What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xerri commits

cb4

First Grade
Excellent retention this one. Just about every club in the NRL were after him. Union as well.
The best thing about him is he has bought into Flanno's plan and knows his pathway to first grade.
Honestly think we will be talking about him as the best centre in the game by the time he is 24.

Inferno

Coach
Is he likely to force his way into the first grade side over the off season or will he make his way through the jets?

cb4

First Grade
Is he likely to force his way into the first grade side over the off season or will he make his way through the jets?
I would wager a guess that his only way into round 1 next year would be on the wing.
As it stands, our contracted wingers going into 2019 are Feki, Katoa and Gray, none of which fill me with confidence.
Xerri is a left sided player and I would say Josh Morris will start at left centre.
Dugan Right centre.
Wingers, yeh, he may get a run.

getsmarty

Immortal
SHARKS’ XERRI CONTRACT DILEMMA

The Cronulla Sharks are facing some tough recruitment calls.

The boom centre Bronson Xerri is on about a quarter of the salary of Josh Dugan, who has three years left on his contract. Xerri is off contract next year.

The local junior will attract huge interest from rival clubs. His scorching try against the Penrith Panthers was superstar stuff. Which brings us back to Dugan. It’s not his fault that the club agreed to pay him $800,000-a-season as a marquee player.

He was playing Origin at the time but it was a panic signing when they lost Jack Bird to the Brisbane Broncos. The Sharks need his money to keep Xerri. They can’t offload Dugan because no other club could afford him.