What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Royal Rumble 2011 *SPOILERS*

Bulldog Force

Referee
More isn't always bad, but when it gets to a point that 2 people are doing something and the rest are just lying around for half an hour, it's a bit ridiculous. 2009 was a woeful rumble, yet 2007 was good and both had excessive amounts of wrestlers in the ring at certain times.
Yeah as long as it's utilised correctly. I love it when you see 2 wrestlers helping each other out, then one just has a brain explosion and suddenly attacks the other wrestler out of no where :lol: The rumble is IMO the most entertaining of all the PPV events.

Are the intervals still going to be 90 seconds? with 38 intervals of 90 seconds, it's going to take almost an hour for all 40 superstars to actually enter the ring, so the Rumble will probably go for well over an hour (usually goes for 20 minutes after the last superstar enters, looking at around 1 hour 15-20 minutes), I guess it keeps the meaningless filler matches off the undercard (just have the 2 world titles and the divas titles along with the rumble on the card and it should easily run long enough).

Big Pete

Referee
I know that you & I have different views on what makes a rumble great. You like it with fewer wrestlers in the ring, whereas I love bodies and battered carcasses all over the place with hardly any room to move :lol:

MM basically summed up my points but just to point out I like it when the Rumble is filled with 8 guys brawling, not 2 guys slowly staggering towards each other with 2 main eventers and 4 jobbers occupying the mat. Honestly, why did Knox stay in the Rumble THAT long if there wasn't any point to it?

I mean, a Rumble should literally be non-stop action with a lot of spots flying at you, with decent story telling thrown in for good measure. Sure you could have a rest break, that is if it makes sense, but in 2009 it just seemed like a waste of time and sorry to repeat myself it served no purpose.

Speaking of past Rumbles, trying to speed through all the old Rumbles, starting with 99 which for some reason I had a hankering to see and I got to say this years Rumble truly has potential to do better than 1999 and 2000 easily, heck even 2003 (haven't watched 2002 yet, can't find 2001) wasn't THAT great. Really those rumbles seemed to be about 4 key moments and that was that, the rest was just random brawling.

But was definitely surprised to discover two things.

- The WWE is trying really hard to bury Chyna. They made the point Beth Phoinex was the first diva to eliminate a wrestler. Not true, Chyna has eliminated 2 men in her Rumble career (Mark Henry in 1999 and Chris Jericho in 2000).

- Rikishi was flipping awesome in the 2000 Rumble. Eliminated 7 guys and had the best spot in the rumble doing the dance off with Too Cool.

Oh and I know I said 2 but seriously some of the jobbers I've seen..Tiger Ali Singh, Golga, Kurgan, Gillberg, Mosh, Bill De Mott, B-2 and Chris Nowvinski (that's who Novak reminds me of!) it's just a who's who of stars who really amounted to little in the E and all these complaints about jobbers competing in this years Rumble seem to be misguided, the Rumble is generally a jobber/mid-carders paradise. Hopefully Zach Ryder does them proud, Woo Woo You Know It.

Finally my rundown of the favourites
CM Punk - New winner, top heel in the company and sets up an eventual feud with either Cena or Orton. (or both)

John Cena - Biggest name in PW and his popularity justifies another win, sets up Orton or Punk for the title at Mania.

Alberto Del Rio - Is the only one hyping it up, which kind of leads me to believe he's a red hearing, or maybe that assessment in itself is a red herring. I'm beginning to feel like the guy from the Princess Bride, regardless he's a chance, new winner and sets up a match against Edge which would be fresh. Maybe a tad green.

John Morrison - Is the guy I will be rooting for. Sure he's still rough around the edges and doesn't seem to co-operate well with the writers but he seems to be on this wave of momentum that justifies a PPV main event slot. Probably not Mania's but I'm sure they could add Orton into the mix alongside The Miz to ensure the match is of interest to the casual market.

Wade Barrett - New face and sets up a huge Smackdown main event against Edge.

Christian - Long shot, but if he returns early and the E are stumped he's a guy who has a history with Edge that can easily be made into a feud and he can be trusted to deliver a high calibre co-main event.

Last edited:
Big Pete, never EVER belittle Gillberg and his contribution to the WWF. Longest reigning Light Heavyweight Champion and the greatest entrance ever (sparklers and a fire extinguisher, what's not to love!)

Pete, the 2002 rumble was pretty meh, although Mr Perfect got a freaking massive pop, both when he entered and hit the perfectplex on Angle, for the most part it was a midcarders rumble, the whole way through only 3 people were going to win it, but all the other big names came in at the end.

2001 was one of my favourites, if you like masked Kane, you will enjoy that rumble.

Big Pete

Referee

#-o

Big Pete, never EVER belittle Gillberg and his contribution to the WWF. Longest reigning Light Heavyweight Champion and the greatest entrance ever (sparklers and a fire extinguisher, what's not to love!)
:lol: I actually felt guilty for including ol' Gillberg, partly because it was his gimmick to be a jobber and like Goldberg it was all about the entrance. Consider him stricken.

Cheers MM, I only caught the first ten minutes but the start seems a little slow. Rikishi, Goldust and Bossman? Not exactly pace setters. I'll try and watch it and 2004 by the weekend.

jc155776

Coach
2002 was my first and favourite rumble.

If only for the most roided up you will ever see Triple H.

He came back from that quad injury absolutely f**king massive.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
yea Trips was huge... 01 rumble was good 1. masked kane destroying everyone and 2 Drew carey handing kane cash not to kill him

RedVDave

First Grade
yea Trips was huge... 01 rumble was good 1. masked kane destroying everyone and 2 Drew carey handing kane cash not to kill him

I loved the 2001 Rumble easily one of the best I'll never forget the Al Snow and Raven spot and the return of The Honky Tonk man! lol

Last edited:

Eddie Lab

Juniors
love the Royal Rumble, so much that I have "Royal Rumble: the complete Anthology 1988 - 2007" which has been so much fun to watch: )

Dont be surprised with 40 in rumble they go back to the old days, where people who already competed on the card backed up in the rumble, which could see a screw job in a title match might see Orton lose because Riley interferes, he enters rumble and wins it

There will probably only be 2 world title matches, and a divas match before the rumble. The 40 man match will take up the bulk of the PPV.

Parra Pride

Referee
Dont be surprised with 40 in rumble they go back to the old days, where people who already competed on the card backed up in the rumble, which could see a screw job in a title match might see Orton lose because Riley interferes, he enters rumble and wins it

People who competed in a world title match to my knowledge never backed up in a Rumble match, the only time I can remember it happening is Angle taking someone out and stealing their spot.

Bulldog Force

Referee
The rumble will go for about 1hr20' should they enter every 90 seconds... in which case they can have 4 bouts prior.

They had 4 matches prior last year when the rumble was one of the shortest ones ever, (unless you count a 20 minute Diva squash as a match). Even then some of the title matches were too short, it won't happen that way again.

Bulldog Force

Referee
If superstars cut promos etc and they have all these time-wasting stupid segments, then I think only those 3 titles mentioned will get defended! Still, would be good to see the IC or US title get defended!

Latest posts