What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst refereeing performance of the season

jonno_knights

Juniors
The biggest concern is consistency.

The Titans were terrible this year but surely they were not the only team to walk forward in the ptb.
I try to watch as many games as I can and I don't recall any other team getting penalised for it yet the Titans got done 3 times for it, twice in 1 game which cost them the match.
And then we get treated with Watmough's shambolic ptb which goes unnoticed in the biggest match of the year. Frustrating no end.

Just like how the knights got penalised 3 or 4 times in the Manly game in round 3 for feeding the scrum wrong (only with one hand, between the wrong set of legs, stuff like that).

I cant remember who it was but when the cows V dogs late in the season ..the cows were penalised for being in front of the kicker on the last tackle as a downtowner was put in...couldnt believe it...happens 20 times a game every week ,
That was just one ,but the Tigs V Warriors was the worst this yr easily.

Big Pete

Referee
Worse was in the Manly/Broncos game when the first try comes off a dodgy play the ball and then Thaiday is penalised for a carbon copy later on.

The leg up the warriors got in Auckland against the Roosters was a disgrace but the sheep f**kers go silent when you mention it to them

Tigers V Knights at Leichardt was a joke, and stands out for me as a knights fan. Some real crucial decisions went against us in that one, along with a 9-2 penalty count. Housten was running back to the defensive line when Simona blindsided him with a dog shot, Housten retaliated pretty mildly from memory, and copped the penalty (heres the incident here: http://www.nrl.com/Video/2011GameAn...ity=1&type=penaltyconceded&period=2&time=2266). Also in the final play of the match, Heighington took out DeGois at marker, allowing Farah an easy FG shot from dummy half as DeGois couldnt apply pressure.

That Tigers V Warriors semi was also painful to watch as a neutral.

The common theme seems to be the Tigers. And Jared Maxwell....

Have a look at the Brisbane v Tigers game in 2009 at Campbelltown officiated by Jared Maxwell. The fact Maxwell was tackled by a spectator at the end of the game is a fitting reflection of his performance.

As regards the Knights-Tigers game, Newcastle were offside and holding down the entire game. I have no sympathy for the Knights whatsoever.

Towards the end of the year we were blessed with a dream run from the refs, no fan could deny that. Notwithstanding the good fortune, I'd say we were the better team in every game leading up to the Warriors semi-final (Manly and Roosters fans who think otherwise are dreaming). If the Warriors had lost the semi it would have been a travesty.

Back to the original question, any game Canberra or the Roosters lost entailed grave incompetence on the part of the referees.

Deacon

First Grade
I seem to remember a game between the Tigers and Roosters at Leichhardt, Tigs got a leg up there too.

LazyDreamer

Bench
Sharks / Tigers in the last few rounds, the Sharks were murdered in the last 15 minutes.

^This^

Can't recall a game in recent memory that reeked of the officials being told, "Make sure xxxx wins".

Thoough none mentioned so far comes close to the Dragons in the mid 90s when referee David Manson penalised us three times in the one game for deliberate forward passes...esp when the worst one had obviously floated just forward & two were deemed by all & sundry to be okay!

juanfarkall

Coach
Almost every match where the referees were under the control of Harrigant and Roper.
Tiges vs Sharks stands out

Our game against the Warriors was dreadful. Watched it at a mates house, both him and his dad were piling it on for every dud penalty we got. It seemed like Maxwell was paying us back for every dud call he's given us over the years (he's hated us since that bloke didn't hit him hard enough at Campbelltown in 09). Still can't believe with all that help we couldn't put them away.

Apart from the obvious Tigers Vs Warriors game that's been mentioned (probably the worst I've seen ever), I was absolutely fuming that the referee didn't go to the video ref for Dugan's match winning try against us in the latter rounds of the competition. Refs showing favouritism towards a team throughout a game is one thing, but when you can actually make a decision on the final play of the game that decides a game, at least make sure you get it 100% right.

Cue Raiders fans :roll:

Knightmare

Coach
Tigers V Knights at Leichardt was a joke, and stands out for me as a knights fan. Some real crucial decisions went against us in that one, along with a 9-2 penalty count. Housten was running back to the defensive line when Simona blindsided him with a dog shot, Housten retaliated pretty mildly from memory, and copped the penalty (heres the incident here: http://www.nrl.com/Video/2011GameAn...ity=1&type=penaltyconceded&period=2&time=2266). Also in the final play of the match, Heighington took out DeGois at marker, allowing Farah an easy FG shot from dummy half as DeGois couldnt apply pressure.

That Tigers V Warriors semi was also painful to watch as a neutral.

The common theme seems to be the Tigers. And Jared Maxwell....

Absolutely. I like the Tigers, but it pissed me off how hard some of the refs (esp. Maxwell) tried to get them the victory time and time again. That Knights game at Leichardt was an absolute shocker, I think everybody north of Swansea would have happily taken Maxwell's head on a plate the next day!

God-King Dean

Immortal
All the Tigers favouritism is fair enough IMO.

Phil Gould assumes me every week that I absolute love Tigers, & they are the greatest team to ever live, & Benji Marshall's shit tastes like Snickers, & his semen on my face will reduce acne - so by god, I want to watch them every week.

LazyDreamer

Bench
All the Tigers favouritism is fair enough IMO.

Phil Gould assumes me every week that I absolute love Tigers, & they are the greatest team to ever live, & Benji Marshall's shit tastes like Snickers, & his semen on my face will reduce acne - so by god, I want to watch them every week.

A Benji bukake...there's an image I didn't need to wake up to...

thMyNameIsEarlS04E02HDTVXviD-NoT-1.gif

Latest posts