What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xerri test sample B

I'm thinking out aloud here with this hypothetical (conspiracy?)
Just say the manager, or lawyer, is doing his job, bare with me on this one
Xerri has been tested positive for the B sample so is going to get the 4 years no matter what, manager/lawyer works a deal with asada that Xerri will give them more info as long as they hold off in announcing until the end of the season so he (Xerri) gets the full season pay.

There has to be a reason why the paper has brought the topic of the lawyer into question. They always plant seeds to see what rises to the surface.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'd ask the lawyer to reveal the results of the b sample under threat of withholding payment. If its positive they won't be getting any money back surely even if they sued

Myrrhk. I don't think it would be that easy. Would also cost Bronwyn most of his money in legal fees. Doubt he would get punitive damages from an organisation doing it's job. Albeit slowly but we don't know why.

Might even be Xerri and his entourage holding it up for all we know. Remember, Xerri has his B Sample result. If he were me and I were him and that was -ve I'd be blurting it to the world. It's his information to share isn't it?

So why isn't he?

Get a lawyer in here.

Card Shark

Immortal
However, as even Xerri would know from the mountain of anti-doping pamphlets, slides and information he was provided by the NRL, ASADA and the Sharks in the past five years, there‘s no ‘sympathy bay’ when it comes to keeping sport clean.

He’s facing a four-year ban from all sports.

Any ban will be backdated to his original provisional suspension date in May.

Other than keeping his bank balance healthy, with the Sharks legally bound to continue paying the teenager his $240,000 salary until the case is closed, the drawn-out saga has few positives, if any at all.

773d33cee91c0fa1aecd0a50f56a1f6b

Bronson Xerri is facing a four-year ban from all sports. Picture: Phil Hillyard
From the moment Xerri was handed an anti-doping violation, he was suspended and isolated from his Cronulla teammates and unable to train.

I’ve written previously about the lack of consistency from all sporting codes in Australia in allowing athletes who are facing serious criminal charges to continue to train in a team environment where daily support and welfare exists, but not those who are facing an anti-doping charge.

Without that face-to-face contact, every now and then Xerri has messaged his footy mates before a match this year, evidently missing the daily routine and process of tempering his emotion until game day.

The NRL are acutely aware of how the delay in reaching an outcome in Xerri’s case is damaging for all.

For the Sharks, it’s the fact they have lost a key member of their 2020 season campaign and continue to pay a player that is no longer contributing to the club.

The monthly payment to Xerri of around $20,000 also eliminates the Sharks’ chances of using the money to buy another player.

They’re effectively paying for 30 players inside their NRL salary cap, when they only have 29.

b9e5e64d1d9786445ecdd8668dab453c

The Sharks are big losers in the delay on Bronson Xerri’s case. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images

This is all part of the reason why ARLC chairman Peter V’landys and acting NRL CEO Andrew Abdo called a meeting with Sports Integrity Australia – the new boss of ASADA – to discuss the drawn-out Xerri case.

The meeting, held on August 4, was reported as “positive” by V’landys.

And while there’s still no outcome, “the clock is ticking” and it isn’t far away.

It‘s understood SIA, the NRL and Cronulla aren’t responsible for the lengthy process of which the case has run.

There’s something else, “another factor”, is how my source explained.

The suggestion being perpetuated throughout the game is that Xerri’s lawyer is content with the delay, so long as the Sharks continue to pay the fleet-footed centre.

Xerri’s lawyer, Ramy Qutami, failed to respond to my chat request.

KEY DATES IN BRONSON XERRI CASE
November 25, 2019: Xerri is target tested by ASADA agents.

May 26, 2020: Xerri is provisionally suspended by the NRL for positive A-sample to anabolic steroids.

June 9: Xerri receives results of his B-sample.

August 4: Frustrated ARLC chairman Peter V’landys and acting NRL boss Andrew Abdo meet with Sports Integrity Australia CEO David Sharpe over delayed outcome.

There is also the assertion that SIA had originally investigated the possibility that “facilitators” were involved in providing Xerri with the steroids, prolonging the case.

There is also the process every athlete facing an anti-doping violation receives.

The process is legislated and according to ASADA “at its heart is the notion of procedural fairness”.

I spoke with SIA on Friday about the amount of time an athlete receives under “procedural fairness”.

“While not commenting on a specific case, Sport Integrity Australia’s process ensures that an athlete facing possible anti-doping rule violations is afforded procedural fairness,” the statement in reply read.

“This includes being able to respond to notices issued under the National Anti-Doping Scheme and asking for additional time to make any such response.”

That time is almost up.

Yep, we have had a very chequered history with ASADA & Xerri would know that & he’s a total fool, so I have minimal sympathy.

Call me cynical but I reckon ASADA didn’t get their man the first time (the Sharks) but they are gunna get back at us now!

jc155776

Coach
It’s just classic lawyer delaying tactics.

Just like in criminal cases where lawyers trumpet how their client is innocent blah blah needs bail blah blah gets bail and earns a crust for however long before finally pleading out guilty when all the press dies down.

watch how many players plead guilty to charges at the end of a season during the off season, allowing them to continue to play etc.

I'm thinking out aloud here with this hypothetical (conspiracy?)
Just say the manager, or lawyer, is doing his job, bare with me on this one
Xerri has been tested positive for the B sample so is going to get the 4 years no matter what, manager/lawyer works a deal with asada that Xerri will give them more info as long as they hold off in announcing until the end of the season so he (Xerri) gets the full season pay.

There has to be a reason why the paper has brought the topic of the lawyer into question. They always plant seeds to see what rises to the surface.

I started to "Bare with you" then I got Smart!!! I'll only do it if you post a selfy of you doing it! On a serious note your wild theory actually sounds Plausible! These Goombahs would be getting up to tricks like that IMHO.What else do they have to do to keep busy ?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Myrrhk. I don't think it would be that easy. Would also cost Bronwyn most of his money in legal fees. Doubt he would get punitive damages from an organisation doing it's job. Albeit slowly but we don't know why.

Might even be Xerri and his entourage holding it up for all we know. Remember, Xerri has his B Sample result. If he were me and I were him and that was -ve I'd be blurting it to the world. It's his information to share isn't it?

So why isn't he?

Get a lawyer in here.

That's what I thought the article is suggesting - lawyer/ Bronson is using delay tactics on ASADA. I don't know why ASADA are holding it up. But the club should ask Bronson/ his lawyer to share the results with it.

Frenzy.

Immortal
That's what I thought the article is suggesting - lawyer/ Bronson is using delay tactics on ASADA. I don't know why ASADA are holding it up. But the club should ask Bronson/ his lawyer to share the results with it.

May well be myrrhk. Fact is I don't know either. Happy to speculate along with everyone on this though.

AAMOF, I've been keeping the powder dry 'cause I haven't ruled out innocence..............yet

May well be myrrhk. Fact is I don't know either. Happy to speculate along with everyone on this though.

AAMOF, I've been keeping the powder dry 'cause I haven't ruled out innocence..............yet

Umm... Conspiracy theories ? optimist ? Clutching at straws ? Have you ruled anything out yet ? Fluffy ?

Windy70

Juniors
Well we can all thank the gods that ASADA isn't the ones testing for Covid. 9 months of Isolation while we wait.

DJDL

Bench
Lot of fuss for a dieseae with 99.96% survival rate

It's actually closer to 96.5%

Still good numbers on the surface, but what it worrying is that it is highly infectious and there is no known treatment or vaccine.

On top of that is the long-term damage the virus can do to the organs of survivors.

I've heard a story from a colleague who has first-hand knowledge of a doctor who contracted it, survived, and is now physically a mess.

He is late 40's, previously physically very fit - used to do marathons, triathlons and all sorts. Post-COVID he can barely walk as his lungs are shot. He survived, but it's pretty much ruined him for the rest of his life.

I'm sure Frenzy could weigh into the conversation on this one.

Eion

First Grade
Anyone thinking this is no big deal....seriously....did you not see the scenes out of New York / Italy when it runs rampant?

PJ

First Grade
It's actually closer to 96.5%

Still good numbers on the surface, but what it worrying is that it is highly infectious and there is no known treatment or vaccine.

On top of that is the long-term damage the virus can do to the organs of survivors.

I've heard a story from a colleague who has first-hand knowledge of a doctor who contracted it, survived, and is now physically a mess.

He is late 40's, previously physically very fit - used to do marathons, triathlons and all sorts. Post-COVID he can barely walk as his lungs are shot. He survived, but it's pretty much ruined him for the rest of his life.

I'm sure Frenzy could weigh into the conversation on this one.

5 Live Science did a podcast recently speaking to survivors and similar stories.

One was a mountain climber in her early thirties who now struggles to walk to the end of the street without becoming breathless.

Damages far more organs than just the lungs.

Going to be a long time before we know the true damage of this virus.