What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst refereeing performance of the season

Meth

Staff member
Every week there's always 2-3 team's fans feeling aggrieved by the referees' handling of their matches. Occasionally, they're very justified. Which of the referees' performances in 2011 did you view as the worst?

Obviously, as a Warriors' fan, I was particularly annoyed by Hayne and Maxwell's bemusing performance in the Tigers v Warriors finals match. I have never felt like there was more weight to a claim that the refs were on the take.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i'd agree with your assessment and i didnt support either team involved. definitely the most biased refereeing i've ever seen

thommo4pm

Coach
Sharks / Tigers in the last few rounds, the Sharks were murdered in the last 15 minutes.

Tigers / Warriors as others have mentioned.

As a Saints fan, one game I was baffled with against us this year was the draw with Parra.

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
Hayne and Maxwell in Warriors Tigers semi was appalling. Basically a pair of cheats. There should be some accountability but there wont be. Has there even been an official comment on that game ?

DiggerBlue

Juniors
I thought the refs overall had a good year, can't remember a stand-out fail performance across the length of a total game.

AuDragon

Juniors
The worst 3 games were all in the finals imo.

The Warriors definitely got the rough end of the pineapple against the Tigers and were also very unlucky against Manly in the finals.

Personally, although bias may be involved, the Manly-Broncos QF was also pretty appalling in the first half.

Boofhead

Juniors
I knew Titans were in for a rough season with the refs when in round 1 Phil Haynes set up a try for the Dragons...

Mr Saab

Referee
Any game with Robinson or Cummins....they are as useless as they come.
Special mention to Cummins for his 2007 effort in the Roosters Souffs game. I know it was 4 yrs ago - but shit he was crap in that game.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Tigers V Knights at Leichardt was a joke, and stands out for me as a knights fan. Some real crucial decisions went against us in that one, along with a 9-2 penalty count. Housten was running back to the defensive line when Simona blindsided him with a dog shot, Housten retaliated pretty mildly from memory, and copped the penalty (heres the incident here: http://www.nrl.com/Video/2011GameAn...ity=1&type=penaltyconceded&period=2&time=2266). Also in the final play of the match, Heighington took out DeGois at marker, allowing Farah an easy FG shot from dummy half as DeGois couldnt apply pressure.

That Tigers V Warriors semi was also painful to watch as a neutral.

The common theme seems to be the Tigers. And Jared Maxwell....

no name

Referee
The biggest concern is consistency.

The Titans were terrible this year but surely they were not the only team to walk forward in the ptb.
I try to watch as many games as I can and I don't recall any other team getting penalised for it yet the Titans got done 3 times for it, twice in 1 game which cost them the match.
And then we get treated with Watmough's shambolic ptb which goes unnoticed in the biggest match of the year. Frustrating no end.

Last edited: