What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Network

Patorick

Staff member
Should do better than The WBF, XFL, Tout etc.

Hopefully the shows aren't edited too much (music, commentary etc).

ek999

First Grade
I heard that only music may be edited due to licencing restrictions. Everything else will be unedited

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I heard that only music may be edited due to licencing restrictions. Everything else will be unedited

Awww damn, that's one thing that annoys me about the DVD versions of old events, when the likes of Demolition just get some crappy generic rock theme instead of their awesome theme that I loved from back in the day. Really gives the nostalgia buzz a bit of a hit.

But anywho, I'll probably get in on this for the historical content alone, and being able to watch all the current PPV's live (current TV provider doesn't do them) without being a dodgy choppy stream is bonus.

I would hope the subscription is cheap 'cos my internet bill would be where the real money skyrockets, haha.

I haven't read the nitty gritty details of how access to this will work - will there be the possibility to have one subscription but having multiple people (e.g. share password with friends) using it? I'm sure they'd have looked into measures to prevent that, but if I can split a subscription with a mate then I'd probably go that route.

Last edited:

afinalsin666

First Grade
And i'm on. Used Hola to access it, i don't think you need it.

Used my name and address for over here, just changed the state to Cali and the zip to 90210 because i'm a lazy merkin. Turned off Hola to watch, and it works beautifully. Gorgeous quality, about to watch WM X7.

I'll keep checking the shit out and updating and such. Works out to $11.54 aud, paid with paypal. Not entirely sure it will work using a credit card, although it is entirely possible it might.

Parra Pride

Coach
Bad News Barrett told me I'd go homeless because I'd be too busy watching all the great content on the WWE network that I'd lose my job, so I'm now kind of hesitant to try it.

afinalsin666

First Grade
BnB is badass. He's right though, I can see myself losing many hours to this.

Minutes after I posted everything went to shit, thought it was gonna go full Sim city for a bit there. Seemed to have lucked out though, working pretty well now. Watching angle and Benoit ATM, didn't get the warning they were talking about. Not phased though.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I don't even really watch raw or smackdown - if something really interesting happens, WWE's youtube channel most likely has it.

ek999

First Grade
Any idea if this is select content or if it is every raw and smackdown? I would love to be able to go back and watch every raw is war during the attitude era (and monday nitro as well)

At least for the moment it is a best of according to the PS3 store. Not sure whether that would change.

24/7 streaming content with both scheduled programming and an on-demand library that you can access everywhere
All 12 WWE live Pay-Per-Views - including WrestleMania
Groundbreaking original series, reality shows and documentaries
The most comprehensive video on demand library featuring all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views and classic matches uncut and uncensored
The Best of Raw and SmackDown episodes
http://us.playstation.com/wwe-network/

People using this in Australia ok? Might give it a look tonight and see if I can get it on my PS3.

MattYg1

Bench
Link to website http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork

Hopefully Unblock-Us adds support for the WWE website too then as I may be interested. Hopefully Australian sports will get in on the act soon.

Got it working through Unblock Us last night... Seems like there isn't a lot of content just yet but that may be thanks to Apple TV... Unfortunately I can't set up the VPN on my iPad...

ek999

First Grade
You can use Unblock-Us on your iPad too if you are on a WiFi network. Just need to change the DNS Servers to theirs

Special K

Coach
I got it working through Apple TV. It's fantastic

Anyone know when they plan do doing the uploads of recent shows?

Parra Pride

Coach
What are the usage rates like on this? As long as it's cheaper than the PPVs are over Foxtel (which it should be) I'll definitely be signing up, but depending on how much of my cap it uses I may only use it for the PPVs, and the odd old show here or there.

Latest posts