What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wy did we abandon the left?

Quigs

Immortal
couldnt get him under the cap quigs

You fool .... he is the best outside back in the world. The Golden Boot of the backs.

I know all this fantasy league comps have concrete rules ... black and white instructions ... no room for flexibility etc.

But crikey, you could of put up a pie and $2.67 with a backend deal worth $8 million.

Sh!t they do it in the real world for a player not even worthy of doing up Paris's laces, surely you could rort the fantasy system to get the Worlds best into your fantasy team.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'm just spewin that we could have had the Dragons on toast also.. Doubt they will be as vunerable next time. One thing though.... they are probably not looking forward to aiming up to our pack again in a hurry.

Quigs

Immortal
Jennings just had an off day, like the rest of the Pennies. He still looked dangerous with the ball in hand.

There is a lot of disharmony in the Pennies Camp right now. I believe it has been there for a couple of seasons now.

Elliott is now on notice. Senior Players called in to offer assessments. It looks all very disjointed to me.

I watched Petro closely yesterday. Watch the replay for yourself. At first I thought he must of been carrying a back injury. To me he appeared as though he didnt want to be there.

His hit on Graham late in the game was a hit of frustration. Very much unlike Petro.

Half his runs were "just" runs... no real drive.

The Pennies effort yesterday was no team effort. They were just going through the motions.

coolumsharkie

Referee
If it looks and smells like a turd.....

Mind you it's hard to stay motivated 30 points down with 30 minutes to go.

Card Shark

Immortal
I'm just spewin that we could have had the Dragons on toast also.. Doubt they will be as vunerable next time. One thing though.... they are probably not looking forward to aiming up to our pack again in a hurry.

At about 1.45 today we will kno how badly we hurt the dragons...I'm tipping they will run out of puff V the warriors early in the game.

coolumsharkie

Referee
How good is this, NYC starts in 7 minutes, the under 11's start later than that. ... I'm in footy heaven again today.

azzah72

Bench
Maybe - but what you lose in one area you pick up in another.

Smith has a proven himself in this position in the NRL over a long period of time and it's tough to judge him trying to play under Sticky last season.

NO halfback has ever shone under Sticky and kelly is walking testament that Sticky has little idea or faith in what to do with them.

The better teams will prepare better for us soon and NOBODY ever won a comp without a halfback tried and true at this level (except bennet with Perry, but he had Lockyer at 6 who ran the team anyway).

When the intensity picks up in afew weeks a halfback who knows how to guide a team to safe areas around the park will release a lot of pressure.

At the moment we have a LOT of chiefs slipping balls - which are sticking - and it is all coming off.
fact: it won't be like that for the next 23 weeks.

Graham has not the game, experience nor maturity to reign it in and settle it.
He's a lock or even a 5/8 in the Olsen filipnana mould.

End of the day, tim smith WAS the first choice halfback, flanno said it, there was an article about it, the works but he has No form, he's a liabilty in defence, he doesn't run the ball and shanks 3/5 balls he kicks.

After trial form, flanno made the backflip decision and put our youngest halves paring together on form, they still have a few weeks till they are at the their peak, the forwards are really helping them atm but I think it is a masterstroke though because their enthusiasm alone will lift the team let alone skill. That and dropping collis have been two great decisions that Ricky simply didn't do. I have faith in Flanno.

I said in another thread in which i agree with some of here, Graham isn't playing a halfbacks halfback but he is doing some simple things that keep the team rolling. The Big thing he is doing though is the kick chase, we have severely missed that since noddy left, even though not all of his kicks have been perfect, he's in there face on the opp's 10 meter line and smashing them, keep putting out defence on the front foot, the gronks we've had in the halves the last few years didn't do that. His chase and his great defence is all thats needed atm, kelly and morris are providing some nice attacking kicks and running the ball nice, the back row are creating great second phase play, gardener is sniffing around and killing them, it's a team working as a team and that is what flanno has instilled and instilled well, know your role and play it to the best of your ability.

I love it.

Special K

Coach
compare our spine now to round 3 last year

now

1. Gardner 6. Kelly 7. Graham 9. Morris 13. Gallen
1. Kelly 6. Barrett 7. Morris 9. Aiton 13. Gallen

Or round 4 when we made changes gave us our first win we used
1. Kelly 6. Barrett 7. Smith 9. Morris

Youth and unpredictability really helps and gives us something which we have not had since pre kimmorley. Smith would have not scored those tries Albert did yesterday.

I love everything about monday night and yesterday but I am not getting too carried away. It's a long way to October. For me it really is an old cliche - 1 week at a time and do not get ahead of ourselves.

Frenzy.

Immortal
End of the day, tim smith WAS the first choice halfback, flanno said it, there was an article about it, the works but he has No form, he's a liabilty in defence, he doesn't run the ball and shanks 3/5 balls he kicks.

After trial form, flanno made the backflip decision and put our youngest halves paring together on form, they still have a few weeks till they are at the their peak, the forwards are really helping them atm but I think it is a masterstroke though because their enthusiasm alone will lift the team let alone skill. That and dropping collis have been two great decisions that Ricky simply didn't do. I have faith in Flanno.

I said in another thread in which i agree with some of here, Graham isn't playing a halfbacks halfback but he is doing some simple things that keep the team rolling. The Big thing he is doing though is the kick chase, we have severely missed that since noddy left, even though not all of his kicks have been perfect, he's in there face on the opp's 10 meter line and smashing them, keep putting out defence on the front foot, the gronks we've had in the halves the last few years didn't do that. His chase and his great defence is all thats needed atm, kelly and morris are providing some nice attacking kicks and running the ball nice, the back row are creating great second phase play, gardener is sniffing around and killing them, it's a team working as a team and that is what flanno has instilled and instilled well, know your role and play it to the best of your ability.

I love it.

It's very Ando actually

Seem to remember he promised someone first go at halfback as well only to see that last for the trials only.

Ando was roundly lambasted for that.

Seems to me the same people that did the lambasting should possibly be just as peeved with Flanno, right?

Devil's post ^^^

azzah72

Bench
It's very Ando actually

Seem to remember he promised someone first go at halfback as well only to see that last for the trials only.

Seems to me the same people that did the lambasting should possibly be just as peeved with Flanno, right?

Devil's post ^^^

No because when ando did it, he replaced and in form dally m player of the year, not a space cadet that has no form. He's done it for the right reasons, for the better of the sharks, not to help out old mate.

coolumsharkie

Referee
It's very Ando actually

Devil's post ^^^

In the words of the famous chorus response- No way get f'ked fk off :p

Ando introduced the flat attack and Noddyball, Presto is still carving it up in the NRL.. Flanno hasn't had a pre season hearty either.. F'k Ando no comparison!!

Last edited:

imasharkie

Coach
In the words of the famous chorus response- No way get f'ked fk off :p

Ando introduced the flat attack and Noddyball, Presto is still carving it up in the NRL.. Flanno hasn't had a pre season hearty either.. F'k Ando no comparison!!
we have the new Presto now, Cools