What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Referee
Before he was sidelined with a broken neck in 2003, I actually enjoyed Edge's run as a face and thought if he continued he could have easily been the face of the company at the time.

Shame he lost all his momentum after that and had to start over.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Sad for Edge, but I'm not particularly gutted by his departure. I like his charisma and he isn't bad in the ring, but I was never a huge fan of him. Hopefully this means that Christian gets an actual feud with Del Rio to establish him as something more than a perennial midcarder.

Moffo

Referee
Does anyone seriously give a f**k about Cole vs lawler? Surely this will make it in to wrestlingcraps worst 10 angles of all time?

Big Pete

Referee
Cole/Lawler is dragging and should have ended at Mania. With that said, I can see this match ushering the return of JR onto the commentry booth.

Before he was sidelined with a broken neck in 2003, I actually enjoyed Edge's run as a face and thought if he continued he could have easily been the face of the company at the time.

Shame he lost all his momentum after that and had to start over.

When he got injured he was as close as you can be to being a maineventer without actually being one. He was so popular then and you could tell when the likes of the Rock and Austin left he was going to move into the title scene. I don't think he had to completely start over when he returned though, his year or so out merely delayed the inevitable as he was always destined to be a main eventer.

Ridders

Coach
Tuned into Raw for the first time in years, mainly for Edge.

Did anyone catch that match between Jack Swagger and Lawler? Nearly turned the TV off. Not so much for the match, but more so Cole being miked up and yelling "COME ON SWAGGER" about 50 times. So f**king annoying.

Sad to see Edge go. Will always remember him for being a part of one of my favourite ever matches (TLC at WM 17) and one of my favourite ever moments (spearing Jeff Hardy of that monster ladder).

Also caught the main-event (5 man gauntlet match). Was surprised to see that Cena is still such as polarising figure. Gotta say he brings such a buzz to the Arena. Enjoyed the "Lets go Cena/Cena Sucks" tandem chants.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think he had to completely start over when he returned though, his year or so out merely delayed the inevitable as he was always destined to be a main eventer.

As a performer he was off the pace and fans barely reacted or even booed him.

Then they gave him MitB and Lita, the rest is history.

Does anyone else share the blind hatred for Heath Slater as I do?

I can't quite put my finger on it, but he really sh*ts me too. Sucks, because I don't mind Gabriel, and both Jackson and Barrett are awesome but Slater makes it hard for me to enjoy the Corre.

Matt23

Staff member
I can't quite put my finger on it, but he really sh*ts me too. Sucks, because I don't mind Gabriel, and both Jackson and Barrett are awesome but Slater makes it hard for me to enjoy the Corre.
Gabriel & Barrett are worth keeping...Slater & Jackson are both meh

RedVDave

First Grade
It's going to be very hard to fill Edge's void IMO easily in the top 3 stars at the moment: complete package in regards to match quality, charisma, star power & experince hard to replace that.

Left us all with a ton of great memories though.

Status
Not open for further replies.