What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF Is going on ?

Tiger05

First Grade
Smith is consistent because he is surrounded by players that complement him..it certainly helps anyway..he’s not constantly trying to push shit uphill

Benji contributes to that inconsistency though. He comes up with some howlers alongside some great plays.

WA Tiger

Bench
Benji knows the importance of this game..a good one from him will get the suitors calling..I’m glad he’s got Reynolds by his side..and the young winger might not be asleep next time when a ball comes his way..He’s not playing for the WT this weekend ..and why would he be
(I’m assuming it’s Reynolds..night shift takes time away from me)

WA Tiger

Bench
He’s prob already off to the Broncos anyway -Will to win...He obviously left an impression during his time there

WA Tiger

Bench
Yes, I did.

Though I can't find anything about it?

But good luck to him, if true.
Its management that has expressed interest only..The final decision obviously depends on the coach..But at least he will be in discussions...and with all he has to offer with the state they are in it makes a lot of sense....Anyway like I say Big game for Benji this one
He always bounces back esp when most have given up on him

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I think it would be a mistake for him to play on, IMO it’s really only us that see him as really special, I’d hate to see him end his time in reserve grade.

stryker

First Grade
I think it would be a mistake for him to play on, IMO it’s really only us that see him as really special, I’d hate to see him end his time in reserve grade.
I agree his time is at an end. The game is too quick for him in defence. Attack wise he still has his quick mind and brings a tonne of experience. The bloke has played in 5 finals series, won a premiership, won Trans Tasman Tests, captained his country, won a World Cup, won a golden boot. He is a life member. We should not be forcing him out of the club again.

Tigerm

First Grade
I agree his time is at an end. The game is too quick for him in defence. Attack wise he still has his quick mind and brings a tonne of experience. The bloke has played in 5 finals series, won a premiership, won Trans Tasman Tests, captained his country, won a World Cup, won a golden boot. He is a life member. We should not be forcing him out of the club again.
Your memory is probably better than mine, but I didn’t think he was forced out last time, he just didn’t get what he wanted, then turned up in a rugby jersey? We have offered him a role (coaching I believe). Age catches up with all of us.

super_coach

First Grade
Love to see Benji go around for another year, as long as it is not a the Tigers. Seriously if he could get a gig in a top side he could probably offer plenty, but it’s only the sides on struggle street hoping for a miracle that my throw him a offer, and they need Blake Green style playmakers not Benji style playmakers

Tiger05

First Grade

I'd love him to stay another year and he comes out and plays a couple of blinders for us. The reality is though with our squad we need move forward and it sounds like we need his spot on the roster.

He could choose to go out accepting the clubs decision rather than having to play on. It'd be better for him. He is I think our best ever player and some of his plays are still amazing but the club has to think about long term success.

WA Tiger

Bench
Love to see Benji go around for another year, as long as it is not a the Tigers. Seriously if he could get a gig in a top side he could probably offer plenty, but it’s only the sides on struggle street hoping for a miracle that my throw him a offer, and they need Blake Green style playmakers not Benji style playmakers
I don’t mind that comment..At least it’s constructive and caring sounding (which never hurts) but seems so difficult for some, and may even be somewhere near accurate ..I will miss watching Benji if he stops playing....I would like a good game from him today..He normally plays well against the storm and he knows it..

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
We should not be forcing him out of the club again.
It’s hard to believe isn’t it .I honestly think it will be for the best in the end for Benji ..Any coach closer to the top echelon wouldn’t have found himself in this position by resigning Brooks and just found a way for one of the few genuine greats of the game and WT .It would have been good to see Benji spinning the ball out either side with JAC at fullback/ wing a proper halfback and touch better pack

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Your memory is probably better than mine, but I didn’t think he was forced out last time, he just didn’t get what he wanted, then turned up in a rugby jersey? We have offered him a role (coaching I believe). Age catches up with all of us.
Yeah he didn’t get what he wanted but the problem was he was promised it and then the club reneged on the deal. Pretty dodgy shit going on through those years.
Hopefully he takes up the coaching role. I don’t really want to see him have to leave a second time.

simmo05

Bench
They need to lance the benji boil. Making hard, unpopular decisions is what management is paid for. The roosters speared Pearce, look where that got them. ( admittedly with a much better team) but when the decision was there to be made they made it.

On another note, can you imagine the blow ups if Reynolds and Brooks kill it next year?