What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst signing

RedVDave

First Grade
Tony Caine
Ben Ellis
Nathan Long
Luke MacDougall
Ben Rogers
Simon Woolford
Nick Youngquest

With the exception of Woolford I find it ironic that all players were signed from either Souths or Cronulla.

Cagey Mac

Bench
prior..

and i had no issues with scott @ centre..

Scott is great in defence but too slow in attack for a centre and the current RHS combo is outstanding (as is the left for that matter)
Bennett had no hesitation in switching Scott back the pack when Gaz arrived and Gaz form was nowhere near what it is now and was only costing us $50k for the balance of our (premiership winning) season
I'm not so sure that given current form that I would drop Prior for Smith, certainly not for Costigan and even then I'd be nervous that Smith would be there when we needed him.
Smith has played 10 this season, Costigan 7, so a total of 17 games from a possible 28
Prior has played 15 of 15 at lock, 2nd row, prop or centre, has run 50% more metres and completed more tackles than both Costigan and Smith combined. Indeed 50% more tackles than they combined in two less games.
Costigan’s error rate this year is high
Gaz’ 281 tackles and 1520 metres in 13 games (two out for Origin) as also better than the combined efforts of Costigan and Smith

gregstar

Referee
worst signings period was from '86 - '90.

only notables were fullerton-smith, gourley & coyne.

'86 - '90 was the most depressing period of footy i've lived through.

even the panasonic cup victory felt like a charity case for goobers.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Tony Caine
Ben Ellis
Nathan Long
Luke MacDougall
Ben Rogers
Simon Woolford
Nick Youngquest

With the exception of Woolford I find it ironic that all players were signed from either Souths or Cronulla.

Ben Rodgers is a great get and replacing Soward with him in the semi against Manly was ....Damn why did I have to think of that again

Minh

First Grade
That Sheperd guy from the Cowboys too and what about Matt Rodwell came with big wraps.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Matt Orford for the Raiders.

I know its nought to do with us, but when worst buys comes up as a topic, this just shits all over everything else in history.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Barrett? You guys are on drugs and he was not signed from anywhere. He came as part of the merger. Signing you mean from other clubs don't you? Ryles and Baz don't fit in that category. Didn't Baz get Daly M in his second year of the merger? Can't be that bad. Ryles is a champion as well. Always gave his best. Having Poore play next to him did not help. Talk about rubbish, Poore was one of them.

Brett Firman would be No.1 for me, followed by Richie Williams. Both suppose to be the answer to our halves. Yeah right.