What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Now there's your pay off and guess what? It got a thunderous reaction.

Vince's stubbornness lost out to the fact the crowd just don't want to boo Daniel Bryan, no matter how hard Vince tries to make it happen.

Great pay-off, but clearly had to be rushed.

Big Pete

Referee
How long did you expect this angle to play out? Two weeks was perfectly fine and now there's more intrigue leading into the Rumble.

Fans just can't give credit where credit's due.

mackdadday

Juniors
what a horrible waste when finally there was the prospect of an actually interesting ongoing situation. bryan vs all the wyatts smashed by the usos. bryan goes back to being yes man. arrghhhhhh

DB

First Grade
I'll be honest, play it off for a couple of weeks... final two in the rumble Bray vs Bryan. Bray demanding Bryan to eliminate himself. Bryan steps over the top rope, but just stands on the apron. Bray starts to celebrate, Bryan re-enters and fights and wins. You've got a blowoff match at Elimination Chamber, then Bryan for the title at WM.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Word I heard was Batista is winning the Rumble.
That would be pathetic. You know... now with only 1 title match, the WWE would have about a 25 min void to fill in at all PPVS from now on, meaning another 1 or 2 nuffy matches, when clearly they should use this time for a 40 man Royal Rumble MK2 - give it another go!

I'll be honest, play it off for a couple of weeks... final two in the rumble Bray vs Bryan. Bray demanding Bryan to eliminate himself. Bryan steps over the top rope, but just stands on the apron. Bray starts to celebrate, Bryan re-enters and fights and wins. You've got a blowoff match at Elimination Chamber, then Bryan for the title at WM.

This would have been awesome. Oh well. Still could happen? who knows?

DB has to win the rumble he is so over. Even when they turned him heel, crowd still cheers the shit out of him. Yes is gonna get pretty damn stale eventually but right now it's as hot as anything in wrestling.

ParraSteve

Juniors
I wonder if it was a test to see how popular Bryan is, Cena only had a small segment on raw while Bryan was the focal point of the show.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Quick thoughts:

So, Bryan, Cena and Sheamus v the Shield for three spots in the chamber. Wyatt's come out and attack cena, giving the DQ win to the faces.

Batista booed, Lesnar turned impromptu baby face. Heyman reluctantly going for the cheap pop was great. Lesnar wanted a match against either Batista or Orton. The authority didn't give it to him, so he looks to be wrecking shit until he gets what he wants.

Hopefully Batista enters the chamber match instead of mania, loses and fades into obscurity.

Ryback looked injured, taking a hellish corner shoulder bump.

Unless there were a million kids in the back off camera, it looked like they piped in more sound again. Most of the long shots of the crowd in the main were dead except when Bryan was there. The crowd tried hijacking the Kofi ADR match, but it was so good they brought them back in.

Not bad. Not great, but not bad.

Big Pete

Referee
A lot of people are saying the show was re-written but I have my doubts. Bryan was always going to be involved in the EC PPV, whether he wins it will be an entirely different story.

It was reported that the show was still being rewritten 90 minutes prior. I think they've finally realised that Bryan is a big deal to the fans, and had to rewrite the show accordingly. Will be interesting to see how he is booked during the EC match.

Big Pete

Referee
Those reports are made all the time.

I honestly don't know how the opening segment was a departure from what he's been doing in the past. It's just fans buying into their own narrative.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Those reports are made all the time.

I honestly don't know how the opening segment was a departure from what he's been doing in the past. It's just fans buying into their own narrative.

I give the rewrite rumor a lot more credit as the reddit poster that posted the correct results of the royal rumble before the show has said that it happened.

Big Pete

Referee
What credit?

Bryan was always going to be involved in the Elimination Chamber and a segment involving him and the two Authority Figures he's been feuding with for months was hardly a shock or a shift in the narrative they've been presenting.

That doesn't mean that the WWE has redeemed itself.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
What credit?

Bryan was always going to be involved in the Elimination Chamber and a segment involving him and the two Authority Figures he's been feuding with for months was hardly a shock or a shift in the narrative they've been presenting.

That doesn't mean that the WWE has redeemed itself.

no doubt it continues the story line. I assume that the authority cheat Bryan in the Chamber that leads to a bryan/punk vs authority/DX or something.

the poster I'm talking about has a very strong history of predicting PPV's so I'm gonna assume the rewrite rumor as true. plus the amount of crazy rumors that hit this community this one isn't so farfetched.

They made it obvious that this wasn't the same direction they had planned the night before at the RR (though getting him out of the Wyatt storyline was also a factor in showing how over he was, if not he would still be a member of the Wyatt Family). They had Bryan lose (a very good match though), didn't have Bryan in the Rumble, and had JBL pointing out in commentary that Bryan lost so why would people be cheering for him.

I believe they called for a change in script because they finally realise that Bryan has connected with the fanbase. Also, they probably don't want Daniel Bryan chants throughout the WM30 PPV.

afinalsin666

First Grade
If Daniel Bryan doesn't main, it will be chaos. The crowd will destroy anyone that isn't him. They had a taste yesterday, it will be 10 times worse if they keep him out of it. Especially considering there was quite an amount of yes chants and Daniel Bryan chants last year, and that was with the f**king rock in the main.

I don't particularly think they rewrote this show, but I definitely think they have changed the end game. This show was about the shield and Wyatt's setting up for a feud.

They saw last night and realized they have to have Bryan there. 90,000 people booing the f**k out of the main event of the biggest night of them all when you are trying to ship the network will be a bad look. Considering Bryan's snub made actual news, they can't risk that bad press later in the year.

Big Pete

Referee
They had Bryan lose (a very good match though), didn't have Bryan in the Rumble, and had JBL pointing out in commentary that Bryan lost so why would people be cheering for him.

Bryan didn't need the win given he already pulled Bray's pants down on television.

Having Bryan lose two matches in one night wasn't a crash hot idea.

A heel commentator talks down a babyface? Why I never...

Status
Not open for further replies.