What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you still go the the Cricket

Would you still attand the cricket if there were an alcahol ban?

• Yeh no problems

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • No way

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If there was an alcohol ban.

We're not talking light beer and all the Jimmys you can guzzle.

We're talking 100% ban on alcohol.

The Colonel

Immortal
No problem to me at all...... I don't mind a beer at the cricket but if it wasn't there.... meh.

chileman

Coach
;-) You weren't consuming a few ALCOHOL beverages whilst posting this thread were you Twizzies :p and voted yes although I would probably knock down a 6 pack before I entered :lol: but seriously I can live without it at sporting events....prbably save me a fortune too!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
chileman said:
;-) You weren't consuming a few ALCOHOL beverages whilst posting this thread were you Twizzies :p and voted yes although I would probably knock down a 6 pack before I entered :lol: but seriously I can live without it at sporting events....prbably save me a fortune too!

touche

NPK

Bench
No problem for me.
All the alcoholics here will be outraged though..

chileman

Coach
Twizzle said:
:lol:

NPK, I forgot to mention, if they do away with the grog then they must introduce more food outlets, not just pies and hotdogs but I'm talking gourmet pizzas, Subs and wraps of all types, a Thai food outlet and of course a seafood platter consisting of many prawns, oysters, calamari and mussels :p

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
I wouldn't go without the possibility of alcohol and some mates there to liven up an otherwise dead boring game. Cricket is really just maths in disguise :p

JJ

Immortal
Hopefully this poll is redundant - if you're a cricket fan, why would a beer be the determing factor for whether you go to the cricket or not?

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
JJ said:
Hopefully this poll is redundant - if you're a cricket fan, why would a beer be the determing factor for whether you go to the cricket or not?
Incentive. Why take the missus to the ballet? Score some brownie points, that's why :) The cricket is boring for some people (e.g. me) so they need some motivation to go.

JJ

Immortal
TiTTieS said:
Incentive. Why take the missus to the ballet? Score some brownie points, that's why :) The cricket is boring for some people (e.g. me) so they need some motivation to go.

that's fine, but if you fond it boring then I'd question whether you're a "cricket fan" - not a criticism, cricket needs extra viewers, and I guess an alcohol ban woul impact on crowds then...

go_the_doggies

Juniors
I agree with JJ, if your a real cricket fan, then whether theres alcohol there or not shouldnt affect your decision to go

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
JJ said:
that's fine, but if you fond it boring then I'd question whether you're a "cricket fan" - not a criticism, cricket needs extra viewers, and I guess an alcohol ban woul impact on crowds then...
You're spot on, I'm not much of a cricket fan. Well, at least I don't really enjoy watching it all that much which is sort of funny considering I'm watching the cricket right now. Playing cricket, on the other hand, is a lot more fun as it requires being active - to an extent anyway. You obviously aren't doing much when your side is batting.

Putting money on a big game is ok I guess but that is about all that can really improve it for me. Even the "down to the wire" games can be really boring as the batsmen often just push singles with the odd 2 an 4. Also, the bonus point is frustrating when you see players trying to get there but just end up playing stupid shots and getting out. I suppose if it's your cup of tea then good for you but I much prefer to watch football or rugby league.

What you're saying about cricket needing extra viewers relates quite a bit to what I've said I would think. I'm interested to know how many people would simply attend the game to be seen, especially on TV.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
go_the_doggies said:
I agree with JJ, if your a real cricket fan, then whether theres alcohol there or not shouldnt affect your decision to go
That's exactly right. Thing is it provides that little bit extra motivation for some people to go and that is why it is needed...probably. Maybe some peole don't go because there are people getting drunk and it spoils the family atmosphere. If Bay 13 (I think 13) at the MCG was what the whole crowd was like, then a lot of people would probably not go, but also it would attract a different clientele.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Don't mind either way, I'm morre of a wine person anyway but I can go without either!

bazza

Immortal
JJ said:

If the crowd was made up of people who where there to watch the cricket - then I would go

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
JJ said:
I am a cricket fan.

I would stop going.

I can still watch and drink at home.

NPK

Bench
chileman said:
:lol:

NPK, I forgot to mention, if they do away with the grog then they must introduce more food outlets, not just pies and hotdogs but I'm talking gourmet pizzas, Subs and wraps of all types, a Thai food outlet and of course a seafood platter consisting of many prawns, oysters, calamari and mussels :p
I shudder to think what price they would put on a seafood platter! $100?

Palms

Juniors
lol
That's being generous to the prices dont you think..i'd expect $150 at least...and all deep fried!