What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Wrestlemania 22 Thread *May Include Spoilers*

thuganomics

Coach

With only months away from the biggest spectacle of the year, I thought that we could start talking Wrestlemania.

What matches would you like to see? What you thought of past Manias etc.

thuganomics

Coach
Possible Matches:

Batista vs Randy Orton - World Heavyweight Championship
John Cena vs Edge vs Triple H - WWE Title
Stone Cold vs Hulk Hogan - Dream Match

Jono078

Referee
Hmm. I thought I read that they were gonna stop the Roman Numerals. Guess not.

Hogan Vs. Austin - would be alright imo, both different styles and can be entertaining.
Cena Vs. Angle Vs. HHH Vs. Edge - could be possible, and would like it more if it was eliminations style.
Batista Vs. ??? It could even be someone from Raw ? But atm it looks like Orton.
Ken Kennedy Vs. Benoit for US Title - Id like to see that match.

Lots of other good wrestlers to fill in aswell
Lashley, Carlito, Masters, Kane, Big Show, Booker T, JBL, Rey Mysterio

Cant wait for the Royal Rumble at the moment, by then things should be picking right up.

thuganomics

Coach
- There is a strong possibility of Randy Orton coming out as the winner at the 2006 WWE Royal Rumble due to his current push. After he wins the Royal Rumble, Orton will begin to work a program with Batista, which will setup a World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania 22. Orton's title reign last year was a disappointment to management and they are very adamant about making up for it. With Batista being the current champion and 40 years old, WWE feels that his days at the top are very limited.

thuganomics

Coach
To be honest I would love to see a heel win the Rumble this year. Orton has impressed me latley and wouldn't mind seeing him go to Mania.

lockyno1

Post Whore
This is my card:

World Heavyweight championship Batista vs Randy Orton (winner of the rumble)

WWE Championship: HHH vs Kurt Angle vs Edge (cashes in his MITB), Cena loses it at Royal Rumble

Tag Title Unification match: World Tag Team Champions, Kane and Big Show vs. MNM vs. LOD vs. Rob Van Dam and John Cena in a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match!

Intercontinental Championship Carlito vs Chavo Guerro

US TITLE Chris Benoit vs. Ken Kennedy in an Ultimate Submission match

No 1 Contender casket match Undertaker vs. Bobby Lashley

Womens Title Trish vs Ashley vs. Mickie James vs Victoria, fatal four way elimination match.

Dream Match: Austin vs. Hogan, no holds barred.

There we go, that is may card.

PARANoIR

Bench
Genius Freak said:
Batista is 40? Wow. Who knew?

I did. He faked his age to get in to the WWE. He told them he was only 32 or something, when infact he was actually 39. But once he got the WHC he told them.

PARANoIR

Bench
WHC - Batista (c) v Orton v Lesnar (Yes, still with the wishful thinking.)

WWE Title - Hunter (c) v Edge v Angle v Cena (Hunter wins Elim. Chamber, Edge cashes his MITB)

Hardcore Rules Intercontinental Championship Match - Carlito (c) vs Rob Van Dam (Carlito beats Flair at Rumble)

Cruiserweight Title Match - Juvi (c) v Rey Mysterio v Chavo Guerrero v Kid Kash v Jamie Noble v Paul London (Chavo gots back to SD coz he wants the Cruiser strap again)

US Title - Bobby Lashley (c) v Booker T (Lashley wins off Benoit at No Way Out)

Tag Turmoil Titles Unification Match (yes I stole this idea!) - Kane & Show (c) v Super Crazy & Psycosis (c) v LOD v Snitsky & Tomko (Mexicools to take the title on SD one day)

"Dream" Match: Hogan v Austin

Eddie Guerrero Memorial Match: Chris Benoit v Chris Jericho

Couldnt find room for Taker, JBL, Kennedy or for any form of chicks match.

If I could have one more match, It'd probably be a Number 1 contenders cage match with Taker and Bradshaw.

sydraider

First Grade
Pardon my ignorance as I havent watched wrestling for a few years now.

Is stone cold back in the WWE???

I just seen his name mentioned for a possible match with hogan. was just curious.

The last wrestlemania I watched was XVII, that was awesome. The TLC match with tha hardy's and the dudley's, Undertaker v HHH, Austin v The Rock. Was one if the best wrestlemania's I have watched IMO.

thuganomics

Coach
Stone Cold is back with the WWE however it's mainly on a non-wrestling role. The WWE however are pushing a Hogan vs Austin match at Mania.

And I agree with you when you say Wrestlemania 17 was one of the greatest Wrestlemania's of all time.

thuganomics

Coach
Can anyone picture where the Undertaker will be?

He would have to have a important match on the card to continue the winning streak at Mania...just can't figure out who against. Maybe a Kennedy or a Lashley or maybe a interpromotional match up?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I thought Undertaker was giving it away after 'Mania? If so then they'll either have him put over a young guy like Lashley as the only person to beat him at Wrestlemania, or a classic match with an old rival (in which he'll win).

lockyno1

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
I thought Undertaker was giving it away after 'Mania? If so then they'll either have him put over a young guy like Lashley as the only person to beat him at Wrestlemania, or a classic match with an old rival (in which he'll win).

The plan for Taker is for him to continue for another 18mths, but in an on/off scenario, meaning he will not be wrestling every month. Plus they won't end it at Mania, it will most likely be Survivor Series or Summerslam!

lockyno1

Post Whore
thuganomics said:
Summerslam is pretty random, Survivor Series would make much more sence since that is where he debuted.

Agreed, my first guess would be Survivor Series, but the only other "Big PPV" is Summerslam. The Yoyal Rumble is big but they won't end his career at the start of the year. That would be plain stupid. Survivor Series would be my best bet too.

Latest posts