What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestling Trivia

Speaking of Jericho, who did he used to imagine would be his tag team partner when dreaming of becoming a World Tag Champ as a youngster?

Evil_Mush

Juniors
My turn for a question now yeah?

At what ppv did kanyon unmask, and in what match did it happen?

Ah yes, WCW during the good ol' 1997-1998 era, love it!! Why has it taken almost a year to answer a question!

I admit I had to cheat to find the PPV name (Slamboree 98), but remember the match well, Bowery Death match (i.e. cage with weapons) DDP vs Raven.
Raven had some guys in riot gear to protect him from a mystery attacker (disguised as cameraman, merch stand seller & others) in the weeks leading up to match, then at the end while Raven is handcuffed (I think) to ropes/cage, one of the riot gear dudes smashes Raven with a brutal chair shot, takes off the riot helmet to reveal Mortis, then takes off the Mortis mask to reveal one of the prettiest faces you'll ever see (whobeta!)

Sticking with that PPV, in the introductions to the cruiserweight battle royale, courtesy of the always hilarious Chris Jericho (at his humourous best during those WCW days), how many more matches did he say Silver King had to win to be upgraded to Gold King?

Chanandalar

Juniors
Ha, have to watch that 2nite.
I remember the finish with 'Ciclope'

Tony Schiavone made that moment I reckon. Him just going mental screaming "it's not ciclope, IT'S NOT CICLOPE". Jericho said that is the loudest he has ever heard a crowd, when Malenko unmasked. I loved that ppv, it was the first PPV I ever ordered, good times

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Ah yes, WCW during the good ol' 1997-1998 era, love it!! Why has it taken almost a year to answer a question!

I admit I had to cheat to find the PPV name (Slamboree 98), but remember the match well, Bowery Death match (i.e. cage with weapons) DDP vs Raven.
Raven had some guys in riot gear to protect him from a mystery attacker (disguised as cameraman, merch stand seller & others) in the weeks leading up to match, then at the end while Raven is handcuffed (I think) to ropes/cage, one of the riot gear dudes smashes Raven with a brutal chair shot, takes off the riot helmet to reveal Mortis, then takes off the Mortis mask to reveal one of the prettiest faces you'll ever see (whobeta!)

Sticking with that PPV, in the introductions to the cruiserweight battle royale, courtesy of the always hilarious Chris Jericho (at his humourous best during those WCW days), how many more matches did he say Silver King had to win to be upgraded to Gold King?

12 more matches. Btw,he could have had a career as a ring announcer :lol:

What famous cage match in WCW did a 'fan' jump try to help his favourite wrestler?

he was always in other matches, all of them were IC title matches as well besides a world title shot in 93.

Add an F as the first letter to the surname of an ex ECW Superstar and you will get a former WCW star that seemed to always be in "the top 5 of every division at the moment".

The Sharpshooter, happened at my fave ppv ever, Survivor Series 1998!

Who was named to face The Rock in the first round of that tournament and who took their place when that person pulled out injured?

Latest posts