What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst starting player in the NRL?

K-Man

Bench
Someone who starts the majority of games, is consistently picked in first grade, and is not a 2006 rookie. Also not the most over-rated or over paid, just the plain worst in the comp.

I really struggled to think of someone who offers less to a team that Reegan Tanner. Maybe Covell could give it a shake but I suppose goal kicking saves him.

Burwood

Bench
If you are going to name Tanner than you can add Stagg to that list. All the bloke does is tackle- doesn't offer much more to the team.

Ben

Bench
Tanner would be my pick. In most other teams he will fail to play in the 17 as consistently as he does for the Knights.

Adrian Purtell. That bloke's got nothing.

Actually, I'll expand that to say the whole Canberra backline except Jason Smith and Clinton Schifcofske.

Johns Magic

Referee
The_Joey_Show said:
Adrian Purtell. That bloke's got nothing.

Actually, I'll expand that to say the whole Canberra backline except Jason Smith and Clinton Schifcofske.

Phil Graham goes alright too.

chinorocks

Juniors
Scott Minto is the worst. No question. Gets awarded Dally m points by opposition teams for gifting them games.

Doctor

Bench
It used to be Stuart Kelly, and before him Michael Hancock. Now Scott Minto. I don't know what it is about the Broncos in the years during and after Wendell and Tuquri but they've really put some dud wingers into their starting teams. All three are/were ordinary, one-dimensional players with very little chance of winning a game with an act of brilliance. I'm particularly fond of Stuart Kelly for this title -- he was hilarious.

The current crop of Souths players tend to look ordinary, but there are some youngsters in there. Truth be told, I can't go past Reegan Tanner at the moment. Every week I see a number 13 involved in missed tackles, particularly ones that lead to tries. I'm often watching replays where an opposition player has crossed the line and wondered how on earth our defence crumbled so easily. Suffice to say it's a big number 13 player in red-and-blue that is the player that consistently misses the bloke. You watch -- he stuffs something every week. Nothing personal, but gee he must have some photos or something because I'll be buggered if I know why we put up with mediocrity.

aqua_duck

Coach
People have named guys like Purtell, Minto etc but they don't start everyweek, Tanner does and does nothing.

Latest posts