What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF was Hayne trying to do????

SDM

First Grade
If my dog looked at me every morning like Hindy looks after every game I would have him put down.

SDM

First Grade
Fishing again SDM ?

fishing07.gif

Yes, fishing for support to help me lynch Hindy and drive him back to his potato farm.

Bigfella

Coach
Yep what a show pony defending the edge, covering weaker defenders inside and out, shepherding the play to the sideline, forcing and taking the intercept, running 80m at full tilt and using his judgment to attempt a try that could easily have been given benefit of the doubt.

Egomaniac cost us the game. Especially when he set up the try in exactly the same spot that led to the scoreline being identical to what it would have been had he finished his purely individual try earlier.

I can see why people aRe singling him out.

I agree with SDM. Where is Hindy saying "Ben smith gave away a crucial error with four to go late in the tackle count and it's the tenth time he's done it this year".

Why does Hindy always have to jump on the blokes who are creative in the team? The dour play is what costs us in these games more than attempting to score points.

We lost that game because we didn't look like scoring a point for twenty to thirty minutes, no other reason.

I'm not going to try to infer things like Hayne didn't care when his try was disallowed or that it wAs purely ego. That's ridiculously unfair.

forward pass

Coach
totally agree , he tries to make everything look spectacular instead of just doing his job.

Yep. Really pissed off with what he tried to do.

Just get the job done Jarryd, instead of trying to end up on every highlights reel.
It's a shame that a kid with so much natural talent, feels the need to have to prove it so often.

Suity

You know what Jarryd should be thinking as he runs towards the corner next time ? What would Luke Burt do right now ?

Completely disagree.
There was no need for his body to be over the sideline when he was diving to ground the ball.
Hayne has an ego issue. Tonight proved that. Head down, dive towards tryline = try. Just look at his reaction. He knew he'd done the wrong thing.

Suity

The only thing holding him back is his ego/attitude.

If what he did tonight was because he thought it'd be cooler then it's pretty obvious he's further off from being the player i think he can be than i thought he was.

Are you guys seriously suggesting that in a must-win match, after taking an intercept and running 75 metres Hayne decided he would do something spectacular to boost his ego and entertain the crowd???

I think Hayne knows how to score a try by now. He thought he was going to get caught and tried to get further away from the chaser and ran out of room.

It was a complete f**k up - that is all it was! I have seen plenty of butchered tries over the years - it just happens.

Gronk

Staff member
Originally Posted by Gronk
You know what Jarryd should be thinking as he runs towards the corner next time ? What would Luke Burt do right now ?

Are you guys seriously suggesting that in a must-win match, after taking an intercept and running 75 metres Hayne decided he would do something spectacular to boost his ego and entertain the crowd???

I think Hayne knows how to score a try by now. He thought he was going to get caught and tried to get further away from the chaser and ran out of room.

It was a complete f**k up - that is all it was! I have seen plenty of butchered tries over the years - it just happens.

What I was saying is that Burt would have found the grass in a less risky manner. At 2m out there was no defender on him.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/par-v-mel/video-e6frf3ou-1226106280077?subcat=1225914677120

The Eels Shed

Juniors
Some of the morons on here confound me...
If we didnt have Hayne, we would be wooden spoon year in and year out. Thats a given.
He had Cooper Gronk looming up on the inside, what do you want him to do, try a regulation dive and have his legs taken over the sideline?, to say that hes trying to showpony is ridiculous. He read the play well took the intercept and was unlucky to score. End of story.
Some fans on here dont know how good we have it that he actually plays for Parra, headbutts and all.

The Eels Shed

Juniors
Completely disagree.
There was no need for his body to be over the sideline when he was diving to ground the ball.
Hayne has an ego issue. Tonight proved that. Head down, dive towards tryline = try. Just look at his reaction. He knew he'd done the wrong thing.

Suity

This. Really? Theres no helping some people.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Can't help but laugh at all the comments, Hayne takes the intercept runs 80m he has Blair running across field, he has a split second to decide what he is going to do dive over the line and risk getting pushed to the sideline or put as much of a gap as he can and attempt the risk move, 9 times out of 10 he pulls off that try.

If Hayne pulls that try off everyone on here will be lining up to jack him up the arse, but because he doesn't it's now he is a show pony and up himself he cost us the game blah blah blah.

Fact remains without Hayne in the side we will be last on the ladder. I would like to see what anyone here would do in a pressure situation like that.

jimmy77au

Juniors
Yep what a show pony defending the edge, covering weaker defenders inside and out, shepherding the play to the sideline, forcing and taking the intercept, running 80m at full tilt and using his judgment to attempt a try that could easily have been given benefit of the doubt.

Egomaniac cost us the game. Especially when he set up the try in exactly the same spot that led to the scoreline being identical to what it would have been had he finished his purely individual try earlier.

I can see why people aRe singling him out.

I agree with SDM. Where is Hindy saying "Ben smith gave away a crucial error with four to go late in the tackle count and it's the tenth time he's done it this year".

Why does Hindy always have to jump on the blokes who are creative in the team? The dour play is what costs us in these games more than attempting to score points.

We lost that game because we didn't look like scoring a point for twenty to thirty minutes, no other reason.

I'm not going to try to infer things like Hayne didn't care when his try was disallowed or that it wAs purely ego. That's ridiculously unfair.

I don't think hindy was singling Him out - didn't he say at 18- Nil up?

From memory, this supposed "Showboating" was when the scoreline was 0-0 - at least, thats what i'm pretty sure the scoreboard said at the time.....

The Eels Shed

Juniors
Hicks would have been tackled as soon as he took the intercept.
Wait, Hicks take an intercept?...
More chance of Inu scoring a try this weekend for the Warriors.

Gronk

Staff member
What I was saying is that Burt would have found the grass in a less risky manner. At 2m out there was no defender on him.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/par-v-mel/video-e6frf3ou-1226106280077?subcat=1225914677120

Well, let's be fair, Burt would've been tackled 35m out by Cooper Cronk.

I think you know that I'm talking about getting over the line in a less risky manner. I never once suggested that Burt was capable of the same run. Burt is old school. Taught to ground the ball in a more conventional manner. Hayne should watch and learn.

Attachments

• burty.jpg
    burty.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1