What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst refereeing performance of the season

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I was absolutely fuming that the referee didn't go to the video ref for Dugan's match winning try against us in the latter rounds of the competition.

thats was an awful individual decision and i'm actually surprised that wasnt made more of a mention of afterwards.

another bad individual decison was when beau scott "offloaded" after being held for 4 seconds to someone (gasnier?) who then raced off to score

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raiders always seemed to get leg ups

been happening with them for years actually

:lol:
You might get yourself one or two with that.

Id like to think we're smarter than that but most our fan base think that we should still be a premiership contender without our star play maker all year bar 8 minutes, star fullback was only 100% fit for about 8 games this year, representive front row (TLL and Shillo) missed around 15 games combined and no one remotely capible of playing quality games of footy consistantly at hooker...

so yea, you might get a few that one

Raider_69

Post Whore
I was absolutely fuming that the referee didn't go to the video ref for Dugan's match winning try against us in the latter rounds of the competition. Refs showing favouritism towards a team throughout a game is one thing, but when you can actually make a decision on the final play of the game that decides a game, at least make sure you get it 100% right.

Cue Raiders fans :roll:

:lol: even when we are f**king hopeless - still the best dragon slayers in the comp. As per the Dugan try, the ref did get it 100% right, not even a slither of conjecture on that one.

TBH the worst game i saw was the Manly v Brisbane semi, Manly did deserve their win, and were the better team but for a semi, in such a big occasion, Brisbane had a lot of ridiculous refereeing calls to over come

the single worst decision has to go to the GF referee's who allowed Watmaugh to play the football facing the sideline, thats a penalty 100/100, not once should that ever get missed, its so obvious and easy to call. Worst refereeing call of the year imo

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
This wasn't even a contest. Shows how amazing we were to get up over the Tigers when everyone, even Wests fans, agree it was borderline criminal what the refs were doing to us.

skeepe

Immortal
Any game involving the Tigers in the last 10 rounds plus finals. Absolutely disgusting.

It makes sense to get angry at the team getting the rub of the green from refs.... not.

Try getting angry at the right people, start with Bill Harrigan.

Jason Maher

Immortal
thats was an awful individual decision and i'm actually surprised that wasnt made more of a mention of afterwards.

another bad individual decison was when beau scott "offloaded" after being held for 4 seconds to someone (gasnier?) who then raced off to score

The rules specifically allow Beau Scott 30 minutes to offload before a call of held is made, c.f. the try you mentioned against the Warriors, and the one earlier in the season against the Dogs when was on his back and offloaded to (can't remember who) who duly dived over.

On Dugan, one of the replay angles clearly showed a knock-on. Took the Sunday Roast to show it, as Fox weren't the slightest bit interested in replaying it. Not sure what footage Raider_69 was watching.

They got a leg up in their next 4 or 5 games aswell, who was the other team they beat with a forward pass was it Manly??

Manly's second try should have been disallowed for interference with the marker.

Earlier Jamie Lyon took out a Tigers player without the ball when Benji made a break and was trying to draw the fullback. At the very least it should have been a penalty, putting the Tigers in an excellent position.

In regards to the Roosters game, the forward pass call against Anasta was dodgy but it was not determinative of the result. I can't recall the Tigers receiving any other 'leg-up' in the game. Certaintly nothing as important as a dodgy scrum call in the dying seconds of a semi final.

Packy

Bench
It's like trying to remember which shit you did stank worse. So many that it all becomes one horrible stinky flachback.

macnaz

Staff member
I think all in all every side has been f**ked by the refs at some stage.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Not sure what footage Raider_69 was watching.

the footage that clearly showed downward pressure on a ball contacting the ground. I know that from there on the saints season kinda fell into a heap (where as ours was there long before) but it was a fair try, move on dude

Latest posts