What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst rugby league show - all media

Worst rugby league show - all media

• Sunday Footy Show

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend Detention (Continuous Call team)

• Boots 'n All

• Thursday Footy Show

• Hollywood and Zorba (2KY Sundays)

• NRL on Fox

• ABC Grandstand Rugby League

• Sunday Roast

• NRL Scoreboard

• They all suck

• I love them all

• Total voters

Brutus

Referee
Be interesting to find out the worst, the dregs, the most pathetic rugby league show going around. :twisted:

Let's get voting!

Razor

Coach
Worst - Hadley and co
Best - Sunday Footy Show

Worst Ever - Hadley and co.
Best Ever - NRL Winners

nqboy

First Grade
Don't see or hear too many of these but they'd want to be pretty bad to outshit That f**ked Show.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Thursday Footy Show shouldn't be there. People need to get it, it's a variety show based on NRL, not a discussion show

Red Bear

Referee
Dunno how someone could vote for Grandstand, by far the Best on radio n probly better commentators than nein.

rugged

Juniors
Immortal said:
Thursday Footy Show shouldn't be there. People need to get it, it's a variety show based on NRL, not a discussion show

I get it - I just don't like it and choose not to watch it any longer. Even my kids no longer bother staying up for it most of the time.

ABC Grandstand is really good.

Raider_69

Post Whore
thursday footy show

dont mind the continueous call team, not the best but decent
Roy and HG own

Razor

Coach
The Thursday Footy Show is great, but can't watch it anymore. I only have 1 VCR so can only tape 1 show. So I tape The Amazing Race instead.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Thursday Footy Show was good until that stupid QLD report came along and ruined it. We miss 15-20 minutes of the show to watch that idiot Bombolas (or however you spell his damn name) and Webcke, who is just as stupid on the segment, talk about the Broncos for the whole time, and about 2 minutes about the Cowboys.

Even Broncos fans hate the stupid segment, and as someone who hates the Broncos, it makes me want to spew. I'd love to punch whoever came up with the bright idea for the stupid report.

Razor

Coach
Thursday Footy Show was good until that stupid QLD report came along and ruined it. We miss 15-20 minutes of the show to watch that idiot Bombolas (or however you spell his damn name) and Webcke, who is just as stupid on the segment, talk about the Broncos for the whole time, and about 2 minutes about the Cowboys.

Even Broncos fans hate the stupid segment, and as someone who hates the Broncos, it makes me want to spew. I'd love to punch whoever came up with the bright idea for the stupid report.

That segment is such a laugh

They're very amateurish and think the Broncos are gods.

Kaz

junior
Razor said:

That segment is such a laugh

They're very amateurish and think the Broncos are gods.

They are better the the screaming girl The Chief.

And his segment That's Gold. Should be named That's Cr@p.

greeneyed

First Grade
So many choices. The Thursday Footy Show is clearly worst, so I voted for it. The Hadley Show is awful, it must be second. I distinguish that from the actual footy calls. If only they actually called the games they have the exclusive rights to ie the Saturday 7.30pm game. Abolish the exclusive radio rights asap! Any show with Phil Gould is irritating beyond belief, but any show with both Gould AND Andrew Voss is an absolute shocker. So third worst is Boots 'n all and fourth is Sunday Roast.

Good shows... ABC radio coverage of rugby league..... provided they cover it! (instead of union!).

zulu

Juniors
What 2GB have done pure rugby league on the radio is criminal.

I mean we've now got our only commercial broadcaster of the game calling their weekend league program Weekend Detention. WTF??????? The NRL should look really closely next time at who they give commercial rights to or if they should give them at all. We currently have a mob who are only interested in maximising their own ratings by pitching to people who have no interest in the game whatsoever. This isn't a bad thing for a radio station, but hardly good for rugby league and real rugby league supporters who don't want to hear repetitive garbage and agendas every weekend. No coverage of the later Saturday night games is a case in point. Did any station cover the league in Sydney at 7.30 last night?

P.S 2GB make rugby league look like the joke of all sports and the NRL just let it happen.

AdamH

Juniors
2GB were awesome pre-Hadley. They called every game (bar Fridays). The new tossers only call 2 a weekend.

Striker

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:

I don't watch the Thursday Night Footyshow (actually 3 times in the last 4 seasons) but at least that segment could be a break from the channel nine commentary team talking about the Roosters.

I watched the Sunday Footyshow last week waiting for the Warriors v Cowboys game to kick off on FOX. When the nine mob reviewed the Roosters v Broncos match the whole review was the panel asking Phil, "Are the Roosters going to be alright" Sometimes you get the feeling with those guys that Rugby League is not ok unless the Roosters are playing well.

As most of us probably already know there are a lot better commentators on Rugby League then this mob. In saying that though Matthew Johns seems to be a bit more in touch then the other guys, when he is talking football that is.

Razor

Coach
And his segment That's Gold. Should be named That's Cr@p.

Yes That's Gold (same as That's Tops last year) is crap, but much better than the QLD segment - although the only episode of The Footy Show I've seen this year was 2 weeks ago when The Amazing Race was off due to non-ratings.

zulu

Juniors
I love issue-driven rugby league chat.

The Sunday Roast is filling that role perfectly at the moment.

Today's show is excellent. It's great to see a Channel 9 panel without Fatty and Sterlo for a change. Having people that are willing to speak their mind makes a huge difference.

Well done Channel 9 :thumnn