What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF is this helicopter doing in South Parramatta?

age.s

First Grade
Anyone here live in South Parra/Merrylands and know what the hell is going on with these helicopters? There's two of them and they've been circling all bloody day. There are no searchlights, but worst of all there's no respite. About once a minute they pass over and it sounds like they're flying just above tree level. Making the whole apartment shake :x

Have they considered that maybe what they're looking for isn't here? They've been at it all day now.

innsaneink

Referee
Yeah Im in Dodge city - well, guildford west.
Blackhawks
Been training the last few days....I see/hear them all day at work too at Meadowbank following the parramatta river course

billy2

Juniors
It was in the news last week.
Defence department exercise with blackhawks in Sydney and Newcastle.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Not sure what you trying to achieve here. The search for the boy's remains are in Queensland.

Perhaps you're trying to get a rise out of people over a child's death?

I think he is more so refering to the fake "live helicopter crosses" at the search site done by channel 9 that were actually just crosses to a reporter Sitting in the chopper on the helipad.

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
I work for ParraSal. The choppers were moving the young salmon from the pens up near the lake to the grow-out pens near Meadowbank.

While the choppers are expensive, the army charters them for less than commercial rates and the blackhawks (and most military choppers - particularly the chinooks) have a bigger lift capacity than other commercial choppers. The quick transfer times vs road transport along Victoria Road means much lower mortality and high yield rates, so is more economical than road transport.

Latest posts