What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst starting hooker in any club?

typicalfan

Coach
Young is awful, the sheer impact an aging Luke Priddis provides when he takes over is proof enough. Young is up there with Tongue.

redvscotty

First Grade
To be fair typicalfan, I did specifically state starting hookers. My mentioning of Young was purely to prove a point.

I like Ennis.

redvscotty

First Grade
Yeah I know but no one is as bad as Tongue.

Well maybe good ol' Johnny Morris.

Is even he better than Tongue?

Only time will tell!

typicalfan

Coach
Yeah I know but no one is as bad as Tongue.

Well maybe good ol' Johnny Morris.

Is even he better than Tongue?

Only time will tell!
Yeah no starting hooker is worse than Tongue. Some teams back ups are even better like Henderson for the Warriors or Hinchcliffe for the Storm. But then again Tongue is a very good lock playing horribly out of position, John Morris is a better hooker but John Morris playing at halfback is as bad as Tongue at hooker. I LOLed big time when he kicked out of dummy half v the Eels last week.

bileduct

Coach
To be fair to Alan Tongue, he is better than Stuart Flanagan or fielding a dude with a broken jaw.

But... yeah.

Yeah no starting hooker is worse than Tongue. Some teams back ups are even better like Henderson for the Warriors or Hinchcliffe for the Storm. But then again Tongue is a very good lock playing horribly out of position, John Morris is a better hooker but John Morris playing at halfback is as bad as Tongue at hooker. I LOLed big time when he kicked out of dummy half v the Eels last week.

Ahhh where's the hangmans noose

John Morris is a good hooker and lock. Leave it at that.

As for worst hooker, it has to be Tongue. I remember against the Eels, Campese was going into dummy-half, Tongue pushes him out of the way and put in the worst kick. He's just terrible, good first grade lock but doesn't go much further than that.

Shoulders Matai

Juniors
has to be Jeff Robson

He has to be the most luckiest NSW cup player to play the game.

The bloke is a toiler and trys hard but sadly like the majority of the population he lacks the talent required to be an NRL player