What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Rehires the Masterpiece

griffo346

First Grade
More on WWE/Chris Masters rehiring
» Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
» On Sunday, June 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM EST

As reported on earlier, former WWE star Chris Masters was hired back by the company recently and had a meeting with Vince McMahon at the TV tapings a few weeks ago in Los Angeles, CA. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the rehiring of Masters was recommended by Randy Orton. This rehiring started lots of discussion within the company with many wondering how his new deal applies in regards to previous violations with the company's Wellness policy. Masters violated the drug testing policy twice and was fired in late 2007 over his second violation, which is something normally done when a third violation takes place. Whether or not he will start with a clean slate remains to be seen. If he does it creates an interesting situation on how it applies for someone like Jeff Hardy who might be leaving the company for a while when his deal expires and already has two strikes going against him.

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1245007226.php?style=dark

DB

First Grade
I actually like this signing.... I hate him at first, but he grew on me. Plus its the return of the greatest ring entrance ever. :p

I think this shows that Randy Orton has a lot of stroke at the moment. First he had the ability to get Ken Kennedy fired, now he gets his mate Chris Masters back into the fold.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I was a big fan of Masters right from the moment he crushed Stevie Richards' face in his debut match. I thought they dropped the ball on him completely by having all and sundry break his Masterlock - which they'd spent months building up as a match finishing submission hold.

I bet he will be barely ripped at all now, every time he returned from suspension he was smaller. I liked him, but he needs more to him than just the masterlock.

maelgwnau

Juniors
i just seen a picture of him that was taken a few days ago and he is no where near as big as he was

IanG

Coach
The wellness policy bullsh*t anyway. It was a kneejerk reaction to the deaths of Eddie Gurearo and Chris Benoit anyway. I might take it a bit more seriously if the likes of Triple H or another headliner gets suspended. rather than midcarders being used as skapegoats to make the WWE look like they're doing something pro active.

Raider_69

Post Whore
they killed the masterpeice when they whored his masterlock out to anyone just as it had gained cred as a serious finisher

Hanscholo

Bench
Was never a fan, not his fault tbh...they endless weekly masterlock challenge sh*t drove me up the wall, then, they pissed it away. WWE need to sack their writers.

how come kennedy was fired????!?? how did orton manage that? kennedy was one of there best!!

and where is jeff hardy going? he only came back a few years ago, why is he off again!

AND WHY DOES WWE HAVE TO CONTINUE THE SAME STUPID STORYLINES OVER AND OVER! i have written way better storylines, NEIGHBOURS AND HOME AND AWAY COULD DO BETTER!

zombie jesus

Staff member
Story/rumour going around the wrestling sites is his contract expires around the end of the month and he won't be signing a new one any time soon, may stay on for Summerslam for the big pay day before taking time off.

PARANoIR

Bench
Rumours are rife that Jeff Hardy is as good as gone. Thus why he's in all the Main Event's at the moment because Vince is trying to cash in on the back of him as much as possible before he leaves.

Sparky 74

Juniors
i would like to see a masters/swagger team up or have masters join the legacy as the hired muscle ,

maybe have him claim that he is the son of a passed legend

Latest posts