What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF was Hayne trying to do????

SDM

First Grade
I imagine debating club at school these days is 2 kids calling each other geniuss.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i'll stick me hand up and say that i have been one of those annoying merkins that have stuck up for jarryd no matter what.....and that incident is the first time he's lost me.

i just hope looking on the positive, that looking at the replay and realising that he f**ked up on his team mates more than anyone is enough of a rude awakening to get that rubbish out of his game.

CrazyEel

Bench
i'll stick me hand up and say that i have been one of those annoying merkins that have stuck up for jarryd no matter what.....and that incident is the first time he's lost me.

i just hope looking on the positive, that looking at the replay and realising that he f**ked up on his team mates more than anyone is enough of a rude awakening to get that rubbish out of his game.
Yep, that's the key to it, it's not about having a go at Hayne it's simply just part of the learning process and to improve he must learn from mistakes.

Suitman

Post Whore

Yep, that's the key to it, it's not about having a go at Hayne it's simply just part of the learning process and to improve he must learn from mistakes.

That's exactly how I feel.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
This post reeks of Tall Poppy Syndrome.

He buggered it up true. it should have been awarded anyway based on other rulings this year.

but...How would any of you know what he was thinking? Seriously. to accuse him of being a show pony and trying to make it look more spectacular? PLEASE!!

Defensively he was brilliant tonight, he laid on most of our attack, tried his ring out all night and still you all go for the cheap shot...

The Great Australian Epidemic - Cutting down the tall poppy...

Imagine the outcry when he moves to another Club..The wailing and gnashing of teeth...

"Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it"....

Suitman

Post Whore
The Great Australian Epidemic - Cutting down the tall poppy...

Imagine the outcry when he moves to another Club..The wailing and gnashing of teeth...

"Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it"....

Way to exaggerate the ongoing's of a discussion, pete.
I don't see anyone trying to cut him down. IMO, the criticism was justified as he made a very poor judgement call. I think you'd find he might agree, judging by his reaction afterwards.

Suity

CrazyEel

Bench
The only wailing and gnashing of teeth I recall was Pete's when he moved to another club. :lol:

strider

Post Whore
so i don't know if any of you saw the footy show last night, but naughty show-off jarryd was on it and they asked him about this try and he said ... (and I roughly quote) ... I thought it was the winger chasing me and didn't think I had that much room ... also added he thought he'd bombed it but on the replay did think there was separation and they have given those this year

then they asked if he felt bad about it ... and he said ... yeah for about 2 minutes, then we scored another try

yy_cheng

Coach
he also aaid he was feeling more comfortable at 6 now and sorted hinted his earlier reluctance to move was that the back and forth in d was bad for his hammys.

fui was awesome on the show and i feel shack might be out injured when they hit the tackling drills ala ahn do

Kornstar

Coach
so i don't know if any of you saw the footy show last night, but naughty show-off jarryd was on it and they asked him about this try and he said ... (and I roughly quote) ... I thought it was the winger chasing me and didn't think I had that much room ... also added he thought he'd bombed it but on the replay did think there was separation and they have given those this year

then they asked if he felt bad about it ... and he said ... yeah for about 2 minutes, then we scored another try

I think he said "then I set up the next one"

SDM

First Grade
I think he said "then I set up the next one"

Yeah, he did. It really is catch 22, when the players say what they really think, I often find myself thinking; what a wanka, like in this case. But if he plays it more professionally "Yes, I am always disappointed when I let my team mates down etc" then it just comes off as boring and cliche. Not sure which is worse really.

Kornstar

Coach
Yeah, he did. It really is catch 22, when the players say what they really think, I often find myself thinking; what a wanka, like in this case. But if he plays it more professionally "Yes, I am always disappointed when I let my team mates down etc" then it just comes off as boring and cliche. Not sure which is worse really.

I didn't have a problem with it, I'm glad he moved on so quickly, he needs to!

yy_cheng

Coach
at that point in time, you don't want him to linger over it and perform poorly for the rest of the game.

He was a tad selfish. He should've stepped in side. If he was tackled, a try probably would've resulted in the following play the balls. It was an intercept so it was play 1.

But it's done and dusted.

Get over it.

BTW, at 6, he's getting alot of intercepts. Do you think he is predicting what play will happen and just happens to be there?

SDM

First Grade
at that point in time, you don't want him to linger over it and perform poorly for the rest of the game.

He was a tad selfish. He should've stepped in side. If he was tackled, a try probably would've resulted in the following play the balls. It was an intercept so it was play 1.

But it's done and dusted.

Get over it.

BTW, at 6, he's getting alot of intercepts. Do you think he is predicting what play will happen and just happens to be there?

He took a lot of intercepts on the wing too. Good at reading the play I guess. That is one thing he loses at fullback I guess.

Latest posts