What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT's seeking a prop

What we need to do next year, is get rid of all the rubbish players floating around at the club, sign up a ORIGIN PROP, and depending on how Dunley and Lazarus handle first grade, a fullback and halfback as well.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
What we need to do next year, is get rid of all the rubbish players floating around at the club, sign up a ORIGIN PROP, and depending on how Dunley and Lazarus handle first grade, a fullback and halfback as well.

Trouble is we cant afford to let them go until their contracts run out. End of 2009 before any major changes- even then thats iffy with Teflon Tim and his mindset.

Trouble is we cant afford to let them go until their contracts run out. End of 2009 before any major changes- even then thats iffy with Teflon Tim and his mindset.

John Morris is off contract, and I think Danny Galea is too, we don't need them so there's plenty of cash right there. If Benji doesn't fire we should consider letting him go and giving Moltzen or Fulton a shot in the 6, because Benji is going to cost a lot to re-sign so we need to ensure he's going to fire, fingers crossed he will.

innsaneink

Referee
O'Hara would hit the line hard, when he got on the park....I still maintain some footwork just before the line would do him the world of good, charging straight at the defense might work in U/12s...but not at top level...he made it easy for the D.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I agree the potential for change is there after another ordeal of a season but I just dont trust Teflon Tim and his "grand plan". Unless he has the blow torch put on him by WT management early in the season and it be publicly known results are what will save him- Teflon will revert to normal and his mind games- no "taps on the shoulder", it will be his hunches that govern things not form or merit.

I reckon Marshall will go at end of 09- probably to union (if his fitness holds up). Agree Morris and Galea will go or be let go of. If I recall from another post I did elsewhere there are 10 players with contracts up at end of 09.

Fui Fui is not the kind of prop we need. We need a prop who plays lots of minutes, and has a high work rate. We have our explosive bench player in the form of Daine Laurie.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Fui Fui is not the kind of prop we need. We need a prop who plays lots of minutes, and has a high work rate. We have our explosive bench player in the form of Daine Laurie.

Yep, they're hard to come by. That is why WT recruitment frustrates me so over the last few years- key positions eg half and props have few really good players available to sign each year and yet, time and time again, it seems as though WT leave it until all the good ones have been snapped up and then say "we are looking for....". For crissakes.

nyx

Juniors
So they've finally decided they need a prop after all the good ones are long gone.

Our recruitment policies really are second to none :lol:

ucantseeme

Juniors
get that bald kumul prop, he had a dig

The guy with the beard, he looked about 50. Let's get his son to play he's only 32. And his son is 16. But seriously, they must have NRL experience before we even consider them.

I read in the Daily Telegraph a few days ago that the Raiders prop Scott Logan is looking for a club but then checked the LU news which says he resigned with the Raiders about a month ago. Grrr...

super_coach

First Grade
We need a quality frontrow with plenty of game time in him, not a bench explosion machine.Rip and tear come grinder style of player, we have missed the boat 2009 so all focus must be on 2010. Although I guess we will do what we always do,enter the market six months after all the stock is sold. Very hard to much faith in our mob when you see what has happened in the past few years

T

Juniors
no let him go last year to the sharks, harrison looked great tonight another one we've let go

westie

Bench
Harrison and Te'o showed more in single international games than Halatau has ever showed in his entire rep career.

Latest posts