What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Parra team ever?

spartan2153

Juniors
I listened to the game on the radio. After half-time, the sideline eye (Shannon somebody - she`s really good) said that Kearney told the players at half-time to 'try to work out what it was that worked for them in the first half and do that again'. He then left the dressing room with about five minutes to go before the second half. Now, he may have said other things as well; but that`s all that was reported. I also watched the post game interview on T.V. Kearney just kept mentioning Mitch Algood`s mistake and was making out that it was the big turning point in the game. His only other contribution was that the team needs to 'toughen up' and battle through the hard periods of a game. When asked how he could get the team to do that, he simply replied: "Good question".

If true & I mean a big if. He should be walked on the spot. That's only if its a big if true. If we lose to the raiders in Canberra then we should stop paying kearney & charge him with fraud

Kornstar

Coach
one of the, if not the greatest coach ever

vs

A rookie coach?

fmd

Still gotta talk up how good Kearney is..........can't just admit that he is out of his depth and the board are proving to be inept at running a football club.......

Eels Dude

Coach
there is no temprary solution, Bennett couldn't help this mob if he's life depended on it..

He probably couldn't. There is no temporary solution Stagger, I agree... but hard decisions from the top level need to be made in the next week or so because things are just diabolical at the moment and just saying 'be patient' is not going to cut it after tonight's performance.

The board had an emergency meeting after we lost our first games of the season, we won the next wknd against Manly... now we've lost our next 4 games in a row since. Affirmative action is required. No sugar coating or pussy footing around.

bartman

Immortal
I also watched the post game interview on T.V. Kearney just kept mentioning Mitch Algood`s mistake and was making out that it was the big turning point in the game.
Well that explains Poupou's posts tonight singling out that one dropped ball as the turning point then... it's the official line.

Seriously, Kearney seems to be operating in one dimension with this coaching caper. Can't get through to the players sense of pride and passion or desire to play for and support each other, and singles out individual player mistakes in post-match interviews (Sandow one week, Roberts the next week, Allgood this week, Burt early in the season....). Obviously that tactic is bringing out the best in all the guys!

Eels Dude

Coach
I listened to the game on the radio. After half-time, the sideline eye (Shannon somebody - she`s really good) said that Kearney told the players at half-time to 'try to work out what it was that worked for them in the first half and do that again'. He then left the dressing room with about five minutes to go before the second half. Now, he may have said other things as well; but that`s all that was reported. I also watched the post game interview on T.V. Kearney just kept mentioning Mitch Algood`s mistake and was making out that it was the big turning point in the game. His only other contribution was that the team needs to 'toughen up' and battle through the hard periods of a game. When asked how he could get the team to do that, he simply replied: "Good question".

The Media Conference isn't up on FoxSports yet but I'll be interested to watch it tomorrow. If that's what he actually said then he sounds like a bloke lost for answers. Good bloke, but out of his depth.

bartman

Immortal
rubbish, it will take a massive clean out at the playing and coaching staff and it's not a short term sollution..
I call bullshit Staggs. Natural attrition cleans out playing staff year on year anyway. Nothing's ever so bad it needs a complete cleanout - a few short months ago we were told we were building to a competitive season this year, supposedly... no talk of needing any cleanouts while that hype was circulating.

A good coach's job is to work with what the squad he gets and then build it forwards over time, not backwards. After this Kearney debacle ends, we'll need a really really strong coach to bring any players still left here next year through in a positive way for the future. Kearney is showing he just can't do it, so lets get in someone (anyone) else who can try, asap.

Djay

Juniors
Enough's enough, tonight was the final straw.

After going to that shit hole that we want to adopt as our home ground in the freezing cold around those f**kwit Bulldogs supporters and we dish up that was just, actually words don't even describe how I felt.

A big big broom is needed right through the joint from the top all the way through.

Gronk

Staff member
Enough's enough, tonight was the final straw.

After going to that shit hole that we want to adopt as our home ground in the freezing cold around those f**kwit Bulldogs supporters and we dish up that was just, actually words don't even describe how I felt.

A big big broom is needed right through the joint from the top all the way through.

Yep and I hope that the apologists will finally admit that the FC has gone way backwards after the current lot have taken over.

Yes the foyer looks nice but they and the coach and his staff have got NFI about how to prepare a competative NRL team.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
our '95 team was probably our worst roster

we have some decent players in this roster but they are not playing to their ability and have the worst record ever

so if its not the playing roster..............................

EelsFan05

Bench
our '95 team was probably our worst roster

we have some decent players in this roster but they are not playing to their ability and have the worst record ever

so if its not the playing roster..............................

A good playing roster doesn't always equal a good team. In saying that our coach leaves plenty to be desired. He looks like a rabbit in the headlights when he fronts the media.

True EEL

Bench
I blame Ben Roberts.

#TrueEELImpersonation

so, under-performing, inconsistent, high profile recruits shouldn't shoulder at least some portion of the blame for our poor form??? oh wait, what about Chris Sandow and his sacking....??

geez, stop with your agendas Parra Pride LOL :roll: :lol:

Moffo

Referee
Get Steve folkes as your coach. What you guys need is some hard arse discipline

True EEL

Bench
Get Steve folkes as your coach. What you guys need is some hard arse discipline

Yep. Fair call. SK was meant to provide this and plenty more, but hasn't done it in my opinion.

Either him, or Jason Taylor after he has had some time to reflect on and hopefully learn from his first couple of troubled stints as a FG coach.
Not many other experienced coaches still available that I know of. I guess Graham Murray could be another possibility?

Captain BF

Juniors
It's time to turn off the oven, because Kearney is done. I have been a supporter, but his days at Parra should be up. Business wise, it is a bad move forking out that sort oof cash. 18 months worth of money is bad in anyones books. But yep, enough is enough.

Gronk

Staff member
It's time to turn off the oven, because Kearney is done. I have been a supporter, but his days at Parra should be up. Business wise, it is a bad move forking out that sort oof cash. 18 months worth of money is bad in anyones books. But yep, enough is enough.

We've got 3 options.

1. Keep him where he is. Trust the 5 year plan. Costs no more than it does now.
2. Get him a mentor. Graham Murray. Warren Ryan. Whoever it is will want equal to the coaches pay, so it will cost us circa $450k.
3. Sack him. Appoint whoever (JT, Folkes, Stone etc). it will cost us $450k to get rid of him and then we'd need to pay the new coach the same.

What option would be best for the club IMHO ?

Lock in option 3 Eddie.

what do we have to lose at this point? sure if we get another coach we might lose games and get the wooden spoon but if we keep kearney its practically guaranteed

#TakeThePunt

Latest posts