What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Misanthrope

Staff member
Why did the WWE decide to go ahead with Mania?

Do they still have a few PPV providers they need to provide content for? If so, you'd think said PPV providers would prefer to wait and have a more marketable show instead of what has come across as a thrown together house show at points.

That "tag title ladder match" and the Goldberg v Braun match had no on-air buildup whatsoever. Yesterday's Smackdown literally made no mention of the changed match, despite Mania being filmed ahead of Smackdown.

Valheru

Coach

Do they still have a few PPV providers they need to provide content for? If so, you'd think said PPV providers would prefer to wait and have a more marketable show instead of what has come across as a thrown together house show at points.

That "tag title ladder match" and the Goldberg v Braun match had no on-air buildup whatsoever. Yesterday's Smackdown literally made no mention of the changed match, despite Mania being filmed ahead of Smackdown.

To be fair to them they are in an impossible position.

Their whole business is built on people going to arenas to watch wrestling, TV stations paying to broadcast wrestling and people paying to watch wrestling either via PPV or the network.

People obviously can't attend wrestling at the moment so they need to produce weekly content for the broadcasters as well as original content for the PPV providers and the network subscribers to keep the money coming in.

I can't blame them for kicking on.

If the reports are true only one person was 100% on pushing ahead with the show. Have a guess who that was. Hint: his son is the best wrestler in th world.

Valheru

Coach
I couldn't call it the worst ever, they delivered about as best they could given the circumstances.

4, 9 and 11 at a bare minimum remain lower on the list for me.

It was a bit of a disaster but had some good stuff on there. There is only so much you can do with no crowd noise. If nothing else the Boneyard match and Funhouse matches were a lot of fun.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I quite liked the Boneyard match, but the Funhouse match was a bit up its own ass for my liking.

Still, both of them were infinitely superior to the God awful title matches that headlined.

Is anyone loving the dark side of the ring as much as me? Total wrestling mark, but that aside, the quality of these documentaries is great

just sat down to watch brawl for all

Latest posts