What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Last nights raw was pretty mellowed compared to last week. Even the main event was boring. I get the feeling they rushed the ending to that match due to Cena's broken nose.

It looks like this Divas revolution is long overdue. The problem with the WWE is that they had the talent to do this well over 5 years ago, but did nothing about it then.

Bulldog Force

Referee
...and while on the Divas:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE_Diva_Suffers_Concussion_on_Last_Night_s_RAW.html

WWE Diva Suffers Concussion on Last Night's RAW
By Marc Middleton
Jul 28, 2015 - 5:02:32 PM

- WWE has announced that Alicia Fox suffered a concussion in her match with Nikki Bella against Charlotte and Becky Lynch on last night's RAW from Oklahoma City.

This could lead to a new member of Team Bella being brought into the group, as has been speculated. We'll keep you updated.
Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe..._on_Last_Night_s_RAW.html#2LEEUcoY67xkQ5Td.99

Now moving things along slightly, what do people think of having a 3 way 9 Diva tag team match at SummerSlam? The Bellas, vs B.A.D. vs Team page? I think it has potential. Not a 1 vs 1 type match where you can tag anyone, but a 1 vs 1 vs 1 type match. Imagine all 3 tag in one team together :lol:

Bulldog Force

Referee
While on SummerSlam: http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe..._Speculation_Among_WWE_Talents_Backstage.html

Sting Not Appearing at WWE SummerSlam After All?, Speculation Among WWE Talents Backstage
By Marc Middleton
Jul 28, 2015 - 5:48:11 PM

- While Sting has been expected to appear and actually wrestle at next month's WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view, word is that as of this afternoon he is not scheduled to make any kind of appearance that night.

There was some speculation among WWE talents that Sting may team with Stephen Amell to face Stardust and possibly The Miz, with the idea that both Amell and Sting are "vigilantes.". There has also been talk that Sting would team with Roman Reigns to face The Wyatt Family but PWInsider says that is all speculation as WWE is not planning on using Sting at SummerSlam as of late this afternoon.

Sting will be in New York City that weekend to make the SummerSlam Experience signing appearance but apparently WWE will not be using him at SummerSlam after all.

Valheru

Coach
Is anyone else not understanding the logic behind taker/lesnar?

So Lesnar ends the streak cleanly, doesn’t beat down taker after the match and then goes on to win the world title. Sure, he brags about ending the streak over the next year but who wouldn’t? Lesnar then gets screwed out of the title by Rollins (turning him face). Lesnar finally gets his shot at Rollins and Undertaker costs him the match because he wants “revenge”. That is obviously a very heelish thing to do yet he is not meant to be a heel.

The obvious thing to do would be for taker to just come out on Raw and say something to the affect of “I know I can beat you, give me another chance”. It makes absolutely no sense that Taker would want to cost Lesnar a world title win against Rollins.

Bulldog Force

Referee

So Lesnar ends the streak cleanly, doesn?t beat down taker after the match and then goes on to win the world title. Sure, he brags about ending the streak over the next year but who wouldn?t? Lesnar then gets screwed out of the title by Rollins (turning him face). Lesnar finally gets his shot at Rollins and Undertaker costs him the match because he wants ?revenge?. That is obviously a very heelish thing to do yet he is not meant to be a heel.

The obvious thing to do would be for taker to just come out on Raw and say something to the affect of ?I know I can beat you, give me another chance?. It makes absolutely no sense that Taker would want to cost Lesnar a world title win against Rollins.

That's WWE creative for you. It seems that UT is meant to be a heel now, but the WWE Universe love him so much and have that much respect for him that it's not working well.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

So Lesnar ends the streak cleanly, doesn?t beat down taker after the match and then goes on to win the world title. Sure, he brags about ending the streak over the next year but who wouldn?t? Lesnar then gets screwed out of the title by Rollins (turning him face). Lesnar finally gets his shot at Rollins and Undertaker costs him the match because he wants ?revenge?. That is obviously a very heelish thing to do yet he is not meant to be a heel.

The obvious thing to do would be for taker to just come out on Raw and say something to the affect of ?I know I can beat you, give me another chance?. It makes absolutely no sense that Taker would want to cost Lesnar a world title win against Rollins.

On top of that they just brought Lesnar back as a face (of sorts) and then put him up against a guy who simply won't bet booed.

Big Pete

Referee
Thanks to Paul Heyman constantly reminding fans of the fact that Brock beat Taker, to the point where it felt like he was rubbing it in more than using it to legitimise his client, the match was always on the table.

The problem is definitely timing. It's clear that plans fell through, so they had to go to this match in order to have a big marquee match to build promotion around.

I've been fairly ambivalent about the whole deal, but it isn't completely baffling. WWE has a big Texas show to build towards. Building Taker back up and promoting him as something more than just the Wrestlemania Santa Claus may drive up interest in his home-town (and elsewhere).

mackdadday

Juniors
Why does every match have to be good guy vs bad guy? A good old fashioned grudge match after 16 months of trash talk sounds great to me.

Eelementary

Post Whore

It's not really a case of heel and face here, imo - the WWE are using the much-publicised confrontation at the UFC between them a few years back to pump up the tyres of this feud.

Lesnar is beloved, but Taker is an icon. Nothing wrong with two of the most over stars going at it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
They've booked themselves into a bit of a corner here.

Taker beating Lesnar is beyond implausible at this point, and him doing so would damage the credibility of one of their bigger drawcards.

Have Lesnar beat Undertaker again and you tarnish the old man's legacy and make him look like an idiot for calling Lesnar out.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The other issue is that Heyman hasn't been pushing "the 1 in 21-1" thing for quite a while. It's all been about Suplex City and Seth Rollins hiding behind The Authority.

Shh! Don't poke holes in their storylines! It not liked they've hired professional writers to plan this shit or anything... :sarcasm:

Eelementary

Post Whore
They've booked themselves into a bit of a corner here.

Taker beating Lesnar is beyond implausible at this point, and him doing so would damage the credibility of one of their bigger drawcards.

Have Lesnar beat Undertaker again and you tarnish the old man's legacy and make him look like an idiot for calling Lesnar out.

If it was anyone else, then maybe Lesnar's credibility would take a hit - but losing to the iconic Phenom? Not too sure.

I'm a massive Taker fan, but I also love Lesnar - and I think Taker is sadly getting too old to put on good matches.

I'm sort of hoping they go at it, and then Sheamus interrupts and tries to cash in his MITB briefcase or something, to save face for both Lesnar and Taker.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Who knows? Maybe no one told him Rollins has the title. Plus with it going 4 hours, how the hell are they going to fill the time.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If it was anyone else, then maybe Lesnar's credibility would take a hit - but losing to the iconic Phenom? Not too sure.

I'm a massive Taker fan, but I also love Lesnar - and I think Taker is sadly getting too old to put on good matches.

I'm sort of hoping they go at it, and then Sheamus interrupts and tries to cash in his MITB briefcase or something, to save face for both Lesnar and Taker.

Maybe a few years ago. The Phenom had his ass kicked by Lesnar last time, and it's not like he's getting any younger or fitter. His match against Wyatt was a plodding, tedious affair that showed he no longer has the chutzpah he once did.

I certainly can't buy him as a legitimate threat to a younger, faster, and stronger Lesnar.

Status
Not open for further replies.