What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

mozza91

Coach
Watched abit of Raw today. Trish Stratus has had that much plastic surgery she barely looks human anymore. Surely aging gracefully is a better option.

shiznit

Coach
Trips has an interesting conundrum on his hands… I don’t think I see anyone as over organically as LA Knight is at the moment.

they should be pushing him now and have him win MITB but the way he’s been booked says he won’t be winning it… SMH.

Dude has like a Rock/Stone Cold promo thing about him… he could be massive if they do it right.

Trips has an interesting conundrum on his hands… I don’t think I see anyone as over organically as LA Knight is at the moment.

they should be pushing him now and have him win MITB but the way he’s been booked says he won’t be winning it… SMH.

Dude has like a Rock/Stone Cold promo thing about him… he could be massive if they do it right.
Trips is similar to Vince. He will stick to the plan, even if something comes up. The difference is he will elevate the planned star to the level of the other star, opposed to Vince who burries those who got over on their own.

case in point, Trips built Cody up on the road to Wrestlemania whilst keeping Sami hot and gave Sami a big moment. Vince would have buried Sami at chamber, then watched the audience turn on Cody for being a chosen one.

Sky & Priest win the briefcases. Disappointed LA Knight didn’t get the mens but there is plenty of meat on the bone with Priest & the judgement day. Knight can be elevated and/or win the title without the briefcase.

Sky was 100% the right choice.

Big Pete

Referee
SummerSlam was largely a solid if not relatively safe show.

Brock put over Cody big, Iyo Sky cashed in her Money in the Bank briefcase, Jimmy turned on Jey Uso and Shayna presumably retired Ronda in a faux MMA match that the fans couldn't care less about.

Supposedly Roman picked up an injury in the main event. Thankfully he wrestles as much as Brock does these days that they can easily work around it, but that may explain why the match was so lackluster. They essentially dragged what should have been at most a 20 minute match into 35 and the crowd was relatively quiet through out.

Haven't really caught up on RAW yet but from what I heard LA Knight & The Miz had a promo battle. Also Shinsuke Nakamura attacked Seth Rollins, presumably setting up a title match for Payback.

In other news, Kairi Sane is set to return to the WWE. She held a press conference announcing her hiatus from Japanese wrestling and she's expected to come to the WWE in November. Hopefully with HHH in charge, she'll receive a better spot on the card. Her return should also help Iyo Sky maintain her spot on the card as well.

If there is one thing I never want to see again it’s worked MMA, it never looks good. Excited for Kairi to be back, expect her to feud with Sky later in the year. Just hope she doesn’t have bad luck with concussions again, although Nia not being there will help her out.

Elimination Chamber being held in Perth….

View attachment 79674
Seems an odd choice but let’s see how it goes. Chamber is either a cracking PPV or an absolute dud. The matches themselves are always okay, but if they’re predictable then it can be a 30 minute slog to get to an obvious outcome. There are obvious exceptions to this (Kofimania chamber was incredible).

Sometimes though you get some crazy outcome and it makes a great show. The 2009 PPV stands out when Edge lost the WWE title in the opener then snaked his way into the main event and won.

Valheru

Coach
I am completely unsurprised that CM Punk has returned, they always come back. Like what name of note has actually left and never come back?

I am completely unsurprised that CM Punk has returned, they always come back. Like what name of note has actually left and never come back?
I was shocked to be honest. Generally those who leave to never return do so because they fall out with Vince. Hunter is the middle man who negotiates a return (Warrior, Sammartino, Goldberg, Hart, Superstar Billy Graham - not sure who helped bring Richter back). The people who have beef with Hunter are often the ones who never make it back (Chyna and Macho Man stand out & would also be the answer to your question).

Punk was very clear in the cabana interview what he thinks about Hunter.

Valheru

Coach
I was shocked to be honest. Generally those who leave to never return do so because they fall out with Vince. Hunter is the middle man who negotiates a return (Warrior, Sammartino, Goldberg, Hart, Superstar Billy Graham - not sure who helped bring Richter back). The people who have beef with Hunter are often the ones who never make it back (Chyna and Macho Man stand out & would also be the answer to your question).

Punk was very clear in the cabana interview what he thinks about Hunter.
Chyna wasn't welcomed back due to her lifestyle which was something they didn't want to give attention to thorugh the PG era.

Savage - yep he is the obvious one that came to my mind as well

I don't think ti is fair to say Vince doesn't allow the return of those he falls out with. Hunter may have got warrior back for the HoF but Vince let him back twice prior to that in 1992 and 1996. Vince also let Hogan back in 2003 and Hogan testified against him in federal court in 1994.