong and what 'Kearney' needs to do to get them going.

bartman

Immortal
i dont get this one if we have to bring in someone to hold his hand for him why not just fire him and make them coach?
Exactly.

But I guess if fork out $450K for a mentor to sit above Kearney for a year and a half (or until Kearney leaves through embarrassment), then we are saving the additional $450K payout for straight out sacking the chump.

ROGUE

Juniors
Exactly.

But I guess if fork out $450K for a mentor to sit above Kearney for a year and a half (or until Kearney leaves through embarrassment), then we are saving the additional $450K payout for straight out sacking the chump.

Surely it's reached the point of embarrassment now.

bartman

Immortal
Bart, the playing staff is as mentally weak as its ever been and it's been evident for quite some time we have players that have outlived their stay and others who have not responded to their coach, they are dumb, inept and out of their depth..

We should of hired a strong coach in 2007 and I think the error was made when our then CEO appointed hagan ahead of JT, the same CEO made another error of judgement by retrenching the wrong bloke in our recruitment department, since then that bad decisions kept coming from Osborne right through to the board and now we made another blunder in appointing Bentley ( a non football man) as the CEO of football operations, it's been one dropped ball after another with the exception of one small shining light, the appointment of Peter Nolan,
Fair enough opinions Staggs. I reckon despite the past we can only look at what we've got now - which on last night's squad includes only 8 from 17 guys who played first grade here before Kearney's time, 4 of which we know won't be here next year anyway (Burt, Maguire, Hindy, Poore) - and how to get the first graders and the players coming through to where they need to be for next year.

We need a clean out in our player ranks and we need to appoint the best man available and that, at the moment is either Stuart or folkes to instill some hardness and passion back into this club.
I agree a new coach very soon is vital to getting some passion back. But I don't think we need a cleanout of players more than would happen anyway? In a squad of 25 managed properly, about 25% will be up for renewal/retirement in any single year - and only 4 of last night's first graders are long term (pre-Kearney era) Parra players who are signed on for next year (Hayne, Mannah, Keating, maybe Moimoi?). A decent coach can work with that - Kearney is showing he is a coach with no clue.

I'd be interested to know if anyone is going on Tuesday night because it will be one heck of a night in the auditorium oh the leagues club, unfortunately I'll be away for work but would love to get any sort of feed back if possible.
Even though it is the correct/only forum for NRL related questions in our club (since the NRL side wasn't transferred to the footy club, where the ticketed memberships are valid), my bet is the sneaky mob will deflect like crazy and minimise the NRL questions to instead focus on traditional Leagues Club issues (like escalators and the firehouse).

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Team's fault ? Or the coach who built the team ?

From another post: A poor quality service on a car by a mechanic (the coach) can have it go well for a very short period of time before the poor quality service issues kick in. Then you have to take the car back to the service manager/s of the business (the board of directors) to rectify the mechanical issues that should have been done in the first instance. Spark plugs and faulty hoses, etc, were not replaced and areas of the engine needed to be cleaned thoroughly/properly. These issues are similar to what a coach has to do to get a squad of brains working together as a unit and performing at maximum pottential on the field. I'ts clear the coach and the board of directors can't do their job. They are obviously so far out of their depth that we are presently the laughing stock of the NRL.

Krakow

Juniors
rubbish, it will take a massive clean out at the playing and coaching staff and it's not a short term sollution..

Thought that's what we did with the previous coach :crazy:

SK got rid of plenty of dead wood last season and got some key positions, his results are worse!

He's indefensible :roll:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Bennett wanted Nolan at Newcastle...

you can deal with the board in 12 months time..

well i'm not sold on him eg http://www.warwickdailynews.com.au/story/2011/01/22/nolan-takes-job-with-parramatta-warwick/

Nolan is hoping former Stanthorpe junior Jordan Atkins, who played TRL footy for both Warwick and Wattles, does well in his first season at Parramatta.

“He will thrive under Stephen Kearney
; a change of environment (from Gold Coast) might do him good. Jordan is a nice kid and an excellent trainer and I would love to see him play regular first grade.”

i can't think of any player that has thrived under Kearney

Well, if I had to apportion blame, I'd start with the blokes who appointed our immediate past-CEO. The bloke has the credibility of a vegetarian shark.