What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT’s Pathways

Vic Mackey

Referee

Maybe one to watch.

Karnibs good, I’m not sure what his best position is, has played wing, fullback and centre. Maybe wing if he can bulk up a bit? Probably end up similar to kiraz imo, think he has some growing to do.

Goes into SG Ball next year which will be good for him, wouldn’t mind him do some pre seaaon
I believe He’s on a development deal for next year. Hooker is one position we’re never lacking in juniors.

Nutz

Bench
Good news, we beat Souths in Flegg.
Wests Tigers 36 Wabbits 20

Chris Faagutu had a blinder scoring 3 tries. He might be pressing for selection in the NRL :)
He's in our top 30 next year, signed till end of 2025. Lock him up Shano.
Listen to what an ex NRL player thinks if him.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
There's a fair bit of chat about the Wests Tigers victorious 2022 Harold Matt's Premiers side so I'd thought it be nice to rekindle the memories of that day and look at the team make-up. Several players are now emerging into the NRL or about to.
This article is from the official Wests Tigers website.

Junior stars shine as Harold Matthews crowned Champions!

SmartSelect_20240821_162439_Edge.jpg

Western Suburbs Magpies have put the exclamation mark on a remarkable season with a comprehensive 42-16 win over the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks in the UNE Harold Matthews Cup Grand Final at CommBank Stadium today.

The Magpies had been the best team all season and kept their undefeated streak alive with another impressive win.
The Magpies fought back from an early deficit to take a halftime lead before piling on the points in the second half.
While there were strong performances across the park, winger Tajh Colquhoun and prop Jordan Miller were the stars of the afternoon.
Colquhoun scored three tries and slotted seven conversions for an individual tally of 26 points, while Miller was awarded the match ball for his Man of the Match performance.
The Magpies got the scoring underway with a penalty goal in the 4th minute before Cronulla hit back through Kurt Montgomery. Montgomery almost repeated the dosage minutes later, but some desperate defence forced him over the sideline.
This would prove to be the turning point of the match as the Magpies marched their way downfield on the ensuing set and tied the game through Tajh Colquhen.
Prop Jordan Miller then showed off his playmaking abilities, sending Kit Laulilii through the line and away to score.
The Magpies doubled their advantage following an error from Cronulla captain Chevy Stewart, which fell into the arms of Nathaniel Gallagher.
In the second half, the task became much more difficult for the trailing Sharks as Stewart was sent off for dissent, a short time later the Magpies took advantage of the situation when Mason fired a long ball to an unmarked Colquhoun to cross over out wide and extend the lead to 24-6.

Halfback Luke Keppie then sent Lachlan Galvin through the line with a deft short ball before Nathaniel Gallagher went over for his second try of the afternoon.
Colquhoun put the icing on the cake with eight minutes to play, pushing away from one defender and beating another with a spectacular acrobatic effort to complete his hat trick.
Speaking after the match to NSWRL TV, Magpies skipper Kit Laulilii stated that he was immensely proud of his side and the resilience they have shown throughout the season.
“We just did our job the whole season. We took it one game at a time, gave it our best today and got the result”

“I’m so blessed to play with my little brother Luke It’s great for my family who have been supporting us since day one” “This was a bunch of boys who were just strangers to me at the very start, but they’re now my brothers - Kit Laulilii
The premiership is the first for the Western Suburbs Magpies in any competition since 2002, where a squad led by Bryce Gibbs, Liam Fulton and Ryan Hoffman won the SG Ball Cup.
“I think the boys played a really good game today; we knew coming up against Cronulla who showed some really good form during the year was going to be a tough game”

- Magpies coach Robbie Mears
Team List
Chevy Laulilii -1
Nathaniel Gallagher - 2
William Craig - 3
Daniel Waqa - 4
Tajh Colquhoun - 5
Heath Mason - 6
Luke Keppie - 7
Jordan Miller - 8
Taylan Da Silva - 9
Ewan Xuereb - 15
Jeremiah Leatigaga - 11
Lachlan Galvin 12 - Second Row :)
Kit Laulilii - 13
Harry Delaney -16
Denzel Schaafhausen-Mino -17
Heith Pritchard -18
Bowen Roper -19
Sosefo Finau - 20
western_suburbs_magpies_2022_harold_mat-t-hews_cup_champions_01_s800.jpg
Happy Days, big future!

Attachments

• western_suburbs_magpies_2022_harold_mat-t-hews_cup_champions_01_s800.jpg
    western_suburbs_magpies_2022_harold_mat-t-hews_cup_champions_01_s800.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 0
Hey Lads. Havent been around much as the Junior Footy finals have started but i still keep an ear to the ground on things.

Alex Isdale has signed with the Sharks. His dad Stephen is staying on as Harold Matts Coach with Wests.
Also Alex has been playing 1st grade fro the Oakdale Workers in the Senior Comp and has been killing it by all reports. A teammate of his in there is Sonny Edwards Moeke he has also signed with Cronulla.

I always thought Alex was the one that would just shine right through. Not sure what happened but hes off to Cronulla

Latest posts