What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE NXT Superthread **Spoilers**

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Bye bye ECW, hello WWE NXT.

What do people think of the idea?

For those who don't know it looks like WWE NXT will feature a whole new cast of characters exclusive to the show (Basically development talent).

What this means is that the current ECW roster will either be distributed between Raw and Smackdown or we'll be seeing quite a few "we wish (insert wrestle name) all the best".

Sounds like a very good idea, would much rather see up and commers rather then disgraceful misuse of the ECW brand.

ECW Vince's biggest flop since XFL?

Who from ECW will not get future endeavored
-Regal
-Ezekiel
-Benjamin
-Ryder (With Rosa)
-Christian
-Tatsu
Are the only ones I think are assured of staying with a job

-Croft
-Barretta
-Archer
-Abe Washington (probably will get a gig as a GM)
Are 50/50 bets

-Goldust
-Hurricane
-Kozlov
-Reks
Better hope for the best

Then the staff
-Tiffany would probably get a job, she can't be any worse than several of the current divas in the ring
-Josh Matthews would go back to his weekly interviews with John Cena on Raw (LADIES AND GENTLEMEN PLEASE WELCOME MY GUEST AT THIS TIME, JOHN CENA)
-Savannah will probably be future endeavored, there isn't too much demand for announcers, but I guess she could stay on NXT
-Saxton would probably get a backstage interview role or become a valet or something, but he would probably get to stay, maybe as a color commentator for NXT

Barretta and Croft suck badly.

Haven't seen much of them, but they don't look that bad in the ring. I just find it hard to believe that the WWE would put them on TV less than 2 months before they fire them. Honestly, I can't see them doing much at all though, I can't see them beating DX, SES, Legacy, Hart Dynasty or even Cryme Tyme. They'll probably just be a jobber tag team, in fact, the whole ECW roster minus Christian will probably wind up jobbing out.

Parra Steve

Juniors
Id say Christian, Regal, Jackson, Shelton would be the ones to go, perhaps in the Draft.

Hurricane should go to smackdown so Punk can 'save' him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
They're terrible on the mic, have no charisma and are bland and generic in the ring imo.

After watching TNA and the tag teams they can boast (Generation ME, MCMG, LAX when they were around, hell - even Lethal Consequences), Barretta and Croft just make me cringe.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Good riddance. The fact it was being called 'ECW" was an insult to everything the original ECW had stood for.

Big Pete

Referee
Good riddance. The fact it was being called 'ECW" was an insult to everything the original ECW had stood for.

Not so sure about that.

'WWECW' reinvented wrestlers just like the original ECW did and always focussed on the wrestling. The only difference is WWE's version didn't have to rely on hardcore wrestling (which can be seen as a plus), didn't have the mind of Heyman (that was a major difference, Heyman is a genius) and the production of WWECW was much better.

Gotta feel for the original ECW guys that gave it a shot, deadset they must feel like they have been repeatedly raped by Vince and then thrown a few bucks as a consolation........

Have any ECW/WCW guys done anything in the WWE off the top of my head I can think of none.

Big Pete

Referee
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Chris Jericho
Big Show
Steve Austin
Mick Foley
Kevin Nash
Dudley Boyz
Rey Mysterio
Sid Vicious
Lex Lugar
Ric Flair
Finlay
William Regal
Tajiri
Bill Goldberg
Dustin Rhodes
Rob Van Dam
Marc Mero

Misanthrope

Staff member
'WWECW' reinvented wrestlers just like the original ECW did and always focussed on the wrestling. The only difference is WWE's version didn't have to rely on hardcore wrestling (which can be seen as a plus), didn't have the mind of Heyman (that was a major difference, Heyman is a genius) and the production of WWECW was much better.

Sure, it did a lot of good for a lot of guys, but ECW was more about hardcore wrestling and pushing the envelope than it was about reinventing guys. The show could have achieved exactly the same without mis-using the ECW name.

Misanthrope

Staff member

Sure, it did a lot of good for a lot of guys, but ECW was more about hardcore wrestling and pushing the envelope than it was about reinventing guys. The show could have achieved exactly the same without mis-using the ECW name.

Moffo

Referee
Not so sure about that.

with respect, that is bollocks. WWECW was a third tier show that largely attracted the dropkicks that couldn't make raw/smackdown. the matches were short, boring and sterile. The 'angles' were almost always awful and very predictable

sure the production was better, but at what price.

btw, some of the names on your list are a bit of a stretch. depends what you mean though, i'm not sure 'reinvented' is the right description

Big Pete

Referee

Hardcore matches just don't have the same luster as they used to.

Besides, it was good business to use the ECW name.

The E could've done a better job of it though, but it's not as bad as some people make it out to be.

Big Pete

Referee
with respect, that is bollocks. WWECW was a third tier show that largely attracted the dropkicks that couldn't make raw/smackdown. the matches were short, boring and sterile. The 'angles' were almost always awful and very predictable

sure the production was better, but at what price.

btw, some of the names on your list are a bit of a stretch. depends what you mean though, i'm not sure 'reinvented' is the right description

Wasn't ECW a third rate company that attracted the exact same kind of dropkicks?

That right there told me all I needed to know. You didn't watch the show.

That was the list of WCW/ECW guys who did something at the E.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Wasn't ECW a third rate company that attracted the exact same kind of dropkicks?

Except it generally turned a good portion of its dropkicks into real stars. WWECW did push some guys, but none of them have really become massive stars. It was also about using a guy's strengths and disguising his weaknesses. WWECW was more about teaching guys to work WWE style.