What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF is going on .. no one wants to come to parra!!

HAVEFAITHBOYS

Juniors
head, riddell, orford, firman, smith, ... all players who were tipped to come to parra arnt any more...

we got nearly a mil to spend and no one wants to come here.. whats the go...

we need to buy some quality... regardless of how many juniors we got coming up..

only person iam thinkin is morrison.. wont be surprised if we offer him 1 mil and he goes no...at the rate things are going

is there anyone else "tipped" to come here...

iam getting annoyed.......

Eelementary

Post Whore
Smith?

As in CAMERON Smith?

I was sure the Storm snatched him up for 2 more years.

What do we NEED?

Well we NEED: a quality outside back or two, a quality forward an maybe a back-up hooker.

Our main priorities are the backs.

There are Tahu, Tate, Monaghan and a few others that come to mind.

Forwards? Pritchard, Morrison, Kite.

Hooker? Riddell.

We'll be aggressive - we won't get all, but I am confident of signing at least one major player.

strider

Post Whore
tipped to come to parra

By who? - hopeful people on this forum and the media who have nothing else to talk about, so they make up their own scenarios about who goes where.

Don't believe everything you hear....even the players are talking crap this time of year so that they can get the maximum contract they can.

HAVEFAITHBOYS

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Smith?

As in CAMERON Smith?

I was sure the Storm snatched him up for 2 more years.

What do we NEED?

Well we NEED: a quality outside back or two, a quality forward an maybe a back-up hooker.

Our main priorities are the backs.

There are Tahu, Tate, Monaghan and a few others that come to mind.

Forwards? Pritchard, Morrison, Kite.

Hooker? Riddell.

We'll be aggressive - we won't get all, but I am confident of signing at least one major player.

no as in jason smith

kite going to canberra

tahu will prolly only go to manly if he moves... hes a newcastle junior.. her wont want to leave...

tate will never leave brisbane where he is loved by qld etc...

canberra seem sure of keeping monaghan.... no chance there

riddell seems destined to stay at st george... parra apparenlty is "too" far from the area he knows.. freken pansy...

so whats the go hey... some one said pritchard.. but iam doubting that too.. esp since he said we'd already signed him... wank wank...

morrison.. no idea.. ive given up.. might have to pick up footy.. see if i go play for parra...charge em 300 like riddell... wont have to give up maccas.. buy my own...

Stagger eel

Staff member
JUST SETTLE DOWN!!!!!!

Just because about 6 of the 120 odd players off contract desided to go else where suddenly we're friggen doomed! and it's Smiths fault again and the worlds gonna end......

We're still over 2 weeks away from the June deadline and now we're concerned that no one will sign with us because suddenly fat boy Riddell doesn't like to travel to Parra......

WHO f**kEN CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats just 300k we can spen on 1 or 2 good young players and Johnny Morris gets more game time while Luke and Witty keep their kicking boots on.

bartman

Immortal
It's called the silly season for a reason... it's all mirrors and fog, rumours and innuendo. :roll:

It will all sort itself out eventually - soon we will know who we have re-signed before June 30, if anyone "publically declared" as available will be signing with us, if any of our players are going to leave.

And don't forget some players may not wish to make announcements they are changing clubs until after their commitments are ended (semis), so it's not all down to that magic June 30 date...

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't think any of the above-mentioned players were "tipped" to come to Parramatta at all. We were just rumoured to be interested in them. Riddell and Orford were the only players i'm aware of that were even offered contracts, and over-priced ones at that, they were always favoured to re-sign with their current clubs. There are plenty of players on the free market, and once June 30 comes around we'll have a chance at signing them.

Parraren

Bench
WTF do we want Jason Smith for? :evil: We don't need injury riddled 32 year old's, they go to Manly.

Settle the F down son. I find it ironic that your name is "HAVEFAITHBOYS" #-o

It's not even June 30.

Freak

Juniors
Anti tampering laws are extremely strict and I would hope that we would be careful enough to not infringe but at the same time not miss the boat.

I think we have made enough of a noise to suggest to players off contract and their managers that we are in a position to be aggressive in the market this year, the only concern I can see is that players may feel they may not get the amount of playing time that they would elsewhere as we have good depth here at the moment especially in the forwards.

The Colonel

Immortal
HAVEFAITHBOYS said:
head, riddell, orford, firman, smith, ... all players who were tipped to come to parra arnt any more...

You should read your statements a little more carefully. They were "tipped" to join but by whom?

Over zealous player managers interested in increasing their share knowing full well Parramatta are well under the cap for 2005?

Supposed "journalists" who like to troll web sites?

Supporters who would like to see changes made in their playing roster?

Or all three?

;-)

Agent Mulder

Bench
William Hung said:
Frank Pritchard won't be at Parra- I asked him if he was going to come on Sunday night at Panthers and he said no.

Like he would tell you if he was anyway :lol: :roll:
Nothing really can be said before June 30 unless they have permission and i dont think Pritchard does.

Thats a dumb comment like that idiot posted up before that he has someone in his class who calls Mark Riddell all the time asking if he is coming to Parramatta. :roll: :roll:

The only player im annoyed about missing out on so far is Matthew Utai,We dont need Orford or Firman,We already have Thorman,Witt and Smith.

William Hung

Juniors
Pritchard does have permission to negotiate so i'd say your comment was dumber.

He was actually a really good bloke- a couple of my mates were talking to him for a while so I went over and said so you coming to Parra next year or what, and he said No mate- and believe mehe was sincere. So i'd be crossing him off he list. I still hold hope for Riddel and co though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
William Hung said:

He was actually a really good bloke- a couple of my mates were talking to him for a while so I went over and said so you coming to Parra next year or what, and he said No mate- and believe mehe was sincere. So i'd be crossing him off he list. I still hold hope for Riddel and co though.

It was reported on 2KY this morning that Souths are the frontrunners for his signature.

Eels Dude

Coach
William Hung said:

No offence mate, but so many people come in here with direct quotes from certain players. Some of them are "scoops". I'd say none of them should be taken with a grain of salt.

William Hung

Juniors
Eels Dude said:
William Hung said:
I'd say none of them should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm guessing you mean 'all' of them should be taken with a grain of salt. Fair enough- I don't believe much I read here either- he could've even been lieing to me, but thats what he said. He seemed like a really honest, shy, Polite, likeable bloke though- if he was talking crap he was putting on a really good act.

We were trying to convinve him to come to Parra and he said "Sorry fellas, it won't be happening"....read into it what you want.

ceselpopajesel

Juniors
This is how i see it. if we have a mill to spend then we should offer morrison and tahu good amounts to come here and let go of muspratt,vella,kativerata,langi,pearson,kaufusi and thorman as these guys have produced nothin.

also just to through out a name but i've been watchin some of the silent type players u could say and one guy from canberra who comes off contract this season that is scoring tries regularly and a very strong defensive winger/ventre is Micheal Robertson. This would be a great buy and for a little cost of 80-100k if that

ceselpopajesel

Juniors
This is how i see it. if we have a mill to spend then we should offer morrison and tahu good amounts to come here and let go of muspratt,vella,kativerata,langi,pearson,kaufusi and thorman as these guys have produced nothin.

also just to through out a name but i've been watchin some of the silent type players u could say and one guy from canberra who comes off contract this season that is scoring tries regularly and a very strong defensive winger/ventre is Micheal Robertson. This would be a great buy and for a little cost of 80-100k if that

Latest posts