What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

shiznit

Coach
I’ve been in and out of WWF/E for years…

but I gotta be honest… this period at the moments seems like a pretty special time…

I feel like things are booming right now… I’m interested to hear the opinion of fans who have been more locked in with it than I have…

Chyna wasn't welcomed back due to her lifestyle which was something they didn't want to give attention to thorugh the PG era.

Savage - yep he is the obvious one that came to my mind as well

I don't think ti is fair to say Vince doesn't allow the return of those he falls out with. Hunter may have got warrior back for the HoF but Vince let him back twice prior to that in 1992 and 1996. Vince also let Hogan back in 2003 and Hogan testified against him in federal court in 1994.

Im not saying Vince won’t have them back, usually it’s the other guy who doesn’t want to return. Trips usually operates as a go between to make these happen.

Your point on Chyna is definitely true, although it’s hard to imagine her coming back at all, even for a hall of fame induction. Savage could have returned by now had he not passed, although it is still probably a long shot. His case is based in rumours which as has been established, one party is dead and the other won’t talk.

The beef with Punk/Hunter is probably significantly less than those two, but to me it always felt like a long shot. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Crazy that we are 2 months from the next PPV, surely they don’t throw him in the rumble as his first match, nor will they put it on free tv.

Valheru

Coach
Im not saying Vince won’t have them back, usually it’s the other guy who doesn’t want to return. Trips usually operates as a go between to make these happen.

Your point on Chyna is definitely true, although it’s hard to imagine her coming back at all, even for a hall of fame induction. Savage could have returned by now had he not passed, although it is still probably a long shot. His case is based in rumours which as has been established, one party is dead and the other won’t talk.

The beef with Punk/Hunter is probably significantly less than those two, but to me it always felt like a long shot. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Crazy that we are 2 months from the next PPV, surely they don’t throw him in the rumble as his first match, nor will they put it on free tv.
Don't think they will throw him in the rumble, my assumption is he will challenge Seth for the title

shiznit

Coach
Punk with a fire promo on Smackdown… lol

I actually think WWE has a slight issue with too many over babyfaces at the moment.

with Cody, LA Knight, Seth, Sami, KO and now Randy & Punk all super over…

The shrinking Bloodline & The Judgement day with Drew might not be enough… I can see they are manufacturing Escobar and Lashley but the crowd are still cheering for Lashley and I’m not sure they really care about Escobar yet…

I think a punk or Randy Orton heel turn before Mania will be the one..

What’s everyones early prediction for WM40?

Roman vs Cody to Main Event Day 2
Rawlins vs Punk to Main Event Day 1
Jimmy vs Jey
Gunther vs Brock for the IC
Logan Paul vs LA Knight for the US Title
Priest and Balor vs Randy and KO for the Tags
Sami vs Drew
Rhea vs Jade Cargill for the Woman’s HW belt
Iyo Sky vs Bailey for the Woman’s Universal belt…

lol…. Lotta guessing this far out…

Rhea vs Becky
Jade vs Charlotte
Iyo vs Bianca
LA Knight vs Logan Paul
Gunther vs Brock
KO vs Theory
Jimmy vs Jey
Cody vs Roman
Seth vs Punk
Sami vs Drew

fill the rest in with what’s working, but you can never have too much over talent. There’ll be a few multi team tags matches. It’s a deep roster at the moment, so they have plenty of options.

The last time I was into it, every babyface sucked, even if they turned a cool heel babyface, he'd become bland af soon after.

Now I'm back into it again for the past year and the babyfaces are awesome now.

I think HHH is running shit these days, he is f**king killing it. WWE is the best it's been since around 2001.

Roman apparently not coming to Perth. With the WA gov throwing huge money to bring the Rock in, will be interesting to see what happens. The general thought was Rock vs Roman in Perth then Roman vs Cody II at mania. Could be Rock vs Roman at mania now. Not sure where that leaves Cody. Obviously Rock vs Roman could always happen at Backlash.

I would be very surprised if Punk doesn’t win the rumble. Punk vs Seth to main event night 1 of mania with Punk to face Drew in Perth.

It is nice to see a lot of options on the table as opposed to an inevitable outcome with an old man telling you to eat what you’re given. HHH being a wrestler himself knows how to manage talent. If fans wanted an alternative to the current plan Vince used to bury that alternative whereas Trips can give the alternative option something good to do.

Wizardman

First Grade
I just saw the rocks wwe segment that was filmed on New Years Day. Looking at the way he delivers lines compared to every other wrestler on the roster is truly chalk and cheese. He is still brilliant.

Imagine being told 3 years ago that the final 2 in the royal rumble would be Cody and Punk (with Roman still champ). Surprised they went the way they did. Although Roman’s Reign has been going on for 3 and a half years, to me Rollins vs Punk is the money match.

Also shocked Bayley won, I felt like they were going for a 6 woman tag for mania (Banks, Bayley & Naomi vs Damage CTRL), I guess with Charlotte out long term the only other way they could go for the women’s title on smackdown is Belair vs Jade who may not be at that level yet.

shiznit

Coach
Imagine being told 3 years ago that the final 2 in the royal rumble would be Cody and Punk (with Roman still champ). Surprised they went the way they did. Although Roman’s Reign has been going on for 3 and a half years, to me Rollins vs Punk is the money match.

Also shocked Bayley won, I felt like they were going for a 6 woman tag for mania (Banks, Bayley & Naomi vs Damage CTRL), I guess with Charlotte out long term the only other way they could go for the women’s title on smackdown is Belair vs Jade who may not be at that level yet.
Punk was my pick for the men’s because of the Punk v Seth feud. Cody v Roman could still have happened without him winning the rumble. But with Cody pretty much calling his shot at Roman straight out of the gate and now with Seth’s injury I’d say the men’s elimination chamber will be for the shot at Seth for the main event of night 1 of WM which Punk will win IMO.

As for the Woman’s I was pretty sure Bailey was gonna win. She was my pick. You can already see they are playing up a divide between her and the rest of damage control… and she’s starting to get the babyface pop from the fans now… I think its been pretty obvious for awhile now they are going to turn on her and she will take on Iyo for the title at WM.

the interesting thing will be Rhea… she really hasn’t had anyone to seriously challenge her as she’s too powerful… I think Jade Cargill could be that challenge maybe? If she wins the woman’s chamber?

Punk was my pick for the men’s because of the Punk v Seth feud. Cody v Roman could still have happened without him winning the rumble. But with Cody pretty much calling his shot at Roman straight out of the gate and now with Seth’s injury I’d say the men’s elimination chamber will be for the shot at Seth for the main event of night 1 of WM which Punk will win IMO.

As for the Woman’s I was pretty sure Bailey was gonna win. She was my pick. You can already see they are playing up a divide between her and the rest of damage control… and she’s starting to get the babyface pop from the fans now… I think its been pretty obvious for awhile now they are going to turn on her and she will take on Iyo for the title at WM.

the interesting thing will be Rhea… she really hasn’t had anyone to seriously challenge her as she’s too powerful… I think Jade Cargill could be that challenge maybe? If she wins the woman’s chamber?
I feel like Rhea vs Becky will be the mania match. Becky was my pick to win, they’ve gone out of their way to keep them apart until this week, and it’s definitely the money match. I guess we could see Banks/Naomi vs Sane/Asuka for the women’s tag titles (as the former never officially lost them). Have to say that the mania scene is looking stacked.

shiznit

Coach
I feel like Rhea vs Becky will be the mania match. Becky was my pick to win, they’ve gone out of their way to keep them apart until this week, and it’s definitely the money match. I guess we could see Banks/Naomi vs Sane/Asuka for the women’s tag titles (as the former never officially lost them). Have to say that the mania scene is looking stacked.
I’m pretty sure Banks will be heading to AEW.

Rhea v Becky would definitely work… the only thing Is I think Rhea will be putting her title on the line in the elimination chamber. You’d think they would have to as the event is pretty much been built around her homecoming.

So you’d have to figure out a way to insert Becky into the EC without her looking weak because i doubt they would end Rhea’s year long reign a month before WM and in Australia….

I’m pretty sure Banks will be heading to AEW.

Rhea v Becky would definitely work… the only thing Is I think Rhea will be putting her title on the line in the elimination chamber. You’d think they would have to as the event is pretty much been built around her homecoming.

So you’d have to figure out a way to insert Becky into the EC without her looking weak because i doubt they would end Rhea’s year long reign a month before WM and in Australia….

I think you have Becky miss the PPV because Rhea attacks her. Or they’ll do the 2012 Jericho elimination. I think the EC card will be something like

Rhea vs Indi vs Liv vs Nia vs Natalya vs Piper
Cody vs Jimmy/Solo (Typical singles match the rumble winner gets at this show. Decent star power with the 2 Aussies throw in there)
Iyo vs Belair (maybe throw in Jade for some variety)
Rock vs Roman (WA govt apparently throwing huge money to have the Rock show up if he won’t then throw one of the guys in the 4 way in)
KO vs Waller (gives Waller a hometown pop, KO probably faces Theory at mania)
Punk vs Drew vs Sami vs Balor vs Jey vs Priest for a shot at Seth (would have Gunther there if his visa allows it but I don’t think he can leave the states)

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
That PPV all felt a bit meh for me honestly.

FTR, I don't watch WWE programming, but keep up to date with the results, and Ill often watch highlights. Decided to watch the Rumble PPV, as I do every year.

Womens Rumble was pretty good, although I thought Bayley was the obvious choice to win. Especially as they kept drilling on that shes the one in Damage Control without any gold, and that the Rumble is the one thing that's alluded her in her career. Lynch and Morgan were the only real contenders. Cargill looks to be a beast, and a program with Rhea would be good to see. Thought Chesea Green was hilarious. Ivy Nile impressed me as well.

They've really dropped the ball on Baszler. I remember a couple of years ago, she was a unit. Dominating the Rumble and the EC, now, she lasted what? 10 minutes?. Also LOL @ the commentary spoiling Nia's return by calling Niven as Nia, then Nia comes out.

As for the mens.
Where was the surprises? Where was the legends? I honestly thought we'd see someone like X-pac in at number 6 (Syxx) or even a Zak Ryder. No Solo in the rumble either?
As soon as Jey was 1, you just knew they'd do Jimmy at two. Breakker was booked well, as was Dirty Dom. No Kofi spot.
Again, all too predictable. I literally was calling the last 6 and who was going out next ie Priest isn't gonna win, he has MITB, ooh they have 2 big dominant heels against 2 smaller baby faces, the heels are going out next, McIntyre won't win because AFAIK he is out of contract soon, Gunter won't win because he has the IC title. When it came down to Punk and Rhodes, it was difficult to call but the way they were countering and hitting finishes, it just seemed like Rhodes was being set up to win. Also they mentioned a couple of times that it's been 25 years since someones gone back to back. Punk was blowing out his arse too!
Pat Macafee was obviously entering, the moment he was added to commentary. Pardon my ignorance, but I don't know wtf he actually is, or what business he has being a semi regular in ring guest person. But what a waste of a spot considering no legends.

It'll be interesting to see what they do now with Reigns. Rhodes is going for Roman, but Rock is meant to be going for the head of the table.
Potentially, could we see Reigns have 2 matchs at Mania? Night 1 against Cody, Night 2 against Rock

I reckon Rock will level the playing field when The Bloodline try and interfere in the Reigns vs Rhodes match, which will set up a "Head of the Table" match at Backlash (or whatever the PPV is after WM).

So coming out of the RR, I'm guessing we will have at WrestleMania:

- Reigns vs Rhodes
- Punk vs Rollins
- Bayley vs Ripley
- Gunther vs Zayn
- Paul vs Owens

I'm not sure about the men's or women's Tag Titles or the other Women's Title. Bayley could go after Sky as the group ignored Bayley after the Kabuki Warriors retained their titles, to reinforce Bayley as the leader of Damage CTRL.

I reckon Rock will level the playing field when The Bloodline try and interfere in the Reigns vs Rhodes match, which will set up a "Head of the Table" match at Backlash (or whatever the PPV is after WM).

So coming out of the RR, I'm guessing we will have at WrestleMania:

- Reigns vs Rhodes
- Punk vs Rollins
- Bayley vs Ripley
- Gunther vs Zayn
- Paul vs Owens

I'm not sure about the men's or women's Tag Titles or the other Women's Title. Bayley could go after Sky as the group ignored Bayley after the Kabuki Warriors retained their titles, to reinforce Bayley as the leader of Damage CTRL.
First 2 I agree with the rest probably will be

Bayley vs Iyo
Rhea vs Becky
Paul vs LA Knight
KO vs Theory
Jimmy vs Jey
Escobar vs Rey

shiznit

Coach
Punk did his tricep so likely out of WM.

So TBH I wouldn’t mind seeing Gunter vs Rollins at WM with Gunter going over.

I think he would be a FANTASTIC heel champion.

BennyV

Referee
I don't know who the f**k Jade Cargill is or where she came from. But she is a f**king megastar. Massive pop, strolls to the ring like the owns the place, squares up to Jax (who's been booked like a monster of late, including in the rumble) and casually picks her up and launches her like a f**king cruiserweight! Machine. HHH has got a good one there!

Womens Rumble was great. Naomi returning was a good moment (although her opening with Natalia was rusty), some good performances from that TNA champ and some of the NXT women. Liv coming back was cool, she's such a babe. Bayley vs Iyo will be a really good story going into WM. Interested to see who faces Mami at WM.

Men's match - eh. Either Punk or Rhodes winning worked, not much else to write home about. Would have liked to see Andrade do more though.

BennyV

Referee
They've really dropped the ball on Baszler. I remember a couple of years ago, she was a unit. Dominating the Rumble and the EC, now, she lasted what? 10 minutes?
She should never have lost to Becky at WM a few years back. She was so dominant before that and never really recovered. Becky also gained nothing from it since we went on maternity leave a month later and gave up the title anyway.

I don't know who the f**k Jade Cargill is or where she came from. But she is a f**king megastar. Massive pop, strolls to the ring like the owns the place, squares up to Jax (who's been booked like a monster of late, including in the rumble) and casually picks her up and launches her like a f**king cruiserweight! Machine. HHH has got a good one there!

Womens Rumble was great. Naomi returning was a good moment (although her opening with Natalia was rusty), some good performances from that TNA champ and some of the NXT women. Liv coming back was cool, she's such a babe. Bayley vs Iyo will be a really good story going into WM. Interested to see who faces Mami at WM.

Men's match - eh. Either Punk or Rhodes winning worked, not much else to write home about. Would have liked to see Andrade do more though.

Jade was signed from AEW around Summerslam. She’s green as all hell so has spent a ton of time in the performance centre training. They’re playing the long game with her though.

Surely they do Mami vs Lynch. With Punk out that probably main events night 1.